“Free wifi and good location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Suite West - Hyde Park

La Suite West - Hyde Park
Ranked #413 of 1,070 Hotels in London
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Free wifi and good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

PROS
- free wifi! Being one of those people who likes to stay connected, this was a huge bonus. The wifi connection was pretty good and fast.
- Good location in Bayswater; near the Bayswater and Queensway stations, and close to Tesco Express and Sainsburys and a number of Asian food outlets
- Neat and clean rooms
- Plenty of power sockets in the room, including some next to the bed
- Comfy bed and pillows (though my bed was a little high).
- Bathroom floor was heated. I liked this :)

CONS
- Signage outside is rather small, which made it tricky for the taxi driver to locate.
- Corridors are rather dimly lit.
- Did not like that my room (and my parents' room) had to be accessed via stairs. Only a few steps, but it's tiresome when you have heavy bags with you.
- No toothbrush and still water provided in the rooms. Had to ask the front desk for them. Took a whole day for a bottle of still water to get to my room, though.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed 1 night, 30/11/2012 in double room with evening meal & breakfast. Entire hotel is very dark & looks quite seedy as totally black & white and bathroom was smallest we've ever had in a hotel. Evening meal service was very slow but food quite nice. Breakfast, however, wasn't good...just ordered tea, coffee & 2 English breakfasts, our tea & coffee arrived after around a 10 minute wait and our cooked breakfast arrived over one hour after we had ordered it!!!! Had to complain 3 or 4 times before our cooked breakfasts eventually showed up! Many other guests were also joining in with us complaining to the waitresses that they were waiting unacceptable lengths of time for their food to arrive & we all commented together that it was like staying at Faulty Towers.

Very, very, very poor standard of service was experienced by many of us guests during our one night stay there. Please do not book to stay there as it isn't a pleasant experience and it is very, very over-priced for the standard of service they offer. We have stayed in many different types of hotels & guest houses in our time but never have we received such terrible service from staff, absolutely awful place it is.

Room Tip: Just don't book, try another hotel in the same area, but avoid this one!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
9 Thank w00dhead
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Very nice hotel, was given a upgrade upon arrival which was great.
The staff was friendly and helpful.
The room was very modern.
I've been in many hotels worldwide and I have to say this is one of the best hotels I've been in.
Will use this hotel again that's for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shilly14
vienna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We had a twin room, which surprised us positively with its size : pretty good for London - we even had a niche with two big armchairs. The beds were big and comfy and the minibar was full of good things (tea&coffee available). There are some hangers and drawers for clothes - not too much, but was enough for a girlie weekend. The bathroom is small but nice - the shower is excellent. We liked the minimalistic black&white decor, lots of mirrors. The best : our room was very quiet.
Concierge and receptionists were efficient, fast and helpful. There are two underground stations around the corner and we walked from Paddington (max 15 min.). I'll be definitely back soon !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank lin23
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I booked this hotel through Living Social and were expecting a nice little hotel. I dropped off my bag the day before, and the staff could not have been more helpful and welcoming. When we checked in we were upgraded free of charge, and had an absolutely wonderful room with lots of fun mod-cons. The underfloor heating in the bathroom was lovely, the fluffy dressing gowns were fab, the disappearing TV was perfect (my pet peev is a TV dominating the room) and the whole room was so comfortable.

We dined in the restaurant both evenings, despite knowing many restaurants in London that I like - that's how good the food was. Presentation was immaculate, the dishes were very tasty and interesting (not just touristy English food) and the staff were so helpful and pleasant.

Breakfast the next day was ample; my husband had a superb full English, and I had Eggs Benedict, and you get all the trimmings as included (pastries, toast and jams, juices etc). Particularly with deals, you can find that you're charged for everything, but that certainly was not the case here. They couldn't have done more.

I honestly wanted to find one little thing wrong with this hotel to ensure that I'd leave, but genuinely couldn't. We had such a wonderful time, and would definitely return here and pay full price for such a lovely stay with such wonderful staff. Really great experience.

Room Tip: We had a room which faced Inverness Terrace, which was definitely quiet enough.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is my first TP review. I have signed up just to leave a review because I was so impressed.

My customer experience at La Suite West was fantastic.

I was staying in the Inverness Suite and I was more than happy with what the room had to offer. The bathroom was entirely marble and had underfloor heating and a powerful rain head shower. There were also samples of Molton Brown products. The bed was very comfy. The suite was very clean. I had room service on various occasions and I was impressed with the friendly and speedy service. The hotel itself is located in Bayswater which is a walk away from Hyde Park and the main tube station - it is very well located. Knightsbridge is a 15-20 minute walk.

There is a mini bar in the room which is a £50 deposit a night which was not mentioned until I checked into the hotel - but if you don't have anything from the mini bar then it is refunded, unless you do have something, in which case they deduct from the deposit and give you the difference.

The staff are helpful, friendly and always happy to help. Nothing is too much.

My only fault with this hotel is that it is located in the Bayswater area. It attracts a lot of students and foreign nationals. It is surrounding in cheap / budget hotels. However once you are in L.S.W you forget about that and you can soon start relaxing in the luxurious bedrooms. I did on 2-3 occasions (in the 3 days I stayed) hear the tube vibrate the room and I was on the 1st floor. However this is a Victorian building and is expected.

La Suite West is on par with The Dorchester.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank THOMAS M
Bratislava, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We have been very suprised by the very nice and new hotel. At the time of our stay if was opened for half a year, so almost new. It was clean and bathroom was very nice, cleaning was spotless. The only negative was the quality of food during night, which couldnt compare to really great room service food during the day. The location is also very close to the centre.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple