“Well worth it” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Well worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Not cheap, but then again what is in London. I only had one night in between flights. An old friend suggested this hotel as it was close for him after work and he said the restaurant was worth it. My bed was so comfortable I could have happily spend all day in it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank traveljuicety
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for your recent review.

I am very happy to read about your positive stay, and that the bed was so to your liking. Regardless of all amenities that a hotel can provide, for me a comfortable bed is easily one of if not the most important aspect of the stay, and I am so glad that you have had such a nice experience.

Thank you very much once again for your kind words, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.

London Hilton on Park Lane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (729)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
St Albans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Got a great deal for Friday night stay using Hilton points - arrived at 1100 in the morning so was expecting room to be not ready but Edvard extremely helpful and got us into fabulous room on 15th floor with views over Hyde Park and up towards Marble Arch and North London.
Massive bed and bathroom with usual Peter Thomas Roth toiletries.
Didn't spend much time in the hotel as full schedule - but breakfast on Saturday morning was super. We have stayed in some Hiltons where you just get a cold breakfast (extra for hot stuff) however not here. Everything, including cooked items from the kitchen all inclusive.
Check out was very efficient (Edvard on duty again !) And put luggage with concierge as we wandered around Hyde Park and the Serpentine for a couple of hours.
Green Park and Hyde Park Corner Underground stations very close (about 5 minutes walk) bus stops outside hotel and plenty of taxis lining up.
Would we stay here again ? Without a doubt.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Courtgazza
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your recent stay and review.

I am so pleased that you have had such a great stay with us here, and that the views and the location were so well suited for you.

You have singled out my colleague Edvard for special praise, and I will be sure to advise both him and his manager of your kind words.

Thank you ever so much once again, and I look forward to having you back with again in the future.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Usually when we're in London we go with someplace cheaper (and farther east), but my husband decided to go ahead and splurge this time. I'm glad that he was in charge, because I LOVED this hotel. We only had 2 days in London after a trip to Italy/Spain, so we didn't plan on doing a lot of sight seeing. We checked in and were told about the bar/restaurant at the top. Even though warned that children were not allowed in the bar section, they let our well-behaved daughter in (during the afternoon when it was slow) and the views were incredible. Even if you don't stay at this hotel I recommend a trip up for a drink, just to see.
We somehow got an executive room, and I think it was worth the upgrade. We ended up being offered free breakfast (a very nice spread), afternoon tea, and a cocktail hour with small snacks. Our room was small (this is London, after all) but comfortable, with perhaps the most comfy pillow I've ever had in a hotel room. We looked out over Hyde Park from the 19th floor - quite a sight. Service was top notch. This place is pricey, but if you want something special I can whole-heartedly recommend it.

Room Tip: Worth getting an executive upgrade. With the meals they offer, you could save yourself from having t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lulusmom
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent stay.

I am so pleased that your husband and yourself decided to induldge yourselves and stay with us here at the London Hilton on Park Lane, and that your experience was such a memorable one. I will be sure to let the team at Galvin's know that you have enjoyed their views and service so thoroughly while here. The next time you plan a visit here to London and plan to treat yourselves a bit, by all means think of us here at the London Hilton on Park Lane.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

This hotel's advantages are pretty obvious: its location at the bottom of Park Lane, backing onto Mayfair; and the fabulous views over Hyde Park and the West End from its upper floors. As for the hotel itself, I thought it was pretty good, but you'd expect it to be at the prices it charges.

The reception staff were very friendly and helpful and my room was nicely decorated with a great view, although not very large. However, the room had two drawbacks. First, there was a distinct smell of drains that seemed to pervade my room and the corridor outside on the 21st floor. Second, the bathroom included a walk-in shower that really wasn't big enough to warrant the lack of shower door; I found that it rapidly flooded half the bathroom!

Overall I found it to be perfectly pleasant, but still not a patch on the Hilton Group's top hotels in other major capital cities.

