“Enjoyable, but not terribly memorable”

Ranked #326 of 1,088 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hong Kong
“Enjoyable, but not terribly memorable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Posh and elegant, the hotel typified the neighbourhood it was located in. The rooms were thoughtfully decorated, clean and comfortable - if a little small. The staff were friendly and courteous, and choice of the restaurants/bars aplenty. Downsides included the location, and the doors being a little thin. A solid hotel, just nothing very memorable. Although value-wise it was what I expected, in the future I will probably want to try other London establishments to see how they compare.

+++:
Rooms: We were booked into the standard double room, which was adequately sized - enough space for luggage, shopping and miscellaneous shoes/clothing without feeling cluttered. The design of the room was clearly aimed at business people - simple, utilitarian and contemporary - but overall was quite tasteful. Bathroom was decently sized, with bathtub/shower combination. I believe it was the cheapest room they offered, but no complaints on my end.

Staff: Always courteous and professional. Check-in was a breeze, as the line moved briskly. Door-man and concierge were helpful with requests, and cleaning staff were friendly

---:
Location: The location was a bit of a walking distance from meaningful public transport, and mostly taxis were the order of the day. The closest tube stations were Hyde Park Corner and Green Park, both of which required a 10 minute walk or more.

Room: Doors seemed quite thin, despite being quite heavy. We were lucky in that we had a room at the end of the hallway, so noise disturbance was fairly minimal. But even so, in the mornings we could hear cleaning staff and other guests.

Wifi: No free wifi in rooms...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and constructive review.

I am happy to hear that you were so pleased with your room, and that all of your interactions with our staff were positive.

That being said, I am sorry to hear that the location was not overly to your liking. As you have mentioned, the closest underground stations are Hyde Park Corner and Green Park which have links to many of the more busy underground lines, however as you have said it is roughly a ten minute walk to either of these locations.

You have mentioned perhaps trying out other London properties next time, however when you do plan a return please do contact me at david.gerrard@hilton.com with any enquiries and I will be happy to assist you as a matter of priority.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to having you back with us in the future.

London Hilton on Park Lane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (740)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

This hotel has it all. Great staff, location, customer service and style.
Reception staff was very efficient and helpful.
I had a room on the 20th floor with amazing view.
Almost felt like I didn't want t leave the room at all... but just lay in bed and watch the lights of London.
Very clean, big and comfortable room. Great room service.
Coming back in few weeks again.
One of my favorite hotels in London from now on.

Room Tip: Views from higher floors are amazing.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent stay.

I am very happy to read that all elements of our hotel came together in such a pleasing fashion for you, and I am proud to hear that we are now one of your favorite London hotels.

Thank you very much once again, and we look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Hornchurch, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

We went to this hotel for a birthday treat for my wife, she had an indulgent spa treat in there Purity Spa, which she truly loved every minute of. I went to the Podium restaurant for a coffee and a danish and recieved a nice selection plate of 4 pastries and a very nice filter coffee.
The staff were very helpful and attentive to me as they knew I was waiting for the wife. would deffinatly go back and stay for a longer time

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am so pleased that you have visited us here at the London Hilton on Park Lane as a birthday treat for your wife, and that you have had an enjoyable time yourself in Podium while you waited.

We would be most happy to have you come back and stay with us for a longer time. Thank you so much for your review once again, and I do look forward to having you back with us in the future.

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed over the weekend with my brother for a school re-union.

Given an excellent room on the 15th floor with views to die for !

Reception staff gave us a great welcome and always very helpful !

The bar staff at the Trader Vic's Bar made it a very enjoyable finish to our stay. Thank you.

This has been one of my best Hotel stays with family in London to date !

Cannot fault this Hotel and its staff - 1st class !.

Room Tip: Ask if they have a room available on one of the top floors for the views !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am so pleased that your time at the London Hilton on Park Lane was both memorable and enjoyable. Going forward, please do contact myself or Eveline regarding any potential future stays, and we will be most happy to assist you.

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I had a long weekend (two nights) at this hotel using our Hilton points.

