“Nice boutique hotel in good location”

La Suite West - Hyde Park
Ranked #472 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I stayed in the La Suite West for a weekend in London. First of all I have to say it is in a great location. Two tube stations just around the corner and a short work from Hyde Park.
The staff is very friendly and the stylish look and design of the hotel are just up my alley. They have a restaurant that is called RAW it is great as it serves raw, vegetarien and vegan food, something to try out even if you are not staying at the hotel. The rooms are very clean and are just the right size. They are not the biggest mind you, but they are comfortable and very clean.
The prices are also very reasonable for a place so central. Am looking foward to staying there again.

Room Tip: If you want a bigger room, don't book a Paddington room. Although I was fine with the size, some...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 20, 2014

We travelled here with a baby so they put us in on a ground floor room which was a bit bigger than the normal ones. It has a very stylish ambiance, making use of the lack of natural light. Everything is a bit dark and fashionable but we can't complain, it was actually quite "cool". the beds were comfortable and the bathroom was also very up to date.

There are lots of people complaining about the service but we had absolutely no problems, in fact they were very accommodating and the reception staff was very nice.

Location is great, in front of hyde park, super close to two different tube lines and lots of bus lines. We would definitely go back.

The only thing I would warn against is eating at their RAW restaurant if you are not a strict Vegan... we ate there and did not like it one bit, but then I guess that is a question of taste more than anything.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Stayed here through a Secret Escapes deal. We had a warm welcome at reception and had an immediate upgrade. The hotel is very dark, but clean and tidy. I asked for more milk and was brought a jug of fresh milk instead of cartons which was nice. The room was OK in size but very dark, the decor is all dark browns with slatted blinds everywhere. The bathroom was very trendy with a lovely shower. The bed was comfortable with good quality bedding and a TV which swivels round to face either the bed or the sofa.
The hotel is dry for some reason so has no bar, the restaurant is Vegan but the breakfast is not. However, there is no pork served so only turkey rashers and beef or chicken sausages. Other than that the breakfast was lovely and served to your table with lots of hot drinks and lovely sourdough toast.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Welshtyke01
La_Suite_West, General Manager at La Suite West - Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Dear Welshtyke01,

Thank you for your lovely review and I was glad to learn that most of your expectations were met.

Our decision to become a "dry-hotel" was born last year with the aim of delivering a unique experience for the health conscious traveller. As result, we created an extensive list of mocktails, smoothies and freshly squeezed juices all freshly prepared and accompanied by a selection of raw and vegan dishes. Having said that, we do also offer more traditional home comfort classics such as prime beef burgers and club sandwiches and should anyone fancy a beer or a glass of wine? Not all is lost, just let us know and we will be more than happy to pop down to the local store, buy it for you and have it delivered direct to your room with glasses and ice buckets!

A good excuse to return...

Best,

Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at lots of hotels in London and this is actually the worst. I don't understand how the reviews are so good.
While other reviews say the hotel was dirty, I didn't experience this however the stay was not enjoyable.
In my opinion the hotel has been over designed, the rooms are so dark and there are these strange black shutters over the windows and they make you feel very claustrophobic (I never experience this) you get no natural light and can't see out. The staff have no personality and the hotel has no atmosphere what so ever. There's no bar and I also didn't think much of the surrounding area. Definitely wouldn't return. The bed was comfy but there was only a sheet and no duvet which was very cold in the night!

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank Natasha123_12

Dear Natasha,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to learn that the general housekeeping standards throughout the hotel met your expectations; however, I was disappointed to read that the interior design and the location did not meet your approval and that we could have delivered a more efficient and friendly check in, which I have taken note and shared with all those concerned.

La Suite West is located on a quiet street on the edge of London's magnificent Hyde Park and close to the West End and Paddington, and we are the minimalist and latest creation of famed British designer Anouska Hempel.

Ranked one of the world’s top 100 interior designers and architects, Anouska Hempel has also made a name for herself in landscape design and high fashion and has owned, designed, and managed several award-winning, luxury boutique hotels.

Our aesthetic takes the shape of a stark temple of black and white, where clean lines meet sharp angles and sculptural forms. A corridor of inky-black marble floors leads guests up to an unusually long white marble reception desk.

Finally, in the garden, crisp lines and sculptural forms that characterise the hotels interior are echoed in meticulously pruned plants, trees and hedges. Leading from the hotel RAW restaurant, food and alcohol free beverage service is available, weather permitting, to the health conscious traveller, making it the perfect location for mocktails or afternoon tea.

I hope we shall be afforded the opportunity of welcoming you back and would be grateful if you could contact me direct when you have a date in mind, so that I can personally oversee your future stay with us.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 11, 2014

I have personally stayed at many hotels here in London and I have never seen such a disgusting service and rooms at any hotels. This boutique hotel is on various and even on Tablet Hotels which means they have the "fancy" element to the name. We stayed here for 11 nights and boked a Kensington Suite. Many problems came with the room, 1. balloons behind the sofa bed? Really? We stayed 1 night at that room and the air conditioning was working according to the reception, yet the was boiling hot. We had to upgrade and pay from our money due to the workers assuming that we are lying about the atmosphere. The Bathroom floors, towels and sink was literally disgusting with blood stains and marks and uncleaned spots. The hotel staff entered our room while the do not disturb sign was on and claimed that the room card wasn't in the slot. (I never take the room card with me I always leave it as I need the A/C working at all times) Please take note that all of our items were scattered around the room. When I talked to the manager, he told me that the card wasn't inserted in its slot, and the do not disturb sign was off and again they claim that I am lying. In our other room, we found another disgusting blood stain on the new bed sheets. I just cannot imagine the blood stains I have seen during one hotel stay. Oh, and the reception apparently doesn't ever care nor take notes to what you are saying except if you are like them. Which means this hotel staff is racist. Beware people and don't be fooled by the nice photos, the rooms are too small and even smaller that what they look like in the photos.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Labels O
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

We spent one night here and wish it was longer. Received a free upgrade on arrival to a larger room, which was huge in comparison to the tiny rooms you often get in London. Simone at reception was very accommodating also and we felt instantly welcome. Breakfast was lovely and amenities in the room of a high standard. Only drawback - we had fancied a drink in the room but no mini bar or alcohol served for some reason. Not the end of the world though and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
La_Suite_West, General Manager at La Suite West - Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Dear Charlotte,

Thank you for your lovely review.

Your comments were a pleasure to read and I was pleased to learn that Simone was accommodating and made you feel welcome. This is very important to us and please rest assured that I will personally share your kind comments with all those concerned.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best,

Reviewed August 5, 2014

-Great location in the Paddington area, convenient for taking the Heathrow Express train and really close to two tube stations on the best lines to move around.
-Room very nicely decorated, with a kitchen sink and some glasses and cups, tea/coffee-making facilities and a small fridge, actually the mini-bar, but also useful to keep your own healthy eating items ;-)
-Absolutely spotless bathroom, towels and bed-linen.
-Newspaper delivered every morning.
-Really private/independent: an electric panel at the door shows whether you're in the room. If so, the cleaners will not disturb you and will come and do your room later.
-Only drawbacks: breakfast not included and a little noise from tube and some machine outside (air-conditioning?).

Room Tip: 202 was alright.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Tere G

Dear Tere,

Thank you for chosing to stay with us and we were delighted to read that all your expectations were met!

We hope to see you soon.

Kind regards,