I quite often stay in Doubletree hotels as I find them normally quite boutique like, often good value for money and generally offer free wifi. They have obviously refurbished this hotel and the rooms are pleasant enough although fairly small. My issue at this hotel was the staff. Reception were friendly enough however the staff in the restaurant left little to be desired. We returned around 11pm and fancied a night cap, the bar was quiet and the staff were very unenthusiastic, also we asked for some nuts or salty snacks and they didn't have any - at Doubletree Westminster they bring a plate of nuts when you order a drink. There was a visible sigh when we ordered a second drink.
Breakfast was even worse. We arrived and a waiter eventually came over to us at the entrance and we told him our room number and he just waved us in, no hello or good morning, nothing. However, when a paying guest arrived (the restaurant is on the road and so gets walk in custom, he was all over them like a rash, perhaps because he was going to get a tip. There were two other girls working in there and not once were our plates taken away (the tables are really small) and we had to ask for coffee every time we wanted some. They all wandered around, audibly dragging their feet and it really grated on me.
Overall I probably would stay again if the deals are there but they really need to buck their ideas up. Notable exception was the concierge. The manager should go and visit the Hilton Doubletree Westminster to see how it should be done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton London - Hyde Park. Superbly located opposite Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens and just 400 meters from either Queensway or Bayswater Underground stations, our warm and welcoming hotel offers close proximity to popular London attractions including the West End theatre district and Madame Tussauds. Enjoy fantastic shopping opportunities at nearby Oxford Street or hire a pedalo at the Serpentine boating lake in Hyde Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotel.de, HRS and Reservation Counter so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton - London Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada London Hyde Park Hotel London
- Ramada Hotel Hyde Park
- Hyde Park Ramada
- London Ramada
- DoubleTree By Hilton - London Hyde Park England