I stayed here for one night whilst I was in London on business. I was welcomed with a delicious warm chocolate chip cookie and given an upgraded room. I had booked about 2 weeks in advance and got a very good rate for B&B.
My room was warm, clean and very nicely decorated. I had use of a Nespresso machine, received bottled water, Twinings fruit tea and Early Grey. There was a sign in the bathroom about ‘travelling light’ and an array of toiletries including deodorant and razors were offered in case you had forgotten them!
I was a little concerned when I arrived at my room as I had an adjoining room and you could hear everything in the room next door (I gathered very quickly my neighbour had had a very bad day in the office!). I have become a light sleeper since moving out of the city and so was concerned I wouldn’t sleep well, especially because my room was near to the lift, but I did. The bed, pillow and bedding were so inviting that I curled up to sleep quickly and had a wonderful night’s sleep.
The hotel offered free wifi which was great as I had work to complete in the evening (although it didn’t like Firefox and I had to use Explorer). It was also only about a 5 minute walk from Queensway Tube station. When you leave Queensway, there is a Hilton Hotel immediately on your right which isn’t this hotel (which is worth the extra 5 minute walk).
Breakfast was good. The restaurant is bright and modern which I liked and breakfast itself included the usual continental and full English. I sampled the homemade granola which was delicious. Tea, coffee and juice were also served at your table as well as at the buffet and service was friendly and helpful (from all staff at all times during my stay).
This hotel serves up a slice of luxury and for my stay provided incredible value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton London - Hyde Park. Superbly located opposite Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens and just 400 meters from either Queensway or Bayswater Underground stations, our warm and welcoming hotel offers close proximity to popular London attractions including the West End theatre district and Madame Tussauds. Enjoy fantastic shopping opportunities at nearby Oxford Street or hire a pedalo at the Serpentine boating lake in Hyde Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton - London Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada London Hyde Park Hotel London
- Ramada Hotel Hyde Park
- Hyde Park Ramada
- London Ramada
- DoubleTree By Hilton - London Hyde Park England