“Very Good Business Hotel”

Ranked #339 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The location is perfect for Americans traveling for work to London. Shepherds Market right down the road for a pint after your meetings. Good club called Whiskey Mist if you want a late night out. And walking distance to Mayfair. The rooms are nicer on the high floors. More recently updated. There are always taxis available. Look, it is a Hilton. So it isn't unique or interesting. But it is perfect for what you want if you are there for work. Wouldn't go here on vacation though.

Room Tip: If you are a Diamond Hilton guy/girl, you will get upgraded to the exec floor, which is much nicer.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay.

I am very pleased to read that the location was so perfect for you, and that you enjoyed a room up on a higher floor. I do trust that you enjoyed your time out in Mayfair, and I am glad that you Whiskey Mist was to your liking.

Thank you very much once again for your review, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am so pleased that you have had the opportunity to stay at so many of London's high-end properties, and that with such expertise you have been so satisfied with your stay with us. It is great that we were able to find a room for you at 6am in the morning, and that the amenities in the hotel were so to your satisfaction.

That being said, I am most sorry to read about the noise that you have experienced from the service doors down at the end of the corridor. I have forwarded your feedback to the appropriate parties for their further discussion and rectification in the future.

Thank you very much once again for your kind words, and I look forward to having you with us again going forward.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have been to London a dozen times in the last 18 months. I have been fortunate enough to stay in many of the high end chains in the central London area. Until this week, the Intercontinental Park Lane was my favorite. The Hilton Park Lane tops my list now, ironically they are almost adjacent to each other.

I arrived at 6am from the airport, and only asked for a place to change into a suite and freshen up for a meeting. The staff noted my diamond status, upgraded my room to an executive king city view (room #2216), and found a room for me within 30 minutes. Again, I expected not to get into a room until at least 11am!

I found my room nicely appointed, yet typically small for the area. Modern amenities for electronics, plenty of outlets for your electronics (including some near the bedside - my pet peeve).

the bathroom is quiet small. no tub - but a large shower. The best part was the window overlooking the city. New flat screen and a desk (see photo's of 2216).

lobby staff was great. Breakfast in the lunge was a bit marginal, although the staff did a nice job clearing the tables.

the shoe-shine guy in the lobby is outstanding! the have a few restaurants to choose from although i only used one for a late dinner.

would have been 5-star (or circle) if only my room wasn't located at the end of the hall where there were swinging doors for the staff to push their service trollies in and out. beginning at 8 am, the doors would swing back and forth making an unnerving noise, akin to finger nails on a chalkboard. the head of my bed was at the end of the hallway in the room, which tended to funnel the sound straight at my head... Maybe the hotel should replace the bearings in the doors, or change to a tradition one. not sure but it costed me a few hours sleep...

i will book again, although will make sure to ask about the service doors at the end of the hall.

Room Tip: room 2216 had a great view, but very noisy due to service doors at the end of the hall.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We often come to London on business and pleasure trips. We decided to try the Hilton on Park lane but were very disappointed. Our room was on the 14th floor with a broad view over London but the window fittings were not suitable for the wind. The room was freezing!!! So I tried to warm up by having a nice hot bath but the water was just luke warm. I was told to allow the water to run but after 10 minutes decided it was a real waste of water! I decided to go the Spa and found the steam bath out of order and the whole changing room disgracefully filthy. The shower booths had old empty bottles of shampoo and used towels thrown everywhere. The staff were all polite but could not make things better.
I do not recommend this hotel. Last but not least, the cost to be connected to the wi-fi is 20 pounds a day!!! So I went to have a coffee in Starbuck, where the wi-fi is free, and wrote all my e mails from there. Only upon departure I was told that the internet is free in the lobby. I know that still today, some 5 star hotels charge for internet connection. I don't agree with this policy, especially since we all know it is not a cost for the hotel.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Natasha L

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent stay.

I am terribly sorry that you have had such a stay here with us at the London Hilton on Park Lane, and that we allowed you to depart disappointed.

