“not Hilton, but good”

DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing
Ranked #247 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed there for one night (weekend stay with dinner and breakfast)
This hotel will be joining the DoubleTree by Hilton brand in Spring 2013. So there were workers during the day (9-18).
PROS:Very close to underground station (then apx 20 minutes to the centrum), big TV, clean room, good buffet breakfast, better from inside than outside
CONS: wifi - 12 pounds a day, disorganized staff (there was a party during our stay so we had to wait to order dinner almost 30 min), cold in restaurant, dinner (looked like they just put it to microwave to make it hot)
But i hope that after the refurbishment is finished it will be first class and i would go back to see it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
RLEIK, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear Lydkaq

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our guests. I am happy to note that overall you enjoyed your stay at The London Ealing Hotel.

An EasyToBook.com traveler
London
Reviewed December 10, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler

Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

We were directed here by the BBC, as my wife was taking part in a television programme. The rooms are rather dishevelled and bathrooms in need of refurbishing. The shower leaked all night.
Although my club sandwich was very nice and not overpriced, the staff refused to provide any facilities to heat a bottle for my 4 month old daughter, who is too good to scream the place down in protest.

I would never stay here again as I feel that failing to provide basic services for parents of young children is unforgivable in hospitality services!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank BlazeFalconburger
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Endemol put me up in this hotel after filming a quiz at Television Centre. My first impressions of the outside were "council block" but once inside it was very nice indeed. The reception and bar area were well kept and the staff were ever so helpful.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Therealmarkrodgers

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I just stayed one night at this hotel and have no real complaints.The staff were friendly,courteous and efficient and my room was acceptable though in need of a little redecorating.The television impressed me as it was a large flat screen as opposed to the old fashioned ones found in many hotels.I had fish and chips in the restaurant for dinner and the staff were very courteous and efficient.The breakfast was the standard help your self buffet but was very nice.The hotel was very quiet and I spent a good night.I would definitely recommend this hotel and after the refurbishment is finished it will be first class.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Val-Edson1

Reviewed November 26, 2012

First time here. Just stayed for one night while on business. The staff are very friendly, helpful, and able. On arrival the reception staff couldn't have made me feel more welcome. I was allocated a 'studio' room, which I think was a little larger than the standard ones. The room was clean, well stocked with toiletries and towels. I had tea and coffee making facilities, a hair dryer and an iron and ironing board. There was a nice big television.

It is obvious the hotel needs upgrading, which is going on at the moment, to be finished, I believe by the spring of 2013.

After a long journey I wasn't very hungry, but the scallops starter I had was one of the best I have tasted. And not expensive by London prices.

The breakfast is a buffet, with all the components of a full English. Or you could have cold meats, fruit or cereal. Tea and Coffee cups were refilled on request. The dining room staff are cheerful and efficient.

I slept well, and enjoyed my stay.

I will have no hesitation in using this hotel again.

Room Tip: I would opt for an upgrade to a studio room as they are more spacious