“Spa day”

InterContinental London Park Lane
Ranked #189 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Yesterday my husband and I went to Inter continental London Park Lane Hotel for Spa treatment . It is a birthday present from my grand-daughter ( who is only 3 years old ) to say thank you for looking after her all these times !
On arriving we were offered champagne and some fruits . After relaxing for sometimes we were directed to our private steam room . There were a container of mud for the body and some cream for the face . After 40 minutes we came out of the steam room to the shower room . Then we went to a lounge to meet 2 gorgeous beautician who took us to a room for facial massage ( this is the best part of the treatment ) ! After that we went back to the private lounge to have our box lunch with champagne again . The box lunch is good portion and delicious ! I travel a lot and always like to have massage or spa treatment and I must said this is the very best !

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear susahati,

Thank you for your review of your recent Spa InterContinental experience. What a lovely present from your gran-daughter! It was a pleasure reading that you had a truly relaxing and calming time with us and enjoyed our steam temple and facial massage.

I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. Once again I would like to wish you a happy birthday and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 13, 2014

If you are staying in a large chain hotel then you will not be surprised by everything being to a certain standard and this one is no exception. The standard is very high, the staff attentive and the hotel immaculate. The only minor issue is that it has no character. It is superbly located however and is recommended for those wanting great access to the centre of London.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear jimthefisher,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and for commending our staff in general. I am glad to learn that you have enjoyed hotel facilities and locations.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental London Park Lane on your next visit to London.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 12, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Intercontinental London Park Lane while on vacation in London. It was lovely.

Pros:
-Location. What a spot! The hotel is snuggled in between Hyde Park and Green Park/Buckingham. For vacationers, it's a wonderful location. The Hyde Park corner stop was just around the corner. The Green Park stop (which accesses three lines instead of just one) is just down the block.
-Very nice staff. They were all very friendly and helpful during our entire stay.
-The room was roomy; especially when compared to European standards.

Cons:
-WiFi. For the price, you can't throw in free WiFi? I'm sure they do it because they can; however, it leaves me feeling like, after paying a hefty per night rate, I'm being nickle and dimed by a luxury hotel. Silly.
-Bar service. The bar was fine and the drinks were good. Just took quite a while to get someone's attention and then another while before we ever got our drinks. Surprising as other areas of the hotel (i.e. front desk, door men, etc.) were very well staffed but the wait staff in the bar seemed to be stretched quite thin.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Amanda N,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental London Park Lane and for taking the time to share your review with us. I could not agree with you more that the location of the hotel is in a perfect setting to explore all what the city has to offer. We are very lucky indeed.

I also would like to thank you for commending our employees in general. I will definitely pass this information to the team.

We do try to remain competitive with other London hotels, but we are pleased to share that later in the year complimentary internet will be introduced for our members as part of the IHG Rewards Programme.

I would like to apologise for the shortcomings that you have encountered at the bar. Please be assured that this is not indicative of our usual service. And I have passed this information to the Head of Department concerned.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope to welcome you back at InterContinental London Park Lane in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed May 10, 2014

My experience of this hotel was ok, not really what i expected from the stay. The room was compact, the bathroom was nothing special. The service in the bar and at breakfast was informal and for afternoon tea a little too informal/over familiar. The content of the afternoon tea was though very good.
I am a platinum elite member of IHG hotels and would not stay here again. It does not represent good value for money - the metropol over the road is much better.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear Dmlt,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at InterContinental London Park Lane. I am pleased to see that you found the content of Afternoon Tea to your likings. I do have to agree that the selection and quality is very high and I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the same experience.

As I understand we did not meet all your expectations on your last visit, please let us know your preferences prior to your arrival in future so we can accommodate you. We do have a number of different room types and sizes of which we do try as much as possible to show on our website parklane.intercontinental.com so that guests can make the appropriate choice.

Warm regards,

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Just checked out from the InterContinental London Park Lane, was there for 7 amazing nights! The location is perfect for everything that I wanted to do; watch musicals, see the museums and shop! It's just in the middle of Green Park and Hyde Park and just in front of the hotel is the Wellington Arch.

Almost everything is walking distance, I just walked to and from Knightsbridge, Buckingham Palace, Natural Museum History and the Oxford Circus shopping belt.

Had a room overlooking Green Park and the Wellington Arch, fab view especially on a sunny day. I must say that it's quite a spacious room based on London standards, just didn't fancy much the shower in tub configuration of the bathroom. Everything else is spot on.

The Fitness Suite on level 1 is quite good! Quite a number of cardio machines, free weights and machines, liked that there are apples everyday in the gym, really nice touch.

The Concierge, Front desk and Bellmen were very helpful and friendly and would always give you a genuine smile.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor overlooking Green Park
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Dear Pao_Tan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us after your stay at InterContinental London Park Lane. The location of the hotel could not be better! We are very lucky to be in the centre of London with easy access to all major locations for theatres, museums and shops.

Thank you for commenting on the Fitness Suite. It is great to receive some feedback on our facilities. However, what makes me very proud is the positive words about the service. It is comments like these that enable us to motivate our team to reach greater heights.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we sincerely hope you will afford us another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I went to this hotel only with my husband. The rooms were great with airconditioning. The system took away the smoking fumes, which was great for me as I don't like smoking at all.

The staff were all great. I really liked the duty manager who got us a free welcome drink when there was a 10 minute delay. There was nibbles anyway, which takes the sting out of arriving and just wanting to hurry to your room.

The location was very good and the views fantastic. You can walk to Selfridges from here and also to Mayfair.
We cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear N Elena C,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental London Park Lane for your recent stay and for your positive comments about your recent stay at the hotel. It is comments like these that enable us to motivate our team to achieve greater heights.

Best wishes,

Reviewed May 5, 2014

My friend and I visited the spa last month. We were met with five star plus treatment, it was amazing and I would highly recommend it to anyone. The staff were extremely attentive, drink and nibbles on arrival whilst filling in new client paperwork. The therapists were wonderful, the spa was perfect, extremely tranquil, clean and relaxing. The changing facilities were brilliant, ample room to hang your clothes and refresh before leaving.
Being a regular spa goer this has to be the best by far - I can't wait to book in again for further treatments and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing memorable experience...

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Tracy H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. I am very pleased to read your comments about the Spa InterContinental. The team will be thrilled as it is greatly appreciated when their efforts are recognised.

I would like to let you know that we have just recently launched new Spa Brand – SUNDÃR.

SUNDÃRI is one of the world's leading luxury spa brands. Based on the ancient medical science of Ayurveda, the line of products and treatments are designed to combine Ayurveda principles, modern technology and therapeutic grade oils to nurture healthy skin through a sense of well-being. To put it simply, SUNDÃRI promotes health and beauty by balancing the mind, body and spirit.

Spa InterContinental team is delighted to be offering a range of luxury personalised SUNDÃRI treatments to our guests. The treatment menu has been designed exclusively for the Spa and consists of a variety of treatments including a Signature Spa Treatment, pregnancy and children's treatments.

SUNDÃRI will exist alongside of the current British Spa brand Elemis, which will allow us to offer a wider range of treatments and experiences for our guests.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our Spa in the near future so you can try this wonderful new range.

Kind regards,