“Great Views from the Rooms”

Ranked #346 of 1,081 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I'm no fan of large chain hotels, Hilton included, but we had a Guest Certificate for the Hilton Group so used it for a nights stay whiilst in London. We were impressed and had a great time at this hotel which is conveniently located on Park Lane. Check in was friendly and efficient and our room, on the 23rd floor had the most fantastic views across the city. The room itself was spacious and well equipped with all the usual 5 star chain hotel mod cons, a tad formulaic perhaps but the views made up for it. Staff throughout the hotel were friendly and slick despite the hotel being packed and there were lots of them on hand in the lobby waiting to assist in any way. The gourmet restaurant Galvin at Windows was also really good, it is located on the 28th floor so again affords tremendous views, as does the super sexy bar attached to it. We didn't sample breakfast or utilise any leisure facilities due to a packed itinerary but we certainly enjoyed all aspects of the hotel that we did use.

Room Tip: Higher floors I guess will afford the best views
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mrstraveller1
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am very happy to read that you were so impressed with your stay, and that our team and our location were so to your liking. I am particularly happy that you have been able to enjoy the views both from your room and from Galvin at Windows up on the 28th floor.

I am pleased that we were able to facilitate your packed itinerary, and I do look forward to having you with us again in the future.

London Hilton on Park Lane

Write a ReviewReviews (3,348)

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We booked two Executive rooms for a 2 night stay to enjoy the Winter Wonderland experience in Hyde Park opposite the hotel. What a fantastic experience - well done Boris and London - you did yourselves proud.

We have stayed at the hotel several times in the past and this stay was just as good as the others. Our (refurbished) rooms were on the 9th and 10th Floors and although slightly apprehensive at being allocated room 911, we couldn't fault the accommodation. Check-in was smooth although I was slightly narked by the refusal to put both reervations on my Hilton Honors card - particularly as both were booked by me on the same Visa card!

The lift system works brilliantly and even coped well with the peak rush for breakfast and checkout at 9.30 am.

The rooms are a decent size, the bed enormous and very comfortable and the bathroom nicely modernised. Surprised to find tea and coffee facilities in the room and a bit disappointed that dressing gowns are not provided at this level. Free bottled water provided each night but the prices charged for mini bar drinks are outrageous - who would pay £4.50 for a kitkat??? I wish that quality hotels would realise that they would sell far more if prices were more reasonable.

The only other point I would raise concerns the placing of the tea/coffee facilities and the glasses - why put them at floor level of the cabinets? Surely it wouldn't have proved too big a problem to provide easier access?

Despite the niggles, I have to say that for the overall expeirence and location, I would choose the Hilton on Park Lane every time I stay in London.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am so pleased that you were able to come and stay with us while enjoying Winter Wonderland in Hyde park.

It sounds as though your room and the service of our staff was to your satisfaction. That being said, I must apologise regarding the concerns you have raised regarding your Honors card, the minibar pricing, and the location of the tea and coffee facilities. I will forward your constructive comments to the appropriate members of management for them to follow up as a matter of priority.

Thank you very much once again for your kind words, and I look forwardto having you with us again in the future.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Recently stayed at the Hilton on Park Lane for the second time, and my only regret is that I could only stay for one night - I wish I could check in and stay a bit longer at this place, I love it!

My experience this time sums up all that I love about Hilton hotels and the HHonors loyalty scheme - I really feel like a valued guest. I managed to get a room here using the Money and Points rate, which was an absolute bargain for such a high-quality hotel.

I find the location really convenient - last time I stayed, I walked down to the hotel from Covent Garden/Leicester Square area. A fairly long walk, but pleasant enough to walk down Piccadilly. This time, I took the tube to Hyde Park Corner and the hotel is just a short walk from there - although I found the signposting around Hyde Park Corner station a bit poor, so might be best to check with station staff which exit is best for Park Lane. In the morning, I walked up to Oxford Street to do a spot of shopping - really pleasant on the crisp winter's morning I was there. There are plenty of buses or taxis outside for those who prefer not to walk.

I checked in late evening, and the check in experience was quick and efficient, although not friendly or welcoming, but that was forgotten once I'd arrived in my room - they gave me a fantastic room on the 21st floor with wonderful views across London. There is a sofa/bench on the window ledge so you can just sit there enjoying the views for a while - and I loved being able to hear Big Ben chiming out across London (the room was very quiet, and the chimes are only just audible, but I still love that sound!). The bathroom was excellent too - a bath and a separate walk-in shower which is lovely. I also liked the air conditioning controls, meaning it was easy to control to a temperature you feel comfortable with. The room was spotlessly clean and the bed superbly comfortable, I had a great night's sleep.

I had breakfast in the executive lounge - greeted with a warm welcome. The breakfast there is a limited selection, not a patch on the main Hilton breakfast, but still enjoyable. There was scrambled egg and bacon, plus a selection of cereals, cold items, pastries, etc. I left nicely satisfied, but I think in future I'll stick to the main restaurant as one of the best things about Hilton hotels are their breakfast buffets.

Check out was busy - had to wait for a couple of minutes as every clerk was busy when I got to the desk. The clerk apologised for the short wait, checked I'd enjoyed my stay and checked me out quickly and efficiently.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your recent stay.

I am so pleased that you have had such an enjoyable stay, and that our property has suited your needs so well. The cushioned window ledges are one of our most popular hidden features, and I know whenever I have occasion to stay in-house I end up spending quite some time sitting back and enjoying the view.

Thank you very much once again for your kind words, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Guest Services manager

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Fantastic stay at the Hilton; yet again you have wowed us with your high quality service!
Everything was perfect from start to finish. Our stay was made extra special by Stuart Burridge (Senior Manager), who couldn't do enough to make us feel welcomed and special on my husband's birthday celebration. Stuart is a credit to the Hilton Chain.
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am delighted to read about how enjoyable your stay was, and how Stuart at our front office went above and beyond to ensure that your husband's birthday was a special one.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the hotel overnight on Sat 27 Oct.

The service was impeccable and the room wonderful. The upgrade was unexpected and a real surprise. Genuine service, the staff really looked after us and went the extra mile.

Room Tip: Great staff, great location. Well worth it for a central London experience
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am so pleased to read that you have had such a wonderful stay here with us, and that our team went the extra mile to ensure that you were more than satisfied. Great to hear that you received a room upgrade, as well, and I am happy that our location was so to your liking as well.

Thank you very much once again, and I do look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

This was the second time i stayed here, the first time was with my parents in 1987. Excellent helpful staff, a very casual cafe in the lobby.Great sized rooms. Parking is available at reasonable rates (for London). Close to green park tube station.
About the location, its ideal, in the heart of London but away from all the mad rush. Over all very very good.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the park please, the higher the better which goes without saying
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am very happy to read that our location was so convenient for you, and that you have enjoyed this return visit after so many years.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed at the Park Lane Hilton for a few days and had a decent time there. The location is excellent, with rooms having tremendous views of downtown London or the Park nearby.
We did encounter an issue, as we were put in a room that had a tremendous view, but was next to the service elevator and therefore noisy. The staff moved us to a quiter room with a less luxurious view, but on the whole, the stay was a good one.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view and away from elevators.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KosMarkov

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you so much for your recent stay.

I am pleased to hear that our location was so to your liking, and that you did enjoy the view from the room.

I am very sorry to hear that the initial room provided did have an issue with service noise, but I am glad that our staff was able to find a more peaceful room for you, albeit with a lesser view.

Thank you very much once again for your kind and constructive words, and I do hope to have you with us again in the future.