“Imaculate, Comfortable and Excellent location”

InterContinental London Park Lane
Ranked #161 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Lisburn, United Kingdom
“Imaculate, Comfortable and Excellent location”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night as a two day Easter break treat. That is our only regret, as we wish we could have stayed a few nights longer to take time to relax and enjoy the comfort and warm ambiance of this excellent hotel. Location is very convenient and within easy walking distance to Buckingham Palace, Harrods, Knightsbridge, Bond Street, Oxford Street etc. We booked a superior double room which was a very good size with views over looking Hyde Park. It was private, quite, softly styled, immaculate and very comfortable. The King size bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was excellent size and well equipped, with a great shower. We enjoyed listening to our iPod via the Bose remote music system. We pre-booked full breakfast and would recommend as it was excellent value with wide range of choice. On the negative side, we found the air conditioning was to warm and would not cool at night. We assumed that we had not been given bath robes/slippers - because we only found them the next morning by accident in a top shelf in the wardrobe opposite the bathroom! We would have appreciated hotel staff explaining faculties on our arrival - again we only discovered the mini bar/tea making facilities when leaving the next day located in a side part of the wardrobe. That said, we would have no problem recommending this hotel, we enjoyed our short stay and would like to go back and stay longer next time.

1 Thank dkn7
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear dkn7

Thank you for sharing your experience at InterContinental London Park Lane. It is always great to receive positive comments and I will certainly pass them on to our team.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to London.

Kind regards

Caroline Jillings
Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed here 3 nights; great location, excellent service. Near Underground, royal palace, and all the nightspots. Hotel staff was professional and very helpful with advice on restaurants, sightseeing, and entertainment. Would not hesitate to recommend this property as a base for London.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear dcjw700

Thank your for taking the time to review the hotel following your stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and your comments have been shared amongst the team.

Once again, thank you for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Caroline Jillings
Director of Rooms
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The check in was quick,friendly and easy . The bed was amazingly comfortable and the room was as to be expected from a 5 star hotel. The only draw back was someone knocking on our door 3 times until they got an answer at 9:30 pm just to ask if there was anything else we needed. Only a problem though because we were so tired after a busy day in London. Other than that we had a lovely stay and would definitely recommend to anyone.

Glasgow
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I used priority points to stay and wasn't disappointed. We were upgraded to a LOndon KIng room which had bees refurbished .The only cHallenge was room was quite small but nothing had been missed as far as making your stay as perfect as possIble.A card to welcome me as a valued visitor and a cake for my sons birthday which was in room when we got back from theatre.The staff were wonderful.No complaints.Thank you intercontinental

• Stayed March 2013
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I've stayed in about 7 different hotels in London over the years and this is my new favorite. It was my first stay and I chose it for location, because I was going to be there alone for a few days. I got a great package that included breakfast and was extremely happy with the hotel on all counts. First and most important, although I had picked the least expensive room, it was more spacious than most rooms I've had in London, was decorated in a modern, elegant style, was in great condition, and extremely quiet. My room faced an inner courtyard, but the windows were so large that the room still had plenty of natural light. Of course, that helped make it quiet, but I also noted that the hallways must be well sound proofed because I didn't hear people walking by or doors slamming in the hall. The bathrooms are a little bit small, but in great condition and more than adequate. I especially loved having a full shower curtain and rainhead shower - made for a great shower with no leaking all over the bathroom (as in those typical London hotel showers with a half-sheet of plastic protecting the room).

As if a really nice room wasn't enough, all of the staff were extremely personal and attentive, from check-in, to restaurant, to the friendly doormen, to the staff in the lobby who greeted you as you got off an elevator. I felt well taken care of, without anyone being intrusive, and very safe, particularly as I was traveling alone. When I arrived at 8:30 am, my room was not ready, but the staff happily directed me to a ladies room to freshen up a little, took my suitcase, offered to call me when the room was ready, and promised that my suitcase would be in the room when I got back. I have to admit, I didn't really believe the suitcase would already be in the room -- but it was. When I saw that my TV was not working properly, I found a staff member in my hallway who dropped everything he was doing to fix the problem in minutes.

Someone in an earlier review mentioned that the hotel smelled great -- it's true, the lobby is filled with flowers (or other scents?) and it smells absolutely fantastic. I had the full breakfast buffet each morning and enjoyed the vast choices and the nice service. Someone was constantly clearing dishes and asking of I needed anything else.

The location was great. Since I was in no rush, I took the tube from Heathrow to Green Park Station for just a few pounds, and walked down to the hotel. I love to walk and had no problem walking throughout the central tourist area -- love walking across Green Park towards the Palace or down Piccadilly to the theater district. The little restaurants and pubs of Shepherd's Market are just around the corner and so are the shops of Kensington.

After 4 days, I actually moved to a smaller boutique hotel in Mayfair to meet my husband for the weekend and have a more traditionally English environment. Within 5 minutes of being there, I realized I should have stayed at the Intercontinental. I'm sold and look forward to staying there again very soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank efpatters
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Amazing! I don't know where to start! From the bellboy, to the waiter, from the housekeeping staff to the waitress, EVERYONE is very obliging! Personal Service is a huge priority! Speechlessness guaranted when entering the hotel, as well as the lobby & not to forget the room! Location: 2 minutes walk from the underground & 15Min walk (if it's not raining) to Picadilly Circus. Special Special thanks to Tiffany & Laura from Front Office, Concierge Guido & Maria from the Breakfast Buffet!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Beautiful surroundings with formal greetings and service on par with the Big Name Hotels.
Location to fun night stops but also to lovely neighborhood restaurants and just steps to the underground and on the Underground/Metro mainline to Heathrow.

Room Tip: Choose corner room overlooking park