“Great service.”

Ranked #238 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great service.”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Staying here for the weekend for a wedding.before arriving as usual I check the reviews on here to see what previous guests have to say about the hotel but from experience also know that everybody's expectations are very different.check in was quick the room was ready and the staff very pleasant,happy and professional.I stayed in room 218 which was clean and tidy if a bit dated but I understand the hotel is undergoing refurbishment and expect this to change.saying that I mostly only ever use a hotel to sleep,shower and change and I am not to bothered by decoration.I had an evening meal in the hotel restaurant which was beautiful and overheard a few people say how lovely the food was.the service was excellent and staff brilliant.the breakfast was of a good select fruits,cereal,cooked and was good.just help yourself everything to set you up for the day.again the staff were brilliant.one young member of staff asked what I was doing that day.she offered directions and advice for the day which was much appreciated.I think staff that take the time to converse with are friendly to and have good local knowledge are an asset to any hotel.I have one more night to stay at the hotel but so far am so pleased I wanted to put a review on here now.thank you to all the staff its a big thumbs up from me. Steve.c

• Stayed October 2012
RLEIK, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Stevec40

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our guests. I am happy to note that you enjoyed your stay at The London Ealing Hotel.

Please be assured that your comments will be shared with the team.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Ilhan Kose

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Yorkshire, England
Reviewed September 29, 2012

It's is actually not such a bad hotel. Perhaps the rooms could do with a bit of refreshing, particularly in the bathrooms which are starting to look tired. However, the communal areas are pleasant enough, the staff are friendly, and the breakfast is fine.

Not so fine was the clientele when I stayed there in late September. There was a very large, out-of-control group of young Italian students. I started my evening after dinner by sitting in the quiet bar area for a drink. A few minutes later, the entire area was swamped by this group and their adult leaders. They didn't order any food or have anything to drink. They just grabbed all the available chairs and dragged them across into a huge huddle. The TV which I was watching was quickly appropriated and the Italian football was put on.

Then when I went off to bed, I barely managed to get 5 minutes of sleep at a time, the youngsters running riot all over the hotel, showing absolutely no respect or consideration for other guests. When I complained on check-out, I was told that they were over for a short course and would be leaving soon.

Unfortunately the hotel showed that they were unable to manage a situation where they are housing such groups together with individual business travellers, and I would be unwilling to take the risk of staying here in the future.

When staying at a hotel with business meetings the following day, a good night's sleep is the absolute minimum that I demand, and the London Ealing Hotel cannot guarantee me that.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rybblevalley
RLEIK, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Rybblevalley

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay.

The London Ealing Hotel has always prided itself in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim is guest satisfaction and quality delivery. We do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet the guest's expectations.

I am sorry to note that you were not satisfied with your overall stay especially with the student group staying at the hotel. I would like to assure that every effort was made on part of the hotel to communicate to the Teachers to ensure minimum disturbance. I am afraid the effort we put in was not enough specially that you were disturbed by them and I sincerely apologise for this and would like to assure that we have reviewed our decision when it comes to taking such groups.

Over the next 8 months the hotel is going to go through an exciting time of development and major refurbishment resulting in a re-brand to Double Tree by Hilton in May 2013.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again and kindly ask you to drop me an email when you next stay with us so that I can make it up further to you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The London Ealing Hotel in the near future.

Guernsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Where to begin! I booked an 'executive' room with a third party website and when I checked in was sent to room 333. A very pleasant room, spacious and well appointed. I had just got out of the shower when I had a call from reception informing me I had been put in a family room by mistake and I would have to move as there was a family that needed the room. I am generally a very obliging person so agreed to move and duly collected the key to my new 'executive' room. When I got to the other room there was already someone in it, a single guy travelling alone, who informed me he was waiting to be transferred to room 333. Interesting? This room, 138, was by no stretch of the imagination anything like an executive room but I was on business and in a rush to go out with colleagues so as I was only there one night chose to 'live with it'. When I got back later that evening I discovered no tea or coffee making facilities so called down to reception to report this. They brought me a kettle but nothing else so I had to send them back to get the remainder of the items needed, i.e A CUP!!! I also had to ask them to get the bunch of kids in the rooms surrounding mine to keep the noise down as they seemed to get much amusement from running room to room and slamming doors. I personally also had to tell them twice, it didn't stop until 1am! During all of this there wasn't a single apology or recognition of their mistake. Truly shocking hotel and even worse staff. I wish I could say the buffet breakfast made up for the shoddy room and lack of sleep but I can't. It was dire! I even mentioned this on check out only to be met with black expressions so gave up, perhaps it was their lack of understanding of the english language. Never again!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Bristle_Flyer
Dear Bristle_flyer

Thank you for you feedback regarding your stay at the London Ealing Hotel.