Room Tip: Higher floors have excellent views
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SixNineOne
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am pleased to see that your stay at our property was a pleasant one, and that our views and location were so suited to your purpose.

That being said, I am most concerned regarding your comments pertaining to the odor that you detected, and the bathroom shower facilities. If you would be so kind as to contact me at david.gerrard@hilton.com with your full name I will be happy to investigate this matter in greater detail, and will come back to you with a more complete response.

Thank you very much once again for your stay, and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

manchester (uk)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

CheckIn
The checkin process so quick and efficient and the service was good.

Room
We were upgraded to a suite (as i am a diamond memeber) and it had a good view of the park. The bedroom was ok nothing to exciting and the lounge was again ok. The usual hilton decor.

Executive Lounge
I used the lounge on a number of occations and each tim ethe staff were excellent. The food and drink was replenished just as fast as it had run out. The afternoon tea was a surprice and worth a visit 3pm to 5pm.

Bars
There are a number of bars but no lounge bar, so meeting for a drink with other memebers of the party was not as easy as it should have been.
The bar on the 26th floor was nice if you could actually get in as at the weekend there was no fast track entrance for guests and there was a sizable queue,(not what i would expect for this type of hotel).
Also the only bar in the lobby for a quick drink whilst afternon tea was being servered was in a bar which resembles a small narrow corridor with no ambience!

Checkout
easy and quick process

Taxis
They are freely available for outside the hotel and the staff will arrange one for you.

Room Tip: Request a high floor with a view of the park.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jason r
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am very pleased to read that all of your interactions with our staff, from the check-in to the Executive Lounge to the check-out, were to your satisfaction, particularly as you are one of our valued Diamond Hilton Honors guests.

That being said, I am sorry to read that your experience with our outlets was not to that same high standard. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate members of management for their further discussion and investigation.

Thank you very much once again for your constructive comments, and I look forward to having you back with us again in the future.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Great entrance lobby to enter and feel the London buzz. Friendly, efficient staff with warm greetings. Room 1102 has great London view with the very comfortable bed and linens. The shower was terrific and toiletries excellent. Location is perfect and bus service great if you want to see the real London. Roof terrace and Trader Vics great for special occasions, expensive but good experience and worthwhile for a special pampering..

Room Tip: try to get a room with a view and go to Shepherds market, five minute walk away. Breakfast served un...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ileana318
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very happy to read that you have had a memorable stay with us, and that you had a true London experience. As you say, Shepherd's Market out the back of the hotel is a pleasant little area with multiple points of interest. I am so glad that the location was so perfect for you, and that you were able to get all over London with the close proximity of our transport links.

Thank you very much once again for your feedback and I hope to have you with us again in the future.

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I'm no fan of large chain hotels, Hilton included, but we had a Guest Certificate for the Hilton Group so used it for a nights stay whiilst in London. We were impressed and had a great time at this hotel which is conveniently located on Park Lane. Check in was friendly and efficient and our room, on the 23rd floor had the most fantastic views across the city. The room itself was spacious and well equipped with all the usual 5 star chain hotel mod cons, a tad formulaic perhaps but the views made up for it. Staff throughout the hotel were friendly and slick despite the hotel being packed and there were lots of them on hand in the lobby waiting to assist in any way. The gourmet restaurant Galvin at Windows was also really good, it is located on the 28th floor so again affords tremendous views, as does the super sexy bar attached to it. We didn't sample breakfast or utilise any leisure facilities due to a packed itinerary but we certainly enjoyed all aspects of the hotel that we did use.

Room Tip: Higher floors I guess will afford the best views
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mrstraveller1
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am very happy to read that you were so impressed with your stay, and that our team and our location were so to your liking. I am particularly happy that you have been able to enjoy the views both from your room and from Galvin at Windows up on the 28th floor.

I am pleased that we were able to facilitate your packed itinerary, and I do look forward to having you with us again in the future.