“Awful Hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing
Ranked #257 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel is really horrible and I would not advise anyone to stay.

Didn't get the best deal either at £115 per night.

The bedrooms are shabby, tired and not overly clean.

That said the staff are wonderful, friendly and exceptionally helpful.

Hopefully Hilton will start to renovate soon making for a better place for staff and guests alike.

Room Tip: don't go
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
RLEIK, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Understanding this hotel is about to undergo renovation, I still want to share my experiences. I was part of a 10 people group staying at this hotel

Upon my check-in, there was no hand-soap or shower-gel in my bathroom. Hairs were present in the bathtub. I guess housekeeping needs to tighten up.

Hotel needs to take a serious look at the hot water supply and get it fixed. The first morning of my stay, the hot water supply in the bath was good. 2nd & 3rd mornings, I had no warm water, which I informed Reception about. Late-night upon my return to the hotel, I was offered a replacement room but declined as I needed to re-pack everyting and hoped the water supply would be back to normal in the morning, only to find the water colder than the morning before.

Colleagues staying at the hotel at the same time as me shared similar experiences of cold water, as well as experiences of "lots of black, damp/fungus on the bathroom ceiling" as well as cold, noisy rooms which smelt bad.

This hotel ranks as one of the worst I've ever stayed in.

I really hope the renovation will make the hotel better, it needs to!

Room Tip: If you MUST stay at this property, require a newly renovated room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kristoffer R
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Bit of a strange one this. Its obviously in transition to a Hilton Doubletree and it shows but I've given it a very good rating largely because the staff are so friendly and helpful. I assume there is some Hilton training going on but whoever is running the place deserves a pat on the back as do the staff themselves. They don't get everything right as you would expect but the attitude of everyone is first rate. I've stayed twice so far. The first time I had a fairly small room that was a bit tired in all departments but no doubt the re-furbishment will address that. The second time I had a "studio" which is actually just a bigger room which was significantly better. All fine for the prices I paid which admittedly were on a special rate for HHonors members.

The one thing that really needs looking at is the food. I only ate twice and then gave up. The first time I had a butternut squash risotto that was right on the boundaries of edibility. The second time I was presented with a pizza that was basically a disc of thick cardboard with a layer of cheese that made it look like a flying saucer. Not a tomato in sight. Being British I didn't complain of course! There's not a great deal of competition locally so there is significant scope here to attract non-residents but not on the basis what I experienced.

It will be interesting to go back when the Doubletree make over is complete. They are going to start on the main common areas in January apparently and have the whole thing done by late spring.They certainly seem to have the right team of people in place already so good luck to them. It's well located for those who want access to the west and Heathrow and Ealing common tube station is very close for getting in to central London. For those with cars the parking charges are also pretty reasonable for London and it has a large car park.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear oldbutkeen

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed November 4, 2012

The hotel was easy enough to find, plenty of parking and just a five minute walk to the nearest tube. Reception staff were friendly enough, our room was clean, spacious and well equipped with toiletries, hairdryer and refreshments tray.

We expect to pay a little more for hotels in London but I'm not sure this was worth the £130 we paid for our stay on Sat 3rd Nov. Had the car parking and breakfast been included, I would have given the hotel a better rating.

Car parking was an additional £10 p/day and breakfast was an extra £15.50 p/person (which we declined)

Dear Karen B

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Our 3rd stay at this hotel but the first since it changed hands and is being rebranded as one of the Double Tree Hilton Hotels. There is currently work taking place on the 5th floor but it didn't bother us as we were out during the day when the work was going on and as they didn't work weekends it didn't affect our later start on Sunday.
Reception staff were very helpful especially when receiving packages for us and providing local directions.
We chose this hotel as it is close to the Tube and is easy to access central London. The breakfast is full English every day which is hard to resist. The staff coped very well and food was quickly replenished when it was very busy during the weekend.
We would definitely return to this hotel, next time we visit London.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear GizmoCairo

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our guests. I am happy to note that overall you enjoyed your stay at The London Ealing Hotel.