“Nice hotel, good location”

Kingsway Hall Hotel
Ranked #248 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for business as I was attending a conference the next day.

Check in was quick and easy although I wasn't offered any assistance to my room. The room iteself was nice, clean and comfortable. The walls are particuarly thin though and there was quite a lot of noise that could be heard from the hallway and neighbouring rooms.

The food in the hotel was lovely and on the evening I checked in the staff couldn't have been better.

However at check out I wasn't impressed by the individual that served me. My work had booked the room and it is usual that this is paid in full by them. When I queried my bill as I thought the room had already been paid, rather than handle this professionally the girl got quite accusatory and insinuated that I was trying to skip paying my bill. After I had called and confirmed with my secretary that the hotel had only used the company credit card to hold the room I was happy to pay and arrange to expense this later. The girl smirked and stayed like that until I left to attend the seminar.

With so many other nice hotels in London I don't think I would stay here again for business unless there was a conference I was attending.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Andrew H, General Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Scotrocker,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following you recent stay and I am very pleased that you enjoyed many aspects of the hotel and the service provided by the evening service staff in particular. Your feedback regarding the check in experience and the noise issue has been forwarded to the departmental managers who will address the matters you raise.

I do hope that you will re-visit in the future and I would be delighted to assist you with a future reservation or take any further feedback regarding your last stay. Your comments are valuable and will be used to improve standards of service going forward.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I took my 10yr old granddaughter to London or a week from the 17th June to the 23 June. After some extensive research mainly through Trip advisor I picked this hotel due to its location transport links and proximity to theaters,as we had booked to see Charlie an the Chocolate factory and Matilda. 10 min walk to south Bank, Leicester Sq, Oxford St, Covent Garden and Hop on Hop off bus route. Hotel was great, beds very comfy and felt safe at all times even when coming back from the theater at 10:30pm. Will definetly stay again!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Browne62

Dear Browne62

Thank you for posting such a positive review following your recent stay and I have shared your comments with the hotel team who were delighted to read your kind words. I do hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Kingsway Hall when you are next in London.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Comedy Club really exceeded my expectations. I was dragged along by my son. If like me you have the idea of a comedy club as being in a small grubby pub think again. The show is inside a lovely hotel. The food on the menu was reasonably priced and tasted great. Most importantly the featured comedians were all really funny. I haven't laughed that much in years. All in all it was a great experience. I look forward to seeing another show soon!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Andrew H, General Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Saskia K,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review about the hotel and its services, which I have shared with the team. The feedback is very valuable and I know the hotel team will be delighted to read your comments.

I do hope that will stay with us again and please do contact me directly when I will be delighted to assist you with a reservation.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Booked this for a shopping weekend and it's in perfect walking distance of Covent Garden and theatres. Smooth check in, large clean room on the fifth floor at the front of the hotel, nice decor and bathroom and tasty buffet style breakfast. mezzanine bar nice too, though £7.50 for a single ginand tonic a tad steep. all in all if we could get a good deal I would go back. We did go to the 'Comedy club' within the hotel which let's it down - see separate review.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear rosebudBridlington

Thank you for staying at Kingsway Hall and taking the time to leave feedback. It is good to read that your enjoyed the hotels facilities and found the location to be very convenient. I have shared your comments with the hotel team and they will be pleased to read your comments. The bar drinks are competitively priced for the hotels location and I have also noted your thoughts on the comedy night which is under review at the present time.

I do hope that you would return to Kingsway Hall in the future and if I can assist you with a reservation please contact me directly.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Well located close to the Aldwych.
Good underground and bus services are very close.
Breakfast is expensive (about £18) but the convenience store opposite sells orange juice and bananas! The room was OK but a bit noisy facing the main street.
The restaurant does a 2-course evening meal targeted at theatre-goers, which is quick and very good value at £12.60 for residents. But watch your bill -- the "small" glass of wine became a large one and had to be corrected. I wasn't convinced by the apology.

Room Tip: Facing the Queensway is noisy
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Andrew H, General Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear IanTheTraveller

Thank you for posting a review after your stay recently at the KIngsway Hall Hotel and I have passed on your feedback to the management team. Your comments are valuable and are gratefully received. They will be used to improve service levels and provide a basis for training and development for the teams involved.

The hotel breakfast is priced at £15.95 and is available at check in at £12 and offers a really wide range of dishes both hot and cold and is a really great way to start a busy day. I hope that if you stay again you would try the service. The food and beverage manager has briefed the team regarding wine glass orders so that your experience is not repeated.

I hope that you will re-visit again in the future and I would be delighted to assist you with a reservation. Please contact me at the hotel and I truly look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards and thank you for using Tripadvisor.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Hotel location is perfect. Just a very short walk to Covent Garden on the left and a few steps to Holborn on the right.
Classic style Hotel. Nice and clean.
But walls are made of paper. Neighbor complained that my TV set was too loud. I don't believe that and volume was on not more than 15% of the maximum leve according to the chart. Additionally, foreign channels are at additional charge and absolutely not user friendly to operate.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Andy W

Dear Andy W,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us at the Kingsway Hall Hotel recently. I am pleased that you enjoyed many aspects of the hotels services and facilities.

I have shared all your comments with the team and the Head Housekeeper will investigate the matters you raise in order to prevent a similar experience going forward. The hotel team pride itself on repsonding positively to all the feedback that is given and your remarks will help us improve service levels in the future.

I do hope that you will consider staying with us again and if I can assist you please do contact me directly.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Have just had a great couple of nights staying in the Kingsway Hall. The location is perfect which is always a bonus, however the service and room were also fabulous. Checkin was smooth and swift, and every assistance was offered to us. The room size was absolutely fine, not in the least bit cramped and we were able to regulate the temperature easily. My sister found the pillows too hard on first night, and within minutes of calling housekeeping the next morning a soft feather pillow was provided, just one example of efficiency and speed of response. Really very surprised and impressed, I will be sure to come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Andrew H, General Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Bananafish25

Thank you for the review and what a great Tripadvisor name too !

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that the service you received allowed you to write such a positive review. The hotel team, including housekeeping in particular, will be very proud to know that you enjoyed your visit and that you will hopefully re-visit us again in the future.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Kingsway Hall.