“Fabulous hotel”

Ranked #153 of 1,068 Hotels in London
England
“Fabulous hotel”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here overnight when visiting London for a theatre visit for his birthday. We had planned to drop our bags and return later to check in at the appropriate time. We were very pleased to be able to checkin long before the allocated time and unpack before our theatre visit. The room was very nice and spotlessly clean, it was very well equipped. The hotel was aware that it was my husbands birthday and arranged a few nice touches in our room for that. Breakfast was fabulous, lots of choice to suit any palette. All in all a fabulous time!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Bunty50,

Thank your for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and your comments have been shared amongst the team.

I am so pleased that you chose to spend your husband’s birthday here at InterContinental London Park Lane. As you mentioned, it is often those small touches and moments one remember most after a hotel stay.

Once again, thank you for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed October 23, 2013

it's hard to find a good value for money in London, however this gets as close as I've ever been: spacious rooms in a cosy location with decent service, nice bar and everything being very practical. The breakfast though is a space for improvement: coffee tasts terrible, food selection is unusually limited and they seem to be rushing you like it's a fast food joint.

Room Tip: this time really nothing comes to my mind
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank asmigi
Dear asmigi,

Thank your for taking the time to review the hotel here at Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to learn that you have found the hotel as good value for money. However, I would like to apologise that we did not fulfil your breakfast expectations on this particular visit. InterContinetal London Park Lane is an iconic landmark hotel in London with a great history and known for its high level of service. I am sorry that you did not get the same feeling during your stay. I am very confident that what you experienced is not the norm

Once again, thank you for sharing your observations with us. It is only with such feedback we can improve upon the service we provide to all of our guests. I do hope we will get the chance to welcome you back to InterContinental London Park Lane.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 14,509 helpful votes
Reviewed October 20, 2013

this stay comes after two years no show from me
the service and every thing very good
the cook book cafe very good the nice break buffet the friendly staff from the chefs to the waitresses and waiters
house also doing great --- by the way one i forget my safety box open -- i went to a trip to Milton Keynes i came back after noon i discovered what i did
by checking my safety i found every thing OK
the location of the hotel good
they handle my membership matters good

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank bnghanem
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear bnghanem,

Thank your kind feedback and for choosing InterContinental London Park Lane for your recent stay. Our aim is to provide our guest with memorable experiences and I am delighted to learn that we were able to leave a positive impression.The team will be thrilled as it is greatly appreciated when their efforts are recognised.

We trust that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards
Reviewed October 20, 2013

this mayfair hotel came with power converters which was convenient, the room was small for americans but large by european standards, excellent neighborhood in what is essentially the best neighborhood in central london

Room Tip: ask for an outward facing room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bggz7c
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear bbgz7c,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. London is truly a remarkable city, and I could not agree with you more that the location of the hotel is in a perfect setting to explore all what the city has to offer.

I hope that we will be welcoming you back at InterContinental London Park Lane.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Oh my, so much so good, so much okay......

This is a great location with great facilities and beautifully appointed (but maybe a little small) rooms. The club lounge is a treat with incredible views and a great breakfast selection and at other times of the day a strong array of nibbles and drinks. As it should be since room rates including lounge access are not inexpensive.

There is, as others have commented, the issue of non native English speaking staff and we did find ourselves having to repeat things - hardly a major drawback to us. The concierge desk was very busy a lot of the time and we did feel they hadn't enough time to help us as they might have done at quieter times

Completely confused by the window policies - they only open a very little for health and safety reasons apparently but our friends were upgraded to a room with a balcony! Presumably therefore it's ok to fall off the balcony but not out of the window! I do like windows that open fully but at least this was better than those hotels with hermetically sealed windows where it's impossible to get any fresh air.

The Theo Randall restaurant is a big plus in terms of the fabulous food but the room itself is a little odd and lacking intimacy. Still loved it though.

In summary, service a little haphazard at times, drinks very expensive, club lounge great, rooms a tad on the small side for the price - even in Park Lane. The Four Seasons is opposite and though a little more expensive is superior to the Intercontinental.

Wouldn't hesitate to go back though if I thought I'd get a larger room with a balcony and lots and lots of fresh air!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Oliver V
Dear Oliver V,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at the InterContinental London Park Lane and we appreciate your feedback in regards to the concierge. The information has been passed to the Head of Department.

We highly appreciate our guests’ comments as they help us to improve our service, ensuring that we deliver an experience in line with our guests’ expectations. I would like to apologise for any shortcomings that you have encountered.

InterContinental London Park Lane prides itself on Health and Safety Standards. Our guest safety is very importance to us and also to eliminate risk whilst in our surroundings. Based on that, no window in the hotel will open more than 10cm, unless it does have a balcony as you mentioned.

We look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Bath
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Morning from what must be one if the most comfortable beds ( apart from the Starwood heavenly bed), very peaceful hotel although on very busy junction . Helpful staff and reasonable rates for a west end hotel .
Will definitely be back . Going back to sleep now

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank psb21972
Dear psb21972,

Thank you for sharing your experience of InterContiental London Park Lane and as always I am thrilled to see that the service you experienced was praiseworthy. It is very pleasing to read that you will be returning back.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hudson, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I've become a bit of regular at the Intercontinental Park Lane through the past few years as it is my go-to hotel for using my "free night" Priority Club Ambassador perk.
So beyond the free night, I have to start with the overall 5 star level of service offered by the entire staff - from welcome by the bell staff and reception staff to the housekeeping staff to the bar and dining staff - simply superb. Attentive and nice without being overly so... I don't know how they do it.. but the training program must be exceptional.
The hotel lobby is under-stated, simple with a nice fragrance in the air and is really very welcoming.
The rooms are smallish - typical London-size - with a bit of a "Laura Ashley" type decor- or perhaps English modern is a better description. The rooms are very nice - I especially like the bookshelf with a selection of books to choose.. of course all the greatest British authors are represented. The bathroom is also small - with no separate shower stall. Amenities in the room are very, very nice especially the plush bathrobes.
The bar and dining facilities including room service offer a large selection and excellent overall quality of food and drink.. but note everything is very expensive.. even for London.
The hotel is located opposite Hyde Park Corner tube station - very easy to take the tube anywhere in London. It's also a very easy walk up Picadilly street - approx. 15 minutes walking to Picadilly Circus.
I highly recommend the IC Park Lane.... high quality service and fantastic overall experience.

Room Tip: outer street/Hyde Park facing rooms are the best option
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear JDERV,

This is wonderful feedback and I thank you for your kind and enthusiastic words. I am always particularly delighted when it is mentioned how good the service is, as I know how much effort the teams put into every guest interaction. It is comments like these that enable us to motivate our team to achieve greater heights.

Thank you once again, and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes,