“Superb stay in a great hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of InterContinental London Park Lane

InterContinental London Park Lane
Ranked #132 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Tetbury, United Kingdom
“Superb stay in a great hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We have nothing but praise for the hotel. We were given an upgrade to a suite which was a very nice surprise, it made our stay even more enjoyable. We paid to access the club lounge as we normally do on our visits. The lounge was quiet and very relaxing after a long day sightseeing. The food is always good,but I must say breakfast was excellent with plenty of fresh fruit and cold meats as well as an excellent choice of hot food.
Our room was fantastic, with lovely extras by way of high quality toiletries and fresh fruit platter.
Thank you everyone this was our best stay ever!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Toptown

Thank your for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and your comments have been shared amongst the team.

Once again, thank you for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

A pleasant stay from start to finish, which you would expect from this brand. Check-in staff were polite and attentive, and also provided us with a room upgrade (without even asking). Room was a good size, some good tech (i.e. Bose iPod sound-dock, B&O TV), with a really comfortable bed. Only downside (it's a personal thing maybe) was the fact it was a bath / shower combined....i expect hotels of this stature to provide a separate showering facility in the bathroom.

Used the spa also - very good treatment, but I think it's over-priced compared to other places...but that's probably just the Mayfair premium causing this!

Overall, a nice stay and a hotel that I would return back to.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear LittleRich

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you in the not too distant future.

Falkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

This hotel is in an excellent location for shopping in Knightsbridge and up Piccadilly and Bond Street areas.
We had 3 adults staying in one room, my parents and myself, therefore we asked for an additional bed to be put in the room - this was a single bed on wheels and very low to the ground (see pics) but comfortable enough for a good nights sleep. The main bed was a large Queen Size bed. The room was very nice and spacious with a good view over Green Park. Plenty of power outputs and hairdryer was off a good quality. Huge windows let in lots of natural light. The menu on the TV was quite annoying as you had to go through 3 or 4 menu choices before you could simply watch the TV.
I found the concierge team to be very helpful and courteous. We did not eat or drink in the hotel as we only stayed on night however the dining and bar areas look very enticing.

Room Tip: Room 504 was an excellent room. Heard no noise from the hallway, high enough not to hear road noise...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Falkirk_chick02

Thank you for sharing your experience at InterContinental London Park Lane. It is always great to receive positive comments and I will certainly pass them on to our team.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to London.

Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

This hotel ticks all the boxes for London! Great Location-Yes,
Atmosphere and ambience-Yes
Value for money-Yes
Creature Comforts-Yes
Attentive staff-Yes
Food and wine-Yes
Highlight-High Tea overlooking Wellington monument Hyde Park. We enjoyed one of the best high teas I have had in London. Or waiter was so lovely and informative with suggestions and special diet requests catered for perfectly. The club floor of this hotel would be great, it was fully booked however.

Room Tip: Try to get a club floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear travelmarsha

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and your kind comments. I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your recent afternoon tea experience with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Enjoyed our stay here. Well located for London and also near to Hyde park corner tube and a 10 minute walk to Green Park tube.

Managed to get an early check in and the front desk staff were very polite and amenable. The staff we encountered all said hello when passing. The feel of the hotel is nice and you know you are in a good hotel.

The rooms were of a nice size, well appointed and maintained. We had a room facing the inner courtyard, so no view to speak of. The noise of the outside air conditioning was noticeable at night, but I still managed to get to sleep. Bed was comfortable.

We thought the charges for extra facilities, wifi, mini-bar etc was very high. Also the room service menu and the price of breakfast was very expensive. Tray charge for room service was £5 per person, which is higher than most hotels I have stayed in. I suppose you expect this in a 5* hotel, but I think hotels should have free wifi as standard for guests now.

All in all a good stay and would come stay here again, not least for its good location.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear MysticManc

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your kind comments about the hotel and front desk staff are highly appreciated. Thank you for your feedback in regards to the charges for minibar and wifi. We do try to remain competitive with other London hotels.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Kind regards,

North Berwick Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Booked using hotwire and WOW! This hotel is spectacular. The Mayfair location is convenient to public transportation, shopping, the West End, and wonderful dining. The staff is a group of dedicated professionals. I'd stay here again and again.

Dear crewsaustin

Thank you for sending us your kind feedback and for choosing InterContinental London Park Lane for your recent stay. Our aim is to provide our guest with memorable experiences and I am delighted to learn that we were able to leave a positive impression.

We trust that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Gilford, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have stayed here several times. I will begin with the good: The Club, the Club, the Club. If you get a room category with Club access, it is golden. It is a beautiful space with an enormously high ceiling and floor to ceiling windows looking out over the Wellington Arch and Green Park. I usually work at the hotel during the day, and I like to do it at the Club because it is better lit than the rooms and you have all day access to soft drinks and coffee and such. In addition, they have a nice breakfast spread (I always enjoy their bowls full of berries especially), snacks around teatime, and then cocktail hour in the evening, also with food. If you did it right, you would hardly need to eat outside of the hotel if you have Club access. Then again, if you are on a budget, you're probably not staying at this hotel anyway. So I love the Club when we can get it. You can always purchase access for 75 pounds/day, but I don't love it that much!

The rooms are nice. Nothing special, but nothing bad. Comfortable beds. Good gym. Room service is expensive, but there is an extensive menu and the food is good. The doormen are lovely, friendly gentlemen who always have a smile and a friendly word for you. They make me feel like I'm coming home each time I return. And when I come back from a run, they are always there with a bottle of water and a towel for me. Speaking of running, the location is great. I love being across a street from both Hyde Park and Green Park. You are steps away from the Hyde Park Corner tube stop and several bus stations. Victoria Station is maybe a 20 minute walk. Another little detail that I like - I am addicted to diet cokes, and you normally only get 2 in the minibar. The guy that fills the minibar always removes the cokes and replaces them with more diet cokes for me so that I have a larger supply. I love little attentions like that. On my last stay, I was also fortunate to work with a very friendly and helpful gentleman in the business center. In general, the staff is very nice.

I don't have too much negative feedback. Internet is inconsistent, which is a big minus for me. On our last stay, we requested a newspaper and didn't get it. I just picked one up from the business center, so no big deal, but they shouldn't ask us if we want a newspaper if they are not going to bring us one. One thing that really bothered me 2 stays ago was that we had Club access, but nobody ever told us. We figured it out mid-week, but I had already missed 3 days of access at that point. As you would gather from my writing above, I really use the Club when I have access, so I missed a lot by not being informed I had access.

We generally split our time between the InterContinental and the Cadogan when we are in London. The last couple of trips have been with the InterContinental because we recently regained Royal Ambassador status, so we get great perks like free minibar, early and late checkout, room upgrade if available, etc..., so it makes staying here very compelling. Given the problems with internet on our last stay though, I think we might switch back to the Cadogan next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear catie3

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and your kind comments about the Club and our staff. I am sorry for the service shortfalls you experienced on your recent stay. I will be sharing and addressing these issues with the relevant department and ensure that these are not repeated again.