We apologise that your experience here was less than satisfying and would kindly request you to make contact with me so that we can make it up further to you.

london
Reviewed September 24, 2012

A hideous place on the North Circular. Overpriced, souless. The bedrooms are standard international fare, anonymous, but ugly with it. Mattresses are uncomfortable. The bar downstairs has distracting TVs everywhere, PLUS piped music. I saw a man, clearly at his wit's end with jangling music and noise pummelling him, yank a wire out of a speaker, for some blessed relief, a small act of individualism in a corporate wasteland. Few here are paying out of their own pockets, and if they are they are being cruelly ripped off. Bar prices are absurd. The 'standard' rate quoted for a pokey bedroom was £160 per night! The restaurant is bleak and spartan and ill-lit. Some of the staff relieve the Stalinist grimness of this concrete bunker, with an attempt at charm, occassionally successful. Only boy scouts, used to discomfort, or the myopic or deaf should spend a night in a place where incessant traffic noise is almost preferable to musak.

Room Tip: There is no such thing as 'a good room'.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank nickyarthur
Llanberis, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The room we were given was a throw-back from the 1980's, everything was worn and tired. We had peeling brown wall paper, corroded taps that were dripping constantly, the basin would not drain properly, there was mould and peeling sealant in the bathroom. The fixtures and fittings were grotty and dirty.
This is the worst hotel I have ever visited

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Iwan P
Dear Iwan P

Thank you for you feedback regarding your stay at the London Ealing Hotel.

We apologise that your experience here was less than satisfying and we would like to assure that we have taken note of your comments and as you are probably aware over the next 8 months the hotel is going to go through an exciting time of development and major refurbishment resulting in a re-brand to Double Tree by Hilton in May 2013.

Please be assured that we highly value your custom and with this in mind, we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you and show that we can do better.

I would request you to make contact with me when you next plan to stay with us so that I can make it up further to you.

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Firstly and before I continue, may I say that we found all the staff at this Hotel to be excellent.
This was the 3rd time that we had stayed here and it was chosen mainly in recognition of our satisfactory previous visits.
On arrival our check-in experience was good and we went to our allocated room. When we entered it we found it to be very small and had no drawer storage space either. As we were staying for 3 nights and had an amount of clothes etc to allow for this we felt that this was unacceptable. I went to reception and explained our predicament and we were immediately moved to a more appropriately fitted room for our needs.
It was at about midnight that our problems started.
We were woken up by loud thuds and scraping furniture from the room above. This was accompanied by the sound of heavy stamping like sounds, (like a herd of elephants running around) and doors banging. At 1.00am I called reception and was told that someone would investigate. It went quiet for a short time but then the noises started again. At 3.00am my wife got dressed and went down to reception to complain again. She asked whether there were children in the room above and was told that there were a large number of foreign students staying in the hotel. The night receptionist then went back to the floor above to attempt to quieten the students again. It was about 4.00am when we eventually got to sleep that night. Just before 7.00am it started again. Later that morning we spoke to reception and were offered the room opposite as there was no-one in the room above. We gratefully accepted this offer however, during the evening the noises started again, clearly not from the room above but from other rooms along the corridor of the floor above us. We should have been prepared for this as, during the day, we noticed that the students, (16 to 18 year olds) appeared to have no respect or consideration for other guests at the hotel. We knew from the previous night's events that we would be due another sleepless night so decided to go to reception and check out. After a long conversation with the Duty Manager and his colleague he asked us to accompany him to a room on the top floor, well away from the students, to see if we would reconsider our decision to leave. We decided to stay and low and behold we slept!
The point of this review is not to criticise the staff as they have no control over who the Company's central reservations department place within their hotel, but to highlight the fact that whilst in the short term the student bookings filled the hotel, the booking has probably done irretrievable damage to the reputation of the hotel in respect of regular and repeat Clients.
From our point of view, it has to be said that it is more how a problem is dealt with that is important and the staff at the hotel could not have been more helpful. Both Duty Managers, Suketo and Sothi certainly deserve a special mention as they went way above any expectations that we had regarding customer service.
We will definitely stay at this hotel again but will ensure that we call first to check if students have been offered accomodation at the same time!

Room Tip: Although rooms classed as average the hotel is currently undergoing refurbishment and rebranding.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank WiltshireWesties2016
Dear WiltshireWesties

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay.

The London Ealing Hotel has always prided itself in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim is guest satisfaction and quality delivery. We do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guest's expectations.

I am sorry to note that you were not satisfied with your overall stay especially with the student group staying at the hotel. I would like to assure that every effort was made on part of the hotel to communicate to the Teachers to ensure minimum disturbance. I am afraid the effort we put in was not enough specially that you were disturbed by them and I sincerely apologise for this and would like to assure that we have have reviewed our decision when it comes to taking such groups.

I am glad to note that you recognised the effort put in by the team especially Sothi & Suketu and would like to assure that your comments will be communicated to them and the entire team.

I am so glad to hear that you are giving us an opportunity to serve you again and kindly ask you to drop me an email when you next stay with us so that I can make it up further to you.