“Comfortable stay”

Ranked #243 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Netherlands
“Comfortable stay”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We booked a room with a queen sized bed and an extra bed for our son via Expedia. There was a special 40% discount on when we booked and we paid EUR 250 for 2 nights excluding breakfast.

Nearest tube station is Ealing Common which is only 3 mins walk away (turn left out of tube station and cross the pedestrian crossing) and keep walking. The area itself is not interesting at all and no interesting shops around. It takes about half an hour to get into centre of London. We did not take the breakfast option at the hotel as we thought there would be lots of interesting cafes for breakfast in the local area. Unfortunately there were none.

Rooms itself was very comfortable especially the bed. It is well furnished with a Nespresso and tea facilities. Bathroom was clean and modern. However, the bath was small.

Staff were all friendly and helpful. There is free wi-fi in the reception area. For internet access in the room we were given 1 hour for free and thereafter is was chargeable.

Whilst there, there was a wedding reception on both nights and as we were only on the first floor, there was noise from both receptions but the music was a lot quieter around midnight.

Overall, a good stay.

Room Tip: Aim for a room on the higher floors if there is a function going on.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Matthew W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear AJZ,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your recent stay here at the Doubletree by Hilton London Ealing.

It is great to read that overall you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back when you return again to London.

Matt Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has been refurbished quite recently and it shows in everything about its interior.
The rooms are rather small in size, but very well designed. I especially appreciated the bathroom with Villeroy&Boch fixtures, modern design and Crabtree&Evelyn cosmetics.
Also, every room has a Nespresso coffee maker with complimentary coffee.
What I didn't like was that the minibar was empty (a problem they said will be solved soon) and that the wifi is free, but with a weird system: you have to go to the front desk to get vouchers for 30min of wifi and then go again when the time's up.
Location: quiet area, 3min walk from the tube station and direct line to the center of London.
However, your journey downtown takes about 30mins, which is not great if you're there for only a couple of days.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear loanal,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review after your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you liked the work we did in our £10 million refurbishment and the extra touches that we have added to the bedrooms.

The fridges are actually for your own supplies should you wish to make use of them rather than mini bars - I am sorry if you were misinformed about these during your stay.

We are also in the process of changing the WiFi set up in the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back whenever you next visit London.

riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Increase in the dining room services and breakfast . I liked the TV channels . Allocate rooms for smokers . Lack of Stand Bags . Place for the children to play . The absence of a list of nearby restaurants. Lack of balance to measure the weight of the bags .

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Sultan B,

Thank you for leaving your points after your recent stay.

I was pleased to read that you scored us a four out of five for your visit.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

yorkshire
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I reviewed this hotel when it was a Ramada-Jarvis hotel, and I put many positive comments about the hotel then.. But now it has been turned into a Hilton Hotel and it's been totally refurbished, it is a very good hotel indeed.
We got a really good deal at £30 each per night with breakfast.
The beds are really comfortable, the shower is fabulous and the coffee machine is brilliant.
The staff couldn't be more pleasant and helpful. The use of the computer was FREE, so too were the morning papers. Breakfast was everything you could wish for, including freshly cooked fried eggs to order.
We arrived really early at 11.30am and we were able to check-in straight away. When we went to the Travelodge(London - Bank), we were made to wait until 3 o'clock to check-in.
Ealing Common tube station is 3 minutes walk away, with access to the District line and the Piccadilly line.
If you can get a good deal for this hotel, then grab it with both hands. I promise, you will not be disappointed.
I'm already looking to book this hotel at Chrisrtmas. I just need to find a good deal.
I am very impressed with what Hilton have done to this hotel. I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back, it's quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear chowdray,

Thank you for again leaving your feedback after your latest visit.

I am glad to read that you appreciated the extensive refurbishment that we have recently finished. It was also pleasing to read that the staff looked after you.

