“Tucked Away Gem”

Ranked #494 of 1,090 Hotels in London
Malton, United Kingdom
“Tucked Away Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

We discovered Kensington House Hotel after a couple of disastrous London stays. Tucked away just across the road from Kensington Palace and gardens and within walking distance of the Albert Hall. KHH is on the bus route straight into the city centre, stopping off at Knightsbridge (Harvey Nicks and Harrods) before hitting Oxford Street. Rooms have everything you could need , tea/coffee making facilities, biscuits TV, wi fi. Beds, shower etc beautifully clean and even breakfast is included. And if you're a senior use your buss pass and get into the city for free! We're going again in a couple of weeks time.

Room Tip: There wasn't a poor or fitness centre but we didn't want those. Our room was very quiet and...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sandra W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was nice with very friendly staff. The building site immediately across the road ensured an early start due to the shouted greetings, songs and general sounds of scaffolding poles.
Ordered a full English breakfast- cold sausages, bacon, beans and plate. Hotel needs to employ someone who can operate a grill and microwave. It was obvious that the sausages were microwavable but weren't.
We should be informed at time of booking about the building site.

• Stayed January 2014
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

having not been away from Australia since 1975 and by myself this was a great place to stay
loved every minute of it. so much character and boutique in style. handy to everwhere and
hyde park, kensington palace over the road. The staff from management down were very
warm, welcoming and friendly as travelling so far from home this was so important. I had 12
nights in this delightful place and would have no hesitation of returning or advertising to all
my friends. A very ideal place to stay as it is so close to all amenities thank you all at KHH you
were great.

Room Tip: ask staff for a quiet room I stayed on 2nd floor at the back
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

The staff here are fantastic. We were part of a wedding party, the food was marvellous. Just a perfect place to stay whilst in London, close to all amenities and the tube, makes shopping and eating out so easy

Room Tip: The suites are superb however so are the rooms in general, I saw 5 different rooms they were all w...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Beverley M
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

After not having been to London for over twenty years, I was so excited to be back and what a perfect spot to be based. Such a place of character with lots of quirks that only served to endear it to us more.

We were on the third floor Ina small room that had a lovely view and a tub in the bathroom. We ordered breakfast in our room most mornings (for a nominal tray charge) and really relaxed before our busy sightseeing schedule (made even more frenetic by my recently broken ankle).

The staff were very friendly and accommodating. They would always greet us with a cheery wave when we returned to the hotel after our days out. On our last morning we felt like they were genuinely sorry to see us leave which was nice.

Very reasonable, awesome location and happy friendly staff; what is not to love!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Chichester UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

I came up to London for a seminar and needed somewhere close by to the venue. I wanted a small hotel, off the main road, quiet, with polite, helpful and engaging staff. It was a magical weekend....a true 'gem' of a hotel which, as I was travelling alone, I really appreciated. The building has character and my single room, though small, had a balcony which opened up to the rear of the hotel, overlooking trees and old rooftops. It really was magical! (This was in Summer). Although there is no restaurant, as such. (only a bar)....they allow you to bring food in and give you cutlery, plate etc....to enable you to eat in the bar area, should you so wish. As a lone traveller ,that suited me, perfectly, because, having been at a seminar all day, I didn't feel like walking down Ken' HIgh Street, looking for a place to eat, on my own!

When you find a hotel. like this....at a comparatively, reasonable price....and one that feels so cosy and relaxed....you really don't want to look anywhere else.....well, I don't! So Kensington House Hotel, it is! Thank you, staff and management. Your efforts are appreciated! I will be back! :-)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Janie1953
Westerville, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

I started with this charming property during my months long tour of the UK. I loved the period charm and the intimate setting. The rooms were on the smallish side, but very well equiped with everything you could possible want. Staff were exceptionally friendly, but I did find a couple of them did not speak great English which made things a little difficult sometimes, especially when ordering breakfast. I loved the fact that it had all the luxuries of a hotel, but had the intimacy of a private period home, which of course it once was in it's day. Location is very convenient to everywhere in central London. Would definitley use again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo