“Great Hotel and Service for Engagement Weekend”

InterContinental London Park Lane
Ranked #192 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 7, 2010

I chose the Intercontinental to surprise my girlfriend and pop the question... The hotel customer service was aware of my plans and they made our stay something both of us will not forget!!!
We got upgraded to a suite and they surprised us with complementary champagne and cake. I asked the customer service to also provide chocolate and flowers, I trusted them on that and I was completely right! All was just PERFECT!!!

When I checked in, all the staff at reception kept on talking about the bunch of roses they got for my girlfriend and I understood why when I opened the door of the room!

It was perfect and they obviously won two customers. We will definitely go back, maybe for our wedding anniversaries :-)))

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ben_steph
There are newer reviews for InterContinental London Park Lane

Reviewed March 7, 2010

This hotel is OK but not great for the price you pay

Check In is very tedious was told that the rooms are ready but they have to be checked had to wait another 20-25 mins waiting for the rooms

Rooms are nice and large altho the view of another wall is very boring, the dark wood and colours of the room also feel a bit dated and could do with some work, although the TV's had a great selection of stations, but the alarm clock is the other side of the room

Housekeeping really need to be able to speak the language, was offered turn down, asked them to come back after we left and was given an odd look and no turndown

Concierge are very good and helpful booked everything we needed and gave us all the details needed

so could do better as there is many more better and cheaper hotels in the area

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2010

This was my second stay at this fine hotel and was just as good as my first, 18 months ago. You can't beat the Park Lane location and I found the staff to be extremely helpful and friendly. The concierge got me a good seat (on short notice) to the soccer game I wanted to attend and he made an excellent pub recommendation (Audley in Mayfair) when I told him I wanted a good shepherd's pie. The rooms are elegant and spotlessly clean, very comfortable bed and linens and the bathrooms are well-appointed. The shower has great water pressure - often a surprise in Europe. I also enjoyed the breakfast buffet in the open, sunny dining room, which has a nice, contemporary feel. Room service was quick and the food was good. I was very comfortable and felt taken care of there, and won't hesitate to return!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2010

Stayed at this hotel over the weekend with 2 friends. Got a good deal out of Hotwire and got a big room with a Queen bed + a roll-out single bed. The latter was a bit soft to my taste but I slept very well on it, nevertheless.
The location of the hotel is great. It's away from all the agitation but yet close to Picadilly Circus. You can walk there easily if 15-20min walks don't scare you. Otherwise, the tube station is a few minutes walk away, on the Picadilly line, meaning the tube is always pretty crowded (when it runs...).
The room (#258) was big enough for 3 adults, good bathroom, really nice shower! Amenities were good too. The second day, we were missing a third set of towels (seems this happens all the time, no matter if it's a 3 or 5 stars). I called the front desk and in less than 5 minutes, I had the towels! Great service and friendly staff.
I would definitely recommend it if you can get it for good value.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 1, 2010

Stayed with my wife over the weekend - comfortable and enjoyable stay in a superior room. Reasonably positioned hotel with a 20 minute walk to Piccadilly Circus.
Room was spotlessly clean and large - all staff friendly and attentive. The bathroom was small but adequate and had Elemis extras for washing/shampooing etc.
We did not eat any food in the hotel. Breakfast was a ridiculous price so we found several places within a 5 minute walk ( in Shepherd Market ) who did cooked breakfast for 2 people for about £10 - £20.
Other than breakfast eating, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2010

Located between Hyde and St. James’ Parks, this hotel is the place to be in London if you’re up to non-stop sightseeing. A very elegant lobby, restaurant and bar. A room that is classic but yet contemporary (mine had a small balcony with fantastic views of the city). The room was very well maintained and housekeeping was flawless – also putting together a great turndown service. The staff were fantastic. I cannot stress this enough. It is very hard to find a hotel where everyone - from housekeeper, porter to general manager – wishes you a good day as they walk past you. A golden star goes to reception, especially Chloe, who was fantastic. The business center was very well appointed and manned. I walked through the fitness center and it was clean and had state of the art equipment. I wish I had stayed here for a little longer, to be able to fully enjoy their hospitality, but I will surely stay nowhere else when returning to London.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Inspector_to_be
Reviewed February 24, 2010

Allocated 'superior' smoking bedroom, which was a good size with comfortable bed and fittings, but the bathroom was far too small for a five star hotel, and the parking, @ £50 per 24 hours, is outragous, especially as it is also charged for disabled drivers who do not bring their car through choice, but by necessity. Great staff, alaws willing to help whatever the request.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business