I appreciate the kind score that you left us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Firstly it has to be said it is not the prettiest hotel building by any stretch of the imagination but like so many things it is what lies beneath the skin (so to speak) that counts. We had a anniversary weekend booked here and it was brilliant. The hotel knew of our anniversary and put some flowers in our room, what a nice touch. The warm cookies on arrival are delicious as well.
A number of reviews mention that the rooms are small, we stopped two nights and the room was perfect, clean, well equipped (coffee machine and kettle, iron, ironing board, hairdryer, clock radio, flat screen tv, safe, toiletries, nice big soft towels etc) we had a canvas holdall which slipped under the bed I guess if you had large suitcases and were stopping longer it would be advisable to book a bigger room but for a weekend break it really was perfect. The climate control system was efficient and easy to operate. Nice big walk in shower with good water pressure and again easy to operate.
The public areas were again very clean and obviously have been recently refurbished, we ate in the bar area and not only was the food very good it was quite reasonably priced as well. Paid about £14 for a fillet chicken burger with hand cut chips and garnishes etc.
The hotel is in a great location opposite Ealing common, a short 10 minute walk gets you to Ealing high street with a number of very nice bars and restaurants, the tube station is very close by and set us back £8 for unlimited travel through the 4 zones into London.
A big advantage is the hotel has a large carpark which costs £10 for 24 hours, they also let us leave the car there after we checked out so we could go into London on our last day, all in all the staff were very helpful and friendly.
The only couple of negatives were our room 419, was at the front of the hotel, nice view of the common but you get all the noise from the function room below, in fairness it did cease by midnight and so wasn't much of an issue for us. Also it is quite close to the main road, traffic noise itself wasn't too intrusive however I have never heard so many sirens in my life! To be fair I do live in the country so it may be quite normal for London, of course this is not the hotels fault and it certainly wont stop me from returning which i plan to do quite soon

Room Tip: One at the back will be quieter but not have much of a view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear julian_valerie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave the comments regarding your recent weekend at the hotel.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and had an enjoyable anniversary weekend.

We look forward to seeing you back in the hotel whenever you are next in London.

Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I'll try to be concise and short as possible. Staff - worst ever. Can't say hello when they see you. Unable to be trusted (asked for taxi reservation, they didn't do it, almost got late to the plane). Asked for room service twice! Once I even payed in front, never saw anybody coming to my room... Key system kept decoding itself. Every time I tried to get into my room I had to make a trip to the reception to do recoding process. After I got mad they called for service to repair the key. Room cleanliness is other pair of hand. 2 days in a row my room weren't cleaned till 3PM (1st floor room), after I asked for room cleaning service, they said they are unable to clean it after 3PM so I was 2 days in a row without clean bedsheets and towels. Internet is "free" for 30 minutes using vouchers that you have to pick up at the reception. Only good thing is their cookies which are really good, but I tried to order it to the room and even payed for 6 cookies but I never saw those cookies... All in all I'm terrible disappointed with whole situation. I have been in many Hilton and DoubleTree hotels all around world and I have never experienced anything like this. Even in 3 star hotels...

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Miljenko B
Dear Miljenko B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments after your recent stay here at the hotel. Let me apologise for the fact that you did not enjoy your experience.

I am sorry that it appears we have fallen short in several areas of your service experience I only wish that you could have raised this with either myself or one of the management team during the stay so that we could have undertaken measures to rectify the problem rather than me apologising after your visit.

As you will see from the previous reviews since we rebranded to a Doubletree on the 03rd of June 2013 this is by no means our normal high standard of service that we strive for and achieve.

I hope to be able to welcome you back in the future so that you have a more enjoyable stay and we can restore your faith in the hotel.

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights whilst my partner was on business.
Absolutely brilliantly placed - 2 minutes from the Piccadilly line tube into central London and 10 mins walk into Ealing.
Breakfast wasn't as good as previous Hilton doubletrees and the reception were not very forthcoming - ie. had to ask about gold member benifits, no cookies available in check in, didn't ask if we wanted a paper!
Would definitly stay again though - the good outweighs the few niggles!

• Stayed August 2013