“Expectations were met”

Ranked #341 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I managed to book a good deal at this hotel and as it was cheaper than my normal hotel, thought why not ...

Check in ... Executive room with a great view overlooking Hyde Park on the 24 floor ...

Room was all I expected ... although short changed on the biscuits in the room ..

Lounge was much better than expected with great canapes, a Barolo as the red wine ... for me that was just heaven ... not sure why I went out for a meal ...

Bottles of water and fruit placed in room as part of turn down service ...

Towels were "refreshed" as part of turn down service ...

Breakfast was OK in lounge with lots of different options and a great view over Hyde Park again.

Nothing was too much trouble and an excellent relaxing stay (even though I was in the city for work).

Note : not sure why but I found it easier to use Green Park tube station, than Hyde Park, although using the Picadilly line and changing at Holborn is NOT recommended.

Note I have put the value as Average, for if you cannot get a special deal you are paying dearly for the service ... (IMHO)

Fitness Centre was good ... it was never too full but for the size of the hotel, I did think it was a bit too small ...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am so pleased to hear that you were able to arrange a special rate for your visit, and that we lived up to your expectations of us as a five-star property in the Mayfair district. Your kind words particularly about the Executive Lounge are well received, and I will make sure that the management team is made aware that we have left such a positive impression.

Thank you very much once again for your kind words, and I look forward to having you with us again any time.

There are newer reviews for London Hilton on Park Lane

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Excellent hotel great location for quality venues offering fine food and drink.
Really good for the tourist wander around interesting buildings and locations. Most within east walking or a brief taxi ride.
Staff very attentive and helpful.
Can't really do better for the money.
Certainly will be booking future visits.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am so pleased to read that your stay with us was so enjoyable, and our location so convenient. We pride ourselves on the welcoming and approachable nature of our staff, and I am so pleased that you found them to be attentive and helpful.

Thank you very much once again, and we certainly look forward to having you back with us in the future.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

For two nights on a business trip I stayed in this luxurious hotel in this magnificent part of London
Very close to major attractions and very lively place. I didn't use the spa or the pool cos it was really a busy trip

Room Tip: Park view rooms are best
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am so pleased to read that you have had a delightful stay with us here at the London Hilton on Park Lane, and that our location has proven to be so convenient for yourself.

While we do not have a pool on site at current, we do certainly have a fitness center by Precor with complimentary access for our guests which I do encourage you to visit upon your next visit.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

When you stay somewhere and they go out of their way to ensure that your stay surpasses all expectations, then you really must pass this on.

Having just returned from a short break, my husband and I felt thoroughly spoilt. The view from our room was second to none, a corner room overlooking both Hyde Park and Green Park (Buckingham Palace). I would challenge anybody to find such a view in London (we were on the 19th floor). Being from central London myself and having moved to suburbia several years ago, this is most certainly my preferred location whenever I come in to town, just a short walk to any destination, be this Knightsbridge or indeed theatre land.

As we were return visitors a fruit plate awaited us, as did a gold leaf dessert plate, along with a personalised note, which was a nice touch, as well as the standard water and other little extras one would expect. The executive lounge was well maintained and although we did not particularly use it on this stay, when we did pass by, everything that one would expect, ie., afternoon teas, early evening snacks etc., was well stocked. We did take the time to visit their bar on the 26th floor and you really do feel you have the world at your feet (at least London) - well worth a visit.

The reception staff were polite and courteous, as were all other staff we encountered. So satisfied were we with our stay, I am looking once again tonight at their website to book for our next trip.

Room Tip: Personally I do prefer to pay that little bit extra and book an executive room, which when you consi...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Madam,

I am so pleased to read about what an enjoyable experience you have had, not just on this most recent stay but on your previous stays as well. It is always a source of pride for us when a guest chooses the London Hilton on Park Lane as their official "home away from home", and I have been sure to advise everyone of your kind words.

Thank you very much once again, and we very much look forward to having you back with us whenever you are here in London.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Great views from room, staff very helpful and the rooms were clean. I forgot to bring my iPhone 5 charger and requested the concierge to borrow one. They did not have one, surprisingly, however was directed to the nearest Apple store to buy another one. The first room I was given had a very strong smell of drains/sewage and it was impossible to remain in the room for more than a few minutes, let alone slept with the strength of the odour and was therefore re-roomed.

The check-in staff member at reception was a credit to the hotel. Great location.

Room Tip: Request a room that over looks the park.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Festidious

Thank you very much for your recent review.

While I am pleased to read that your check-in process went smoothly, and that my colleagues were able to arrange an acceptable room for you in the end, I must apologise that the initial room was not satisfactory, and that an iPhone charger was not available for you at the Concierge desk.

I will certainly bring these matters up with the appropriate members of our team as a matter of priority. If you would please contact me at david.gerrard@hilton.com so that I may investigate this matter in more detail, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This hotel is right across the street from a beautiful park and just a few blocks from the Tube. We walked to the Tube and went cruising the town with ease. It's a beautiful part of the city surrounded by embassy sites and other grand hotels. Good breakfast - this was the case in every Hilton brand we visited in London.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kurt H

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your recent review.

I am very happy to read about how much you have enjoyed your stay here with us, and that our location was so well suited for your needs. A nice brisk walk in Hyde Park can be just the ticket when one wants to feel alive, and I am happy that our property allowed you such ease of access.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to having you back with us in the future.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I proposed to my girlfriend here on the 28th Floor. I informed the staff in advance of my plans and they made it extra special. Was given a lovely room on the 16th floor with amazing views overlooking London. Hilton haven't let me down yet.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fives55

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am delighted to hear that your visit was such a success, and that you were able to share such a special moment in your lives with us. It is very gratifying for me to read about your happy experience, and I thank you very much for thinking of us for this occasion.

We look forward to having you with us again in the future,

yours sincerely,