“GREAT HOTEL IN IDEA POSITION!!!!”

Kingsway Hall Hotel
Ranked #248 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Booked this hotel for two nights at the last minute and was not disappointed. The position was great everything on your doorstep, staff all were lovely and very helpful and polite to us. We had booked a double and was upgraded to a queen room , we had breakfast which while was dear at £16.00 each plus an extra £4.79 service charge to eat in was very nice, and eat as much as you wanted. Lovely Molton brown smellies in bathroom iron /board umbrella all tea/coffee and mini bar in the room but bar extra bathrobe/slippers all in all would def stay here again tube stations all in walking distance and free Spa to use while staying 10/10 Kingsway Hall xx

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SharonWestSussex
Francesco P, General Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear SharonWestSussex,

Firstly, your profile pic looks great!
Secondly, I was glad to hear that all your expectations were met and that you found my team to be friendly and attentive...a good excuse to do it all over again!

Francesco Palminteri

Write a ReviewReviews (3,415)

Reviewed October 6, 2012

The kingsway hall hotel covent garden, fantastic location to see the best of London. Stayed here for 1 nught, great access to covent garden, leic sq. Room very clean and they supply m/brown bathroom gel/shampoo. The staff were very welcoming. We love the area and had a fantastic time.

Room Tip: Club room as a min
1  Thank rickipike10

Dear rickipike10,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.
You review was a pleasure to read and I shall personally ensure that your kind comments are passed onto my team.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the meantime, if we may assist you further, please do not hesitate to contact us direct.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We took ages to find a hotel in London for our four nights away last weekend. We were determined to bag a deal but equally wanted somewhere nice to escape the hustle and bustle. We used the search engines to find four star hotels pretty central to Picadilly, Covent Garden etc and finally decided upon Kingsway Hall.

Check in was fine, friendly and efficicient. we went up to our room and the disappointment kicked in. I could have been in any miserable, tired and TINY room in the backstreets of a northern city. The decor was dated, the drapery seen better days and for £900 quite frankly I expected better.

Still determined not to "make a fuss with the beloved" I tried to see the good points. I thought a nice cup of tea might help. No choice of tea, uht milk (despite there being a mini bar) and no biscuits. Not that i wanted biscuits you understand but nevetheless.

We had a great time in London and came back to the hotel infrequently. There wasnt really room to spread out and enjoy things.

The bed was rock hard and I was appalled that there was mattress and then sheet - no matress cover, no mattress topper and the pillows were those awful hypo allergenic lumpy rubbish. I did complain after night one saying that the bed was incredibly uncomfortable and it couldnt be right or hygienic that there was no mattress cover. They put a topper on it and provided some rather smelly feather pillows so I am grateful that this was done.

We didnt have breakfast in the hotel nor did we eat there at all. We had a drink in the bar which was grossly overpriced and in the end we took our drinks back to our miserable room because the bar man, who was the only person there, had the television turned up so loud with some awful football on it was unbearable. There again, I thought I had come to a four star hotel not some expensive take on a sports bar!!

I have stayed in lots of hotels in London and in the future we will pay more money and get better. I think we could have got a lot more for our money but we decided to try the Kingsway Hall Hotel. We wouldnt go back and we wouldnt recommend it.

My partner wanted to watch the golf on Sunday which was the Ryder Cup on Sky. He purchased an add on package for all world wide television and was horrified to find out that there was no Sky. He immediately mentioned it and asked for the £15 to be refunded. He was told that this was not possible and he must speak with the Duty Manager. He asked for the manager to call him back. This didnt happen. He followed it up with reception and again the DM did not contact him. In the end he insisted that this was refunded. In actual fact the television quality was appalling but to not have Sky sports available seemed poor.

AND FINALLY - the doors was so stiff that the constant cacophany of banging doors wakes you - any time from 6am until you finally give in and get up. It is so loud and so unpleasant.

I dont like giving poor TA reviews and I do like to see the positive but really I cant. The hotel corridors which we walked down several times a day reminded me of what I imagine a cheap coaching hotel to be like.

Maybe some of you will look at this and say £900 for four nights in London then what do we expect? I expected better. Having read your other reviews I can only assume that we were allocated the worst room in the place.

