“Stopover”

Mercure London Paddington Hotel
Ranked #498 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Covenient for Paddington Station (our main reason for choosing it) and surprisingly quiet considering the hubub in the very busy adjacent streets. Staff are helpful and friendly, and with the offer we had, it was good value. Breakfast was also very adaquate.

1  Thank Mike G
Linforth, General Manager at Mercure London Paddington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your recent review and we were pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and our location.

We do look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

kind regards

Reviewed January 4, 2013

This hotel is fantastic for many reasons and highly recommend it. First of all it was close to Paddington station. This is a new 4 star hotel in the centre of London. It's luxurious and comfortable, there's a gym, free wi-fi connection, modern conference facilities. The staff was really friendly and helpful, especially gorgeous girls Inna and Carolina. Also it was so convenient, cause there are lots of restaurants, pubs nearby and it was close distance to walk to Oxford street. The only one little thing as a swimming pool I will advice to organize there and then It will be just a fabulous place for reasonable price! Many thanks for my friends for that recommendations, I have been really satisfied!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Linforth, General Manager at Mercure London Paddington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Guests,

We just wanted to say a massive thank you for your kind review. I have passed on your comments to our staff, who all wish you well and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I found this hotel on a hotel booking website. It is a stone's throw from Paddington Station which was ideal for me. I booked this one because the price was good for the area and quality. The single room I had was as expected for the area - economic on space but not too small! I stayed again shortly afterwards and a very consistent standard.

On my third potential visit, the price had risen to a level that I thought was too much for what I was getting so went elsewhere. This is my hotel of choice for the area but will keep an eye on price with each booking.

One odd thing was the amount of admin and paperwork on check in. Most hotels simply swipe my credit card and I am done. This one was quite old fashioned, photocopying and form filling. This does not bother me but seemed a bit inefficient.

Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank SteveNewbury

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review and comments on the hotel.

We do hope that you consider using our hotel again next time you are visiting London.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I missed my flight to Luxembourg and found this nice hotel to stay for 1 night. Location couldn't be better as it is close to Heathrow, only 15 mins by train. Had double room, which was a little small but this is the standard in London. All in all, reception staff Basem and Caroline made my stay wonderful. They were efficient and thoughtful providing me with all information I wanted. If I have opportunity to visit London, I will stay at Mercure Paddington again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guests,

We do look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

kind regards

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed at this nice hotel and everything went very well except the front office reception staff who seemed to want to argue with everyone . Firstly they took a preauthority on my credit card two days before I arrived. Yes the rooms were guaranteed but that is most unusual for a hotel to charge your card before arrival . When questioned the receptionist said "tell someone who cares ". Amazing for an international group of the standing of Accor . The front office manager called me to appologise which I accepted however the same thing happenned with another front office staff member on our departure . At one stage according to my bank they had preauthorised three amounts and none were released for 6 days. The second receptionist stated they used to be with Choice hotels and that was they way they did it . Sorry your flagged Accor Mercure now and guests expect better.
Everything else was good but this is a great example of how procedures can go wrong when companies or franchisees become over zealous with cash flow . No show means 6pm on the day of arrival not 3 days before . By charging guests cards this way it simply blocks guest ability to comfortably control their expenses and think what would happen if every hotel car company airline did the same and held it for an average of 6 days

I will choose somewhere different that doesn't p[lay with my credit card Marriott don't

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rogerperthaustralia
Linforth, General Manager at Mercure London Paddington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your recent review and I understand our front office manager did speak with you regarding your issues. Please again accept our apology that our receptionist got a little upset and emotional during the heated conversation you had with her over your credit card being pre authorized for your accommodation charges. Unfortunately in the world we have at the present time all security procedures must be followed to ensure we do not inadvertently have a fraudulent card used. It is a standard practice of many hotels both here in the UK and abroad to pre authorise for your accomodation charges prior checkout.