“Good base for long weekend”

DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing
Ranked #258 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 31, 2010

Stayed for two nights for a weekend trip to London. We have stayed here on several previous occasions due to its handy location from the motorways (5 mins or so from M4) and close proximity to the Tube (5 min walk to Ealing Common Tube - Piccadilly & District lines). The room was on the small size but was very clean. It did look a bit tired though! The bathroom was also small but had a bath as well as a shower. Our deal included breakfast which was pretty good and the service both in the restaurant and at the reception was also prompt.
The big plus is its location and whilst it is 20 minute tube trip into central London you are not paying central london prices for comfortable accommodation.
Since we were last there the hotel has introduced a parking charge but at £6 per night is acceptable. We will continue to use the hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing

Reviewed January 26, 2010

Wow, Great, Beautiful was my thought when the name Ramada struck me. But it was like any ordinary hotel. Small rooms, looking a little old, but clean rooms though. The food was good and the time we were there the breakfast table was full and had to wait to get a seat! No complaints but no compliments too. Just another hotel that’s all…

Explore, Experience, Enjoy…
Suravanditha Praveen Kumar

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 18, 2010

Stayed there for one night.
Found the room including the bathroom to be very small. Also furniture was worn and paint was peeling off.

Had dinner in the restaurant. Was OK.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed November 15, 2009

I had booked via active hotels but they didn't bother letting Ramada jarvis know about the booking - not to worry firstly they asked me to take a seat in the lounge and they would sort it out which they did. when I arrived it was difficult to get seen because there are only receptionists but they work hard, smile welcomingly and deal with everyone quickly. I decided to go into the bar, picked up a freely available newspaper and checked out the menu. When I had decided an assistant came to ask me if I had decided yet, I put in my order a ham sandwich (tasted like cheap spam) and a mocha, I explained I hadn't checked in yet but wanted to put it on my room, she said no problem and asked me when I would like my drink with the sandwich or now,
The room was cold when I got in but soon warmed up, the hotel and the staff were great, good choice of food, the Sunday breakfast from 8-12 was brilliant, my spouse and friends sat for over one hour without being hassled and given more coffee, tea, toast as we wanted. The lift broke down but was quickly fixed, I have never know this to happen before.
We had a great stay, the only problem previously mentioned is that the wallpaper is faded and curling, the bath has the metal bits showing.
I would definately recommend this hotel. We paid £80.00 which was a bargain, plenty of parking at the hotel, good staff. We went for a friend's engagement party, well worth it.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2009

Booked a great deal at this hotel including a 3 course meal and breakfast. Couldn't fault the friendliness of the hotel staff. Check in was quick and easy and the room was clean with usual amenities. It feels a little dated and is in need of refurbishment, but for the price i couldn't complain.
The inclusive evening meal was great even thought the set menu is limited, but you are free to choose any items from the menu and top up anything costing more than £22 per person (amazing considering the total cost of the stay!) Drinks are reasonably priced and service was good.
There is plenty of parking onsite for £6 per night, although staying on a weekend we managed to park on the road directly outside the hotel for free - can't moan at that for the outskirts of london!

Ealing Common station is literally a 2 minute walk away, taking you directly into central london in about 20 minutes.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Very disappointed with this hotel. I expected more from a Ramada especially at this price. Rooms were very small as was bath/shower room. Room was clean but very tired.
Breakfast was very poor compared to other hotels in this price. Staff seemed to be trying to saved money all the time.
Plugs in rooms were so close to worktop that it was not possible to plug mobile phone chargers or lap top etc.
Sky TV did not work.
Too far from central London to travel easily.
On arrival we were offered a free drink at the bar which seemed nice but when we went into bar it was only an awful house red wine.
On a plus it was close to a tube station and the car parking was cheap at £6 per night.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2009

If you want to stay in a box room in a souless hotel this is the place for you . It is very clean but there is no room to move either side of the bed and the bathroom was tiny with a bath only fit for a child . Room service was ok but vastly overpriced and l had to forego breakfast as it was stated that it started at seven but was never ready for then .Great location though right opposite the common and 5 mins from the broadway.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business