For the star rating I expected a few more bells and whistles. At least a warm welcome from staff. But the receptionist refused to hand over the key till she had seen my passport, which was packed in my bag. Other London hotels handled the passport request more kindly and civilly (we stayed at 2 other hotels). Certainly the hotel is clean and well presented, but it seems to lack life and soul. And the automated minibar meant we were charged for a drink that we moved to make way for some fresh milk. The hotel is very popular with middle eastern visitors, so perhaps the tone is set to suit them. It doesn't suit me, though, and I won't be staying again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once the site of a royal residence, InterContinental London Park Lane is now the epitome of modern elegance. Located between Mayfair and Knightsbridge in view of Buckingham Palace, the hotel is not far from the Tower of London, Big Ben and Trafalgar Square. Also worth seeing is the Victoria and Albert Museum, Madame Tussauds and The National Portrait Gallery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental London Park Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotel London
- InterContinental London Park Lane England