Enjoyment of any stay in this hotel will be dictated by your appreciation of black as a decorative feature. Its prevalence renders the accommodation extremely dark, with tension and foreboding the primary emotions evoked, and these exacerbated by the employment of wooden grates instead of wardrobe doors, referencing, apparently, prison bars. The white parts of the building naturally appear rather shabby, as they show all the dirt. My room totally lacked windows, which enhanced the sensation of claustrophobia. I like a light room, so did not enjoy staying here. That's a matter of preference, though; my partner found it just to his taste.
The ground floor rooms do not benefit from hot water until the evening. This is not acceptable and is the main reason for the poor rating. The taps run a cool luke-warm, not suitable for washing. This was explained as normal for the ground floor.
- Very large bathroom and good-sized bedroom
- Very numerous and attentive waiting staff
- Close to tube stops (Bayswater and Queensway)
- Very nice tea!
- Sink in room for kettle and cups (Room 18)
- Two gigantic TVs in room
- Complimentary newspaper
- Extremely ugly decor
- No hot water
- Much noise emitting from technical unit and constant drain outflow in internal courtyard, and tube trains beneath the hotel
- No breakfast buffet; everything a la carte
- Breakfast extremely slow to arrive
- Metal grid by which room 18 is accessed poses health hazard to ladies in heels
- Request for quiet room on second floor and with window not respected
- Room not cleaned during stay; turndown service only
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- London's newest luxury boutique hotel.Located on a quiet street on the edge of London's magnificent Hyde Park and close to the West End and Paddington, is the minimalist and latest creation of famed British designer Anouska Hempel.Ranked one of the world’s top 100 interior designers and architects, Anouska Hempel has also made a name for herself in landscape design and high fashion and has owned, designed, and managed several award-winning, luxury boutique hotels.Here at La Suite West, the aesthetic takes the shape of a stark temple of black and white, where clean lines meet sharp angles and sculptural forms. A corridor of inky-black marble floors leads guests up to an unusually long white marble reception desk.In the garden, crisp lines and sculptural forms that characterise the hotels interior are echoed in meticulously pruned plants, trees and hedges. Leading from the hotel restaurant, food and beverage service is available, making it the perfect location for cocktails or afternoon tea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Cheap Tickets so you can book your La Suite West - Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Suite West - Hyde Park London, England