“Great Views - Wonderful Location”

Ranked #347 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 10, 2012

If you are coming from Heathrow and want to avoid an expensive cab ride to your hotel - this place is great as its right near the Hyde Park station and there is a direct line from the airport. Its worth looking into. Second, if you are able get a room on one of hte higher floors, you will have lovely views. We had a room on the 16th floor and had the best view of the city -- at night it was just lovely! Overall, the hotel is in walking distance of Picadilly, Buckingham, Hyde Park, and the tube station. We didnt use a cab once during our 4 day stay. The restaurants also looked really nice, although we didnt get a chance to try them.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

As you mention, you can take the tube straight from Heathrow airport to Hyde Park Corner, and from there it is only a five to ten minute walk to the hotel.

I am so pleased that the view you received of the city was so lovely, and that our location was such that you didn't need to use a cab once during your stay.

It's too bad that you didn't get to enjoy our restaurants on this stay, but there's always next time.

Thank you so much again for your review, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.

London Hilton on Park Lane

Write a ReviewReviews (3,324)

Reviewed October 10, 2012

All the staff we encountered were friendly and efficient.
The room was clean and the view was fantastic.The breakfast was very good.Unfortunately we were only there one night this time.Ideal location and we wouldn't stay anywhere else in London now.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your recent stay and review.

I am so pleased to read that the room, the view, the breakfast, and the location of the property were so to your liking. It is fantastic to hear that when you visit London, we will be your hotel of choice.

Thank you so much for your positive comments, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel turned out to be awesome. The rooms are big for Europe. The housekeeping service was on top of things. Very clean, turn down service was nice. The hotel is clean, neat, nicely kept and updated. The staff was super helpful. The concierge were very nice and once when our tour was late he called them a second time without us asking and then came to give us an update. The location is also really nice. Walking to Piccadilly and even closer Shepared Market just steps away, cute places to eat. For breakfast try Piccalos Bar (not a real bar but a deli) great food and staff.

1  Thank VKJHawaii

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your positive review.

I am very happy to read that the room was so to your liking, and that the concierge staff did everything they could to make you feel comfortable while waiting for your delayed tour.

As you mention, Shepherd's Market has some fantastic restaurants and delis right in our own back yard, and the Piccolo Bar serves some of the best sandwiches I've ever eaten.

Thank you very much once again for your kind words, and I hope to have you with us again in the future.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Excellent service once we got passed the doorman! Sebastian at the front desk was exceptional and I have since booked three more nights when we return next week. Family friendly for our 8year old son, exceptional exec lounge, close to Hyde Park Corner Tube, which we took directly from Heathrow. I'm not sure the Waldorf can exceed this hotel in service but stay tuned!

We were so thankful that we were able to check in early from an exhausting flight and were giving the choice to take an upgraded room on a lower floor now or wait for our original room on a higher floor with a view. We appreciated the choice and didn't mind the lack of a view to get in early. The location is walking distance to Buckingham Palace, shopping, just down the block from the Hard Rock Cafe and even a shoe cobbler if your shoe breaks (like mine does)!

No swimming pool for the little guy but afternoon tea makes up for it at the lounge.

We selected this over the other Hiltons in London based on Trip Advisor reviews and are very happy with the choice.

We chose this Hilton over all the others in London thanks to Trip Advisor reviews and are very glad we took the time to do so!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ThreeDotsGo

Than you so much for your recent review.

I am so pleased to read about your fantastic stay here at the London Hilton on Park Lane. It is wonderful to hear about the level of service that Sebastian at the front desk has provided to you, and clearly provided you with the type of welcome that you should expect here with us. I am happy to see that you were able to check in early, and that the location was so perfect for all of your London needs.

Thank you very much once again for your kind words, and I do trust that your return visit was equally as enjoyable.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We decided to splash out for the night at the Hilton on Park Lane and it was well worth it. The room (on the 17th floor) was well appointed, pristine, comfortable and had a spectacular view of the centre of London. The service was polished, warm and welcoming and the central location simply cannot be beat. In full disclosure we did not need the services of the concierge or experience the bar/restaurant however if they meet the standard set by the hotel, I feel confident they would not disappoint. Overall the London Park Lane deserves top marks!

Room Tip: Try to secure an upper floor room if possible and determine in advance if you want a view of the par...

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am delighted to read about how the total package of the hotel came together for you, with the room, service and location all being much to your satisfaction. It is fantastic to read that the splash-out was worth it, and I do hope to have you with us again in the future.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was given a room with probably the worst view in the hotel. From the bed I could not even see the window (it was around a small corner - don't ask me why they have this corner in the first place). On my first day, my room was not cleaned. On the second, when I wanted to extend my stay for one more night, they told me that since I did my booking through an agency they could not extend it. Note that this was Sunday and there was no way I could do it through an agency, so they simply took advantage of me charging a ridiculously high rate (GBP 300 per night). And then the guy at the reception asked me if I wanted to add breakfast for additional GBP 30!!! So for GBP 300 I did not even get a f..ing breakfast! I felt terrible to be taken advantage of... when checking out, the girl at the reception asked me how my stay was. When I replied it was not good, she simply said "hope it will be better next time"... I doubt I will give them the second chance...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ookuneva

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your review.

I must sincerely apologise for what was clearly not the experience that you had hoped for during your recent stay. I am very sorry that you did not receive a turn-down service on your first day, and that the response you received at check-out was not as empathetic as it should have been.

Regarding the rate on the extension, the hotel prices work in a similar way to airline and train ticket prices. When booking ahead a fantastic deal is much more likely to be available than on the day before the room is required, which would explain the increase in rate for the second evening. I do apologise if this was not made more clear on the evening of.

Thank you very much again for your review, and I do hope that the points raised aside you were still able to have an enjoyable visit to London.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Had a pleasant stay but the hotel is a bit run down. For these kind of rates you can stay at much nicer hotels in London. The roof bar is quite nice but the staff might let you down with a few ridiculous requests like not being allowed to take your jacket to your table and having to hang it in some mysterious room. The hotel didn't really have a pleasant smell in the corridors. The reason for our stay was a wedding in the hotel. The food was excellent and the whole night was perfect. The price we were given as wedding guests was higher than the rate we ended up booking independently from the hotel website.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Charalambosh

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your constructive review.

I am pleased that you have had a pleasant stay with us, and most of all that the wedding night held at the hotel was such a success.

You are correct in saying that Galvin at Windows do require their guests to hang their coats in the cloakroom, rather than wear them at the table.

I have mentioned your comments about the odor in the corridors to our Housekeeping department. The corridors are cleaned on a regular basis, however I must apologise if there was any sort of smell that was not to your liking in any area of the hotel.

Thank you very much for your review, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.