Enjoyment of any stay in this hotel will be dictated by your appreciation of black as a decorative feature. Its prevalence renders the accommodation extremely dark, with tension and foreboding the primary emotions evoked, and these exacerbated by the employment of wooden grates instead of wardrobe doors, referencing, apparently, prison bars. The white parts of the building naturally appear rather shabby, as they show all the dirt. My room totally lacked windows, which enhanced the sensation of claustrophobia. I like a light room, so did not enjoy staying here. That's a matter of preference, though; my partner found it just to his taste.
The ground floor rooms do not benefit from hot water until the evening. This is not acceptable and is the main reason for the poor rating. The taps run a cool luke-warm, not suitable for washing. This was explained as normal for the ground floor.
- Very large bathroom and good-sized bedroom
- Very numerous and attentive waiting staff
- Close to tube stops (Bayswater and Queensway)
- Very nice tea!
- Sink in room for kettle and cups (Room 18)
- Two gigantic TVs in room
- Complimentary newspaper
- Extremely ugly decor
- No hot water
- Much noise emitting from technical unit and constant drain outflow in internal courtyard, and tube trains beneath the hotel
- No breakfast buffet; everything a la carte
- Breakfast extremely slow to arrive
- Metal grid by which room 18 is accessed poses health hazard to ladies in heels
- Request for quiet room on second floor and with window not respected
- Room not cleaned during stay; turndown service only
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the simplicity and tranquillity of La Suite West Hotel. Here you'll find some of the most soothing and welcoming accommodation in the city. Perfectly positioned on a quiet tree lined street on the edge of London's magnificent Hyde Park and close to the West End and Paddington, this boutique hotel is the minimalist and state of focus creation by famed British designer Anouska Hempel. Settle into a comfortable room that fosters a sense of serenity from the moment you step inside. Minimalist décor and the latest technology combine to create a vibe that's enticingly modern yet decidedly Zen. Free wireless Internet access and a delicious complimentary hot breakfast buffet which includes freshly made smoothies are just a few of the perks when you book direct. Grab an energizing workout at the well-equipped fitness centre and then unwind in our tranquil terrace. Outside crisp lines and sculptural forms that characterise the hotels interior are echoed in meticulously pruned plants, trees and hedges. Leading from the hotel RAW restaurant, food and beverage service is available, making it the perfect location for mock tails or afternoon tea. Discover the perfect balance of comfort, technology and style at la Suite West Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, ACCOR, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your La Suite West - Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Suite West - Hyde Park London, England