We spent two nights at the Hilton over the Queen's Jubilee weekend. This hotel is very conveniently situated just a minute's walk from Hyde Park underground station, close to Buckingham Palace, Oxford Street shops, and other West End attractions. We stayed in an Executive room 22nd floor which was well worth the extra, for free (substantial) breakfast/afternoon tea and early evening snacks and drinks as well as free wifi in the executive lounge and providing fantastic views over Hyde Park, London panorama and northward as far as Wembley Stadium and Harrow.
We received a warm and friendly welcome at the front desk and quick check in. The room was recently refurbished with an extremely comfortable king size bed, work space with desk and chair and an additional comfortable arm chair. The long window area has an extensive padded seat on which one can sit and enjoy the magnificent views. There is a fully stocked bar fridge at usual hotel prices but useful if required. Kettle for instant coffee or tea which is provided free of charge. A proper coffee machine would have been expected for a hotel of this class but just a small point.
Bathroom is spacious and more than adequate with large shower and bath but just one basin.
We used room service on one occasion for a light lunch and this was very efficiently provided with prompt friendly service. Food of a high standard and tasty but expensive as you would expect from a 5 star London hotel.
We had a mixture of hot and cold weather over the weekend and the room's air conditioning was perfectly adjustable to our requirements. Unusually for hotels these days, the windows can be opened about 15 cm so you can get get some fresh air too!
Check out is quick and easy by signing your bill and dropping it in a mail box on leaving without needing to stand in line.
Not to be missed nearby: Apsley House, virtually outside the hotel, on Hyde Park Corner, home of the Duke of Wellington. Fantastic display of art and history and well worth a visit.
Dinner or lunch : Try Trader Vic's Restaurant in the Hotel for a tropical food experience. We thoroughly enjoyed it . Try the cocktails!
Overall experience, a great centrally situated London hotel . Expensive, but good value for a 5 star central London hotel. Negatives, well it does not have a swimming pool which would have been nice for relaxing in between our sightseeing outings. Nevertheless we would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Mayfair, the London Hilton on Park Lane is close to all that London has to offer, whether it's musicals and theatres or world famous landmarks. Soaring high above the city streets, the hotel is famed for its unparalleled five star luxury. With 453 spacious guest rooms, including 56 suites, there is something to suit every taste. Meanwhile, the five bars and restaurants remain destinations in themselves, offering something for every taste, including our Michelin-starred restaurant Galvin at Windows and trendy nightclub Whisky Mist at Zeta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your London Hilton on Park Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- London Hilton On Park Lane Hotel London
- Hilton Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- Hilton London
- Hilton Park Lane
- London Hilton On Park Lane England