I did e-mail you regarding the situations described in your review on the date of your departure, and I am confident that we will reach a positive solution together. Just in case there has been an issue with your receipt of my e-mail, you can write to me at david.gerrard@hilton.com, and I will be happy to discuss these matters with you further.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

My wife and I visited London for five days in late October 2012 from Boston. I am a very frequent Hilton quest and we stayed at the Park Lane Hilton on points. We've been to London five times and this was our first stay at the Park Lane Hilton. This is a very nice hotel. Centrally located. The Windows restaurant on the roof is very nice and I have a separate review for it. My primary memory of this hotel was a) the really cool elevator controls and b) my trip to the front desk every day to fix a credit card problem and c) the toilet paper dispenser. I travel a lot. I have never been to the front desk every day to provide my credit card over and over again. I do not understand, nor did the front desk staff, why I had to continuously reauthorize my card. This shouldn't be the dominate memory of this hotel. As for the toilet paper dispenser, this fixture should never be mentioned in a hotel review. The toilet paper dispenser was mounted on the wall next to the toilet in such a manner as to poke the occupant in the thigh. My wife and I are not big people, but we both thought it was way to close so I had it removed by a nice guy from maintenance who said it was common for people to complain about this fixture. How can they refurbish an entire hotel and put the toilet paper fixture that close to the toilet? As I said, this term should never appear in a hotel review - but it does. So be prepared to request they remove the toilet paper fixture for you comfort and don't be embarrassed doing it because you won't be the first.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your recent stay.

While I am very pleased to read your coments regarding our location and our rooftop restaurant, I must apologise regarding the matters of the credit card issue and the toilet paper dispenser. As you have mentioned, these should not be your dominant memories when you have had a stay with us, and I am very sorry that they have had this negative impact on your stay.

I do hope that these matters aside that you were able to have a positive overall stay here with us. Thank you very much once again for your constructive review, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Just got back from a 6 day business/pleasure trip to London and thoroughly enjoyed the Park Lane Hilton. The staff was kind and attentive, rooms were stunningly clean and luxurious, location was outstanding and the breakfast was perfect. I would absolutely stay here again. Strongly recommend a park view and the breakfast package (the bfast every morning was amazing - dozens of items to choose from in the buffet or you could order omelets, pancakes, waffles...from the kitchen). Having stayed at the Savoy and other fancy London places, I thought this hotel was absolutely on par but *much* more reasonable in terms of pricing. The location was extremely convenient, close to the tube and major tourist attractions. Could also walk over to the park every morning for a bike ride. Thanks for making our stay perfect!

Room Tip: Ask for a park view!

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am so pleased to read that you have had such an enjoyable six day retreat here with us. It sounds like the breakfast, the location, and the room were all very much to your liking, and the bike rides in the park must have been lovely.

Thank you very much once again for your kind words, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed at our favourite hotel in London again for the eighth year in a row - slight hiccup last year as they could only fit us in for one night - but 4 nights this time. Quick and easy check-in (although our booking is a difficult one), excellent room on 15th floor. Good service throughout the stay - they managed to take my wife's nightdress away withe the laundry but gave her the money to go and get a new one. Everything you would expect from a 5* hotel. Breakfast is not to be missed - best we have had anywhere! Quick, clean check-out, luggage taken care of and taxi waiting for us. Worth the extra for everything they provide. Can't be faulted on anything.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you very much for your recent stay.

I am pleased to hear that you have had such an excellent stay with us on this occasion. While I must apologise for our only being able to accommodate you for night last year, and that your wife's nightdress was taken way and had to be replaced, I am pleased that you have had an enjoyable visit on the whole. I have forwarded your kind words regarding the breakfast to the team in the kitchen, and they are very opleased that you have enjoyed everything so much.

Thank you very much once again, and i look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

From the moment we walked in, we were impressed. It's not a cheap hotel but the added extras definately make up for it. The staff at Reception were extremely helpful and we did not have to wait in a queue like you do at some hotels. We had a suite which was full of creature comforts and well maintained. The view from our room over London was beautiful at night. We had dinner on the top floor and again the staff were so attentive that they even offered me a pashmina when they realised I was cold from sitting underneath the air conditioning. The food was fabulous and although the dishes were small, they were plentiful. I would definately recommend a romantic stay at this hotel and as it has everything within its premises, you don't even need to leave the hotel if you don't want to.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am so pleased to read that you have such an enjoyable stay here with us. It sounds like both Galvin at Windows up on the top floor and your suite itself were very much what you were hoping for, and I am very glad that you have been able to find everything you have wanted under our roof.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to having you with us in the future.