The Mercure at London Paddington is in a fantastic and convenient location for travellers from the South West. 100 metres from Paddington station it takes no time at all to get there, and on check out day you can leave your bag there and know you'll be ready to catch your train in two minutes.
The rooms are on the small side, and there is only one lift serving the hotel. For a business trip and only one person, this isn't a problem. It would have been more than cosy for two. That said they are very clean, and the showers are excellent. Wifi is complimentary (Hilton take note), which is great. Had I not had meetings in the afternoon after arrival I would have easily been able to work there.
Staff are friendly and helpful. I had complimentary bottles of water, great for carrying around, dressing gowns are provided (again, Hilton take note), and I also had ear plugs in case the sounds of the city weren't to my liking.
Minor gripes - shower gel and toiletries are there, but only 'conditioning shampoo' rather than the better separate shampoo and conditioner, and the hair dryer is one of those horrid ones with little power, that you're expected to use in a steamed up bathroom (again not ideal for two), and keeping your thumb on the button at all times. A bit too much late night corridor noise too.
Breakfast is served at Garfunkel's where you can choose from the a la carte menu, which makes a welcome change from fried buffets. What is good is that when you're out in the evening you have a chocolate mint left on your bedside cabinet, and when I stayed last summer the air conditioning was set so that it was comfortable for sleeping.
My third or fourth stay, so good enough for a return visit, and often reasonably priced for London.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Hotel Paddington is perfectly situated for anyone visiting London for business or pleasure. Only being a few strides from the Heathrow Express at Paddington Station and 3 London Underground lines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercure London Paddington Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn London
- Quality Crown Hotel Paddington
- Quality Crown London
- Mercure London Paddington Hotel England