Stayed at the IC over a weekend in early August with my wife and family and as Ambassador Members were upgraded.
We negotiated a deal for an upgrade to the Club Lounge on arrival which was great value as it included a great breakfast with lots of fresh fruit (including raspberries, blueberries and strawberries) and unusually, a breakfast cooked to order!! Not served lukewarm from self servers as usual in most hotels.
Enjoyed unlimited soft drinks, tea, coffee and nibbles all day, and a very happy "2 hour happy hour" with Moet and Chandon and all other beer, wine and spirits etc. Geat canapes and cheese, biscuits and other snacks. We found no need for a formal evening meal after our time in the lounge.
Interesting to meet the Club Manager again, when we last met her, she was in the IC Sydney in March 2009. Great service again, thank you.
Despite what might apear from above, we did go out, and the hotel is well located close to parks, west end and other tourist locations. Tip - travelled from St Pancras by tube and changed at Green Park onto line to Hyde Park. We walked so far underground at the interchange that it was quicker to get on/off at Green Park.
Good quality hotel and I would use it again.
Only negative comment, despite staying over a weekend (sat/sun) when we thought prices would be lower, quite expensive!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once the site of a royal residence, InterContinental London Park Lane is now the epitome of modern elegance. Located between Mayfair and Knightsbridge in view of Buckingham Palace, the hotel is not far from the Tower of London, Big Ben and Trafalgar Square. Also worth seeing is the Victoria and Albert Museum, Madame Tussauds and The National Portrait Gallery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental London Park Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotel London
- InterContinental London Park Lane England