“Location, Location, Location”

K+K Hotel George
Ranked #192 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 12, 2014

What a great hotel! Our first trip to London and we couldn't have been happier with our accommodations. As the other reviews said, the hotel was right around the corner to "The Tube" stop which gets you anywhere, easily in London. We walked there day and night and always felt safe. Room was a bit small and bathroom even smaller, but it was VERY clean and the employes at the desk were very helpful. Bed was comfortable, which after number one cleanliness, is key! We always look for great values in a hotel, but we do expect them to be clean and hopefully nice---this hit all our check boxes. Our booking included breakfast, which was outstanding! It was a full breakfast buffet including all the usuals, as well as local favorites (the British really like their big breakfast) and it even included champagne. Free wi-fi is available throughout the hotel and there is a sauna (which unfortunately we did not have time to use). I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to London and would stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a garden room (on the inside) which other reviewers said were better, but the street we were...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Close by Earls Court Tube station, the hotel sits in an elegant Edwardian street, much different from Earls Court Road.
Friendly staff, a well appointed room and excellent breakfast overlooking the garden mark this out as a place to stay.
Overall a very good hotel with good links

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed for one evening whilst attending a conference at Earls Court.

The hotel is only a few minutes walk away from the conference centre and very close to tube links, set in the beautiful and classy Kensington area.

Check-in was seamless and welcoming. The hotel is very stylish, modern and classic looking. I was greeted with a warm welcome and provided all information I needed.

My room was based on the lower floor. I actually changed rooms because I wanted a bath after being on my feet all day and the particular room I was given only had a walk in shower, the room itself was very nice though and no other problems. I rang reception and spoke with a very polite lady called Kremena (who was extremely helpful, so praises to her!) and she was knocking at my door within 2 minutes of calling to hand me another key to a room down the corridor.

After a relaxing bath I decided to order room service rather then venture out or eat in the hotel restaurant. Food choice is good and varied for room service, I had the Rib eye steak and it was cooked very well and at my room within 20 minutes.

After a peaceful nights sleep, I went up to breakfast which was also very good. Plenty of choice, even cava should you want some fizz. There was a mixture of people there for leisure and also business, so a great hotel for what ever the occasion.

I would certainly stay in this hotel again and recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Adrian L
K_K_General_Manager, General Manager at K+K Hotel George, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Ade888,

many thanks for choosing to stay at K+K Hotel George during your recent conference at Earls Court. We are thrilled with your 5* review and for recommending us to your friends and family.

I am delighted you Mention Kremena, a very valued colleague and she is thrilled that you mention her.

Glad to know you enjoyed our Ribeye steak. We source the "Red Tractor" as an assurance of food standards for our steaks, burgers and schnitzels.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Sincerely

Colm Kelly, General Manager

Reviewed March 11, 2014

This neat boutique hotel met all our requirements for a weekend stay in London: Proximity to a tube station, clean well kept rooms and a delicious breakfast. Not to mention included wireless internet everywhere. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There is quite a bit of noise coming from the ventilation system in the 1st floor. Get a room higher...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Blue_Norseman
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This was my first trip ever to London. I was told to stay in Kensington if possible....I had no idea how many hotel options there would be so it was a bit overwhelming. In the end though, the K+K was a great choice! We flew from DC to Heathrow landing around 7am and making it to Earl's Court (the closest tube stop) around 8am. We headed to the hotel merely hoping to have our bags held until we were able to check in later in the day. To our delight, my "early check-in" request had been received and they were able to accommodate us! Nothing like checking into your hotel room at 8am after a cross-Atlantic flight! We had a double single room which was great. The setting was super tiny but very European in that regard. It had all of the amenities one would want.....adjustable thermostat, tv, tea pot, nice linens, comfortable bed, newly-remodeled bathroom complete with a heated floor, and a great morning breakfast buffet to top it all off. The location of this hotel is great as it is less than 2 blocks from the Earl's Court station. From there, you can take the tube anywhere....or, you have plenty of food and shopping options all within a quarter mile. There is also a nice bar in the hotel complete with comfy couches and a little fire. We spent one evening just relaxing in the bar and were never hassled about just sitting for a while in between glasses of wine. The staff was nice, the food was good, the room was clean, and the hotel was very reasonably priced. All in all a great experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank susie C
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed in the K+K Hotel George for three nights in February 2014. From the moment we walked into the reception we were welcomed and looked after in a professional but most friendly way. The bedroom on Floor 5 was so quiet and overlooked the lovely hotel garden. The breakfast was a feast of beautiful fresh food. Location perfect beside Earls Court underground station and 35 mins walk to Hyde Park.
Well done to General Manager Colm and staffin the K+K. best Hotel in London we will highly recommend it and will be back!
Finbarr and Mary

Room Tip: Rooms on back of Hotel overlook garden and are quiet
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Mary BO10,

Many thanks for staying at K+K Hotel George for your recent 6 Nations Rugby weekend. I was delighted to meet with you and Finbarr and regret the score was not what you wished.

We are delighted with your 5* review and your lovely comment about breakfast being a "feast of beautiful fresh food". We like to spice things up on special days. Today, for St Patricks day, we have lovely Irish produce including Clonakilty black pudding, potatoe bread and soda bread and barm brack. Gorgeous.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sincerely

Colm Kelly, General Manager

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed at the K+K Hotel George for three days in January. The hotel is very convenient for navigating through London. The hotel is a two minute walk from the Earl's Court tube station which the Piccadilly and District lines stop. This is great for transport to and from Heathrow as it takes about 35-40 minutes to get to the hotel from the airport. There is no need to take the express train nor a cab which is extremely expensive. You can also get to pretty much all of the main tourist attractions via the train lines at the station.

I stayed by myself, I'm not sure how I would have faired with another person in the room as it was very small. I'm not sure how this room compares to other London hotels but room size should be a definitely consideration if traveling with another person. Outside of having small rooms, everything else about the hotel was great. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet has good food and coffee. The housekeeping is great and the room has great amenities. All in all this is a good hotel, I'm not sure if I would stay here again because of the room size but i would certainly consider it.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo