“Simply - No!”

Ranked #250 of 1,088 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Simply - No!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I only was in the restaurant - food was less than average, portion sizes tiny, prices were triple the real value. Not to mention the waiting time - around 40 minutes for each course (with over half empty restaurant).

At the end I left without even having part of my prepaid and pre-booked dinner as I simply couldn't wait any longer (it was a meal before a show).

I definitely would not bother with the restaurant in this place again. Oh, did I mention that the table cloth had 2 large stains?

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank velvet_strawberry
Francesco P, General Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear velvet_strawberry,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

I am disappointed to learn that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations as this is not indicative of our high standards for which we always strive.
I would like to discuss this in more detail so that the appropriate action can be taken and would be grateful if you could contact me direct; however, if time does not allow I will understand.

I trust this meets your approval and look forward to hearing from you.

Francesco Palminteri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

The main attraction was the location and this does not dissapoint, it is a great location. The staff were very friendly and everything worked as a 4 star hotel should and price was reasonable on our visit. The look from the outside suggests a much grander hotel, but our room was very nice and a reasonable size. My only complaints are it is very noisy due to the nightclub next door with continued noise until 3am with arrivals and leavers from the club and in addition the bed was the most uncomfortable I have experienced. (apart from the beds you get in cheap hotels in Spain) Otherwise it was a great stay and I enjoyed it. Room service was very good and also reasonably priced.

Dear Gary P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.co.uk.
We were delighted to learn that most of your expectations were met, and I shall personally ensure that your kind comments are passed onto all those concerned.

I was of course a little disappointed to learn of the noise from outside the hotel and that our beds did not meet your expectations. Covent Garden is a very vibrant and buzzing area at this time of the year and our mattresses have been designed taking into account the vast majority of our guests' needs; with this in mind, I sincerely hope these will not deter you from returning.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future and in the meantime, if we may assist further, please do not hesitate to contact us direct.

Winchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

This was a special treat for my daughters 13th birthday with her friend, myself and elder daughter.

Firstly the waitress hardly spoke any English and got our order wrong at least three times. I booked via the Internet so was meant to receive a 50% discount but on asking the manager he said and I quote - you have paid so I cannot refund you. The sandwiches were lovely but the cake selection poor - overall was incredibly disappointed as felt I was a foreigner in my own country and that I was an inconvenience. We should of received all the cakes but only got a selection of four.

Plus the toilets were not that clean. Is this the standard for central London - I suppose it is!!!!

Room Tip: You do not need to speak English - they will not understand you anyhow!!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Caroline1999
Francesco P, General Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Caroline1999,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.co.uk
I was sorry to read that certain aspects of our Afternoon tea did not meet your expectations, and would be grateful if you could contact me directly to discuss this in more detail as it will allow me to take the appropriate action, but if time does not allow, I shall understand.

I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Harlow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

Wonderful, friendly, clean. An oasis in the middle of London. Directions from Holborn tube were spot on and our walk into the middle of the West End an easy 15 minutes with Covent Garden on route. No noise at night from the Christmas celebrations or road outside, room temperature and bed comfortable, bathroom very attractive. Breakfast was lovely in a bright dining area, we will try to fit in dinner next time we stay in this lovely hotel. Great price, worth every £!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Francesco P, General Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Anita C,

Many thanks for the lovely review.
I was delighted to learn that you had a lovely time while staying with us and we do hope to welcome you back soon!

Francesco

Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

One of the best Hotels I have stayed in, in London. Friendly, helpful staff from the reception to the concierge to the waiters. They were all lovely and couldn't have been nicer. The room exceeded my expectations and I honestly couldn't fault it. It was clean, comfortable, quiet and tastefully furnished. Had a very good nights sleep just one small thing the pillows were a bit on the hard side for me? We ate at the hotel in the evening and it was excellent and very reasonable as guests got 50% off the a la carte menu. Breakfast was very good as well with free morning papers. The Hotel is an easy 4 minute walk from Covent Garden and close to the main theatres. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: My friens and I stayed on the 7th floor they were at the side and I was at the back, if that helps
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Francesco P, General Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Jennygib,

Many thanks for the lovely review. Glad to see that all your expectations were met and that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Letchworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed Sunday and Monday night, hotel in fab location, best tube Holburn. Booked standard twin room - a little on the small side but all you need from a room. Very good location for Covent Garden. Staff very helpful and polite. Would highly recommend and will revisit next year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Francesco P, General Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Julia s,

Great to hear you had a lovely time with us and in London...a good excuse to do it all over again!
Look forward to welcoming you back...

belfast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

Just back from a two night weekend stay in this hotel. We were upgraded to a deluxe room all you would want in a hotel room - Adequate size - well decorated - cosy and an amazingly comfortable bed. Brekafast was ok restaraunt a bit soulless, bar had no atmosphere at all.
Would certainly return as the location was excellent a few minutes walk to Covent Garden and shops/sainsbury closeby.

Dear seec,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.co.uk.
We sincerely hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future and in the meantime, if we may assist further, please do not hesitate to contact us direct.