“Feel at home in the big city”

Kensington House Hotel
Ranked #546 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed August 28, 2010

I cannot find enough compliments for any aspect of our 10 days stay in this hotel. The staff is very helpful, the room very comfy and cosy, the bed very nice too, the hotel well located. All these aspects conspired to make it a wonderful experience at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank arnaudSP

Reviewed July 23, 2010

I had booked this hotel through a booking company. When my sister and I arrived at the hotel, the front desk told me that my reservation had been cancelled, as the company I had used to book the room had recently filed for bankruptcy. I literally had no idea what I was going to do and where I was going to go. I needn't have worried. The manager very kindly found us a room, and even gave it to me at the discounted price I had booked it at on the now defunct website. The only catch was, he couldn't give us a room for 3 consecutive nights, we had to move rooms after the first night. Again, no problem. They very kindly moved all of our things into the new room while we were out enjoying all London had to offer. This alone would make me a return customer, but there is so much more going for it. The hotel is in a great location. Close to High Street Kensington underground, and Kensington Palace. It is in a quiet, upscale neighborhood. There a few good restaurants nearby, plus a very large Whole Foods. The rooms we had were pretty standard for London. Not very large, but certainly big enough to accommodate ourselves and 3 suitcases. We had free wireless internet in the room, with a modern flat screen TV. The beds and pillows were comfortable, and the linens were good quality. The bathrooms and bedrooms were clean. The breakfast is perfectly adequate. The continental consists of cereals, toast and other pastries, juices, coffee, and tea, all served in a large, airy, and well furnished parlor. The elevator is tiny, but there is an elevator. We chose to use the stairs, as we were on the 2nd floor. There was no air conditioner, but the temperature wasn't unbearable, even in July. The windows all open, and the air circulated (with the help of our ceiling fan). The staff are all very friendly and helpful. The cost of the rooms is very reasonable for this section of London, but like I said earlier, the willingness of the staff to go the extra mile in helping us deal with very unexpected and unwelcome news was definitely worth the money spent. I would recommend this hotel to anyone contemplating a trip to London.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed July 21, 2010

This was actually an interesting stay. When I 1st checked in I thought "I can't stay here" but I think that was because I was at the Hilton last year :} It was an older hotel, but that was actually a big part of its charm which I failed to recognize at 1st. Granted the room was quite small, but we ended up moving to the larger room after 2 days as another friend joined us; so that was 3 people in the 'suite' no problem. Again, a bit more expensive, but worth it! The hotel also has no air conditioning, which I thought would be a major problem, but again no issue even though we were there in the middle of summer. Still cool enough, especially with nice breeze & windows open at night. I would certainly stay here again, but would want to pay a bit less.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2010

Great location. Very quiet street. No traffic noise at all. Complimentary drink vouchers a plus. Breakfast very good. Most of all any staff we encounteref was friendly and accomodating. Rooms very clean, well lit, hair dryers, good showers. Complimentary bottled waters, tea, coffee and hot cocoa were a nice touch.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2010

I won a 2 night stay here so I can't comment on the price/ value for money.
It was a nice hotel with friendly staff who left me a card and chocolates when they found it was my birthday! We had a nice room (116 I think) with high ceilings and and a tall french window opening out onto a small balcony. Decor was ok but a bit bland, the bathroom was quite nice.
The bed was comfy enough and the continental breakfast much the same as other similar hotels - though you had to pay extra for cooked breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank little_m0nkey
Reviewed May 16, 2010

My friend and I stayed for one night at this Hotel, what a mistake, we should have stayed for a week. The staff are so friendly, our room was compact with everything lady's need in a hotel room, plenty of storage, iron & board, bath and shower, hair dryer, lots of lights, two mirrors for ease of checking make up and clothes, desk to work at, easy chair to sit and read, comfy beds and soft pillows. excellent continental breakfast with good tea and coffee. Walk to the top of the street, across the road and into the park, within ten minutes we were in Kensington Palace, a No.10 bus travels between Kings Cross station and takes approx. 40 minutes, it also travels along Oxford Street. Within walking distance are The Albert hall, Victoria & Albert museum, the Natural history museum & Harrods, This hotel is perfectly situated for both shopping & visiting Earls court & Olympia for exhibitions, and of course the museums. My regret is that now I am recommending it to other people I might not get a room there when I want to stay again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank gemstar39
Reviewed April 7, 2010

We just returned from a 3-night stay at the Kensington House hotel. The location is absolutely terrific, just steps from Kensington Gardens and a short walk to many desirable parts of town. Overall, the hotel is clean, quiet and our experience there was seamless. We were in a junior suite, which the staff had made up with a twin bed for our son before we arrived. While everything was spotless and well cared for, the room did feel a bit tired. The carpets seemed heavily trafficked and the bathroom floor and walls looked...old. The tiny old-style TV with about 5 channels of reception didn't help with that perception of modernity, either!

But the hotel was very quiet, clean and the continental breakfast (included in the price of the room) was totally fine. For the money, I think this hotel provides a great value in a very desirable part of town.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family