Good:
- Upgraded to an Executive room on the 19th floor overlooking Hyde Park
- Very nice room, comfortable, very clean, good facilities, great view
- All the staff were very helpful

Could be improved:
- Poor choice of restaurants - the very expensive and impossible to get into Galvin at Windows vs a Polynesian (why?) themed restaurant and a utilitarian looking ground floor restaurant with zero atmosphere.
- We fancied a drink before venturing out for a meal on Sunday night - they close the bar on Sundays!
- The Executive lounge for breakfast tried it once - we preferred Pret a Manger the net day!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AndyDR
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am pleased to read that you and your wife were able to enjoy a long weekend here with us, and that the upgraded Executive room was so to your liking. We pride ourselves on the quality of our service, and I am very happy that all staff were very helpful.

That being said, I am sorry to hear that you were not as fond of the restaurant options at the property, and that breakfast in our Executive lounge was not to your taste. I do hope that going forward you are able to enjoy a drink or a meal up at Galvin at Windows, and experience the views and atmosphere for yourself.

Thank you very much once again for your kind words, and I look forward to having you back with us again in the future.

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay.

I am very pleased to read that the location was so perfect for you, and that you enjoyed a room up on a higher floor. I do trust that you enjoyed your time out in Mayfair, and I am glad that you Whiskey Mist was to your liking.

Thank you very much once again for your review, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Greenwich, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

The location is perfect for Americans traveling for work to London. Shepherds Market right down the road for a pint after your meetings. Good club called Whiskey Mist if you want a late night out. And walking distance to Mayfair. The rooms are nicer on the high floors. More recently updated. There are always taxis available. Look, it is a Hilton. So it isn't unique or interesting. But it is perfect for what you want if you are there for work. Wouldn't go here on vacation though.

Room Tip: If you are a Diamond Hilton guy/girl, you will get upgraded to the exec floor, which is much nicer.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay.

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am so pleased that you have had the opportunity to stay at so many of London's high-end properties, and that with such expertise you have been so satisfied with your stay with us. It is great that we were able to find a room for you at 6am in the morning, and that the amenities in the hotel were so to your satisfaction.

That being said, I am most sorry to read about the noise that you have experienced from the service doors down at the end of the corridor. I have forwarded your feedback to the appropriate parties for their further discussion and rectification in the future.

Thank you very much once again for your kind words, and I look forward to having you with us again going forward.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have been to London a dozen times in the last 18 months. I have been fortunate enough to stay in many of the high end chains in the central London area. Until this week, the Intercontinental Park Lane was my favorite. The Hilton Park Lane tops my list now, ironically they are almost adjacent to each other.

I arrived at 6am from the airport, and only asked for a place to change into a suite and freshen up for a meeting. The staff noted my diamond status, upgraded my room to an executive king city view (room #2216), and found a room for me within 30 minutes. Again, I expected not to get into a room until at least 11am!

I found my room nicely appointed, yet typically small for the area. Modern amenities for electronics, plenty of outlets for your electronics (including some near the bedside - my pet peeve).

the bathroom is quiet small. no tub - but a large shower. The best part was the window overlooking the city. New flat screen and a desk (see photo's of 2216).

lobby staff was great. Breakfast in the lunge was a bit marginal, although the staff did a nice job clearing the tables.

the shoe-shine guy in the lobby is outstanding! the have a few restaurants to choose from although i only used one for a late dinner.

would have been 5-star (or circle) if only my room wasn't located at the end of the hall where there were swinging doors for the staff to push their service trollies in and out. beginning at 8 am, the doors would swing back and forth making an unnerving noise, akin to finger nails on a chalkboard. the head of my bed was at the end of the hallway in the room, which tended to funnel the sound straight at my head... Maybe the hotel should replace the bearings in the doors, or change to a tradition one. not sure but it costed me a few hours sleep...

i will book again, although will make sure to ask about the service doors at the end of the hall.

Room Tip: room 2216 had a great view, but very noisy due to service doors at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business