Room Tip: Dont have a room on the second floor!
3  Thank TauntonUkDawnee
Francesco P, General Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear TauntonUkDawnee,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I was sorry to learn that not all your expectations were met.

Our rooms are designed in traditional English style and this has always been well received by our guests. Of course, the layout and space do vary, nevertheless, all our rooms are very accommodating, and I am happy to say that they are in line with London's four star hotels.

We offer a 24 hour room service and should a guest require fresh milk with the complimentary tea and coffee facilities we offer, we shall be more than happy to meet such request. With regard to your comment related to the fact that we should offer complimentary biscuits, I have take note of this and shall bear it in mind the next time we need to review our amenities.

Our mattresses are of a very high standard and are designed to offer support to a variety of guests' needs; I am sorry that these did not meet your approval. In addition, all our mattresses are protected with mattress protectors of a very high standards and, in view of your comments, our housekeeping department is checking every single beds and will take the appropriate action by buying more protectors should the need arise.

I also have taken on board your comments with regard to the TV and the list of channels on offer.

With regard to your opinion of the deco of the bedrooms' corridors, again I am sorry that this traditional English style has not met your expectations.

Finally, I do apologise for the noise caused by the self closing the doors; this is now being looked into by our maintenance department and we shall adjust the self closing devices where needed.

I sincerely hope to be afforded the opportunity of welcoming you back at some stage in the future and, should this be the case, would be grateful if you could contact me direct, as it will allow me the opportunity to oversee your future reservations with us.

In the meantime, if I may be of further assistance whatsoever, please do not hesitate to contact me direct.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed for one night before an interview, lovely hotel, a few problems on check in but soon sorted out, we were in our room 5 minutes after going into the hotel. Excellent location but was very peacefull despite being very close to local attractions. Only one probem, we booked a room with a kingsize bed as my husband is 6ft 4 and were very pleased that the bed was wider than a kingsize but bizarrely was only 6 ft long so my husband's feet were hanging out of the bottom.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Francesco P, General Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear lelley21,

Many thanks for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.
I was delighted to learn that most of your expectations were met and I hope your interview went well!

I do hope next time you will stay with us will be for leisure...as am sure you will enjoy the Kingsway Hall and London's attractions even more!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed here from 9/25-9/28/12 and experienced excellent customer service. My husband is 6'4" and finding a hotel in Europe with a king size bed was important. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean and large. They also had an electrical outlet for US plugs which was important to me. Being able to use my flat iron without blowing a fuse was essential. I cannot say enough about the concierge who was instrumental in assisting us with trying to locate our lost lap top in Paris and supplying us with a converter plug. Also, it was walking distance to the Tube which we used to go everywhere including the airport. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 2nd floor in the back and did not hear any street noise. Very quiet.

Dear cenreekz,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.
You review was a pleasure to read and I shall personally ensure that your kind comments are passed onto my team, in particular the Concierge as Jamie and his team work really hard to please every guest's whims...

Reviewed September 29, 2012

This is the third time we have stayed in this hotel and we were not disappointed.
The room was lovely and although we were at the front on 5th floor we were not disturbed by street noise. The staff were all polite and the men in the reception area were very helpful. We enjoyed our breakfast.
We would stay at The Kingsway hotel again. .

Dear baby1watford,

Many thanks for your lovely review.
I was delighted to learn that we managed to exceed your expecations and the fact that we have been your preferred hotel choice for the third time in a row while staying in London means a lot to me and the team.
I do hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future and please feel free to contact us direct if we may assist further.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Lovely hotel, fantastic full english breakfast buffet. Helpful staff, even when we rearranged the mini bar! Although an automatic charge is incurred this was cancelled with no fuss. Great value for central london too. We had a leisurely stroll from the Victoria Coach Station taking in sights such as Buck House, St. Jame's, the Mall, Trafalgar Square etc.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear fuddsi,

Thank for your lovely review! it was a pleasure to read...
Delighted to learn that our full English breakfast exceeded your expectations as it is my favourite too (in particular the sausages and scrambled eggs...); I shall share your kind comments with Gopi, our proud Head Chef .
Please don't wait too long to return and stay with us again! You will have to try our afternoon tea.