“Great hotel stay”

InterContinental London Park Lane
Ranked #153 of 1,068 Hotels in London
“Great hotel stay”
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I chose a five star hotel as there are so many poor hotels in London and I'm glad I did. The hotel is lovely, lots of staff on hand and an air of sophistication when you walk through the door.

The rooms were nice and very clean. The beds are zip and link so there's very little difference between a double and a twin. The bathroom, although small had everything you need, including a powerful shower and a heated mirror so it doesn't must up.

The tea and coffee provided in the room was 2 star - Nescafé instant and UHT milk. It would have been nice to have fresh milk and cafeexpress filter bag coffee in a 5 star hotel!

The rooms were refurbished 7 years ago but you wouldn't know it, except for the dated bang & olufson tv.

There's no guest information in the rooms so you have to call the concierge or reception desk if you want to know what time breakfast is served or check out time.

There's something for everyone at breakfast, pastries, cold meats and cheeses, full English. The only thing that let it down was stewed coffee and cold toast.

Overall a lovely hotel stay and worth the money.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Kent098

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Booked as part of a Top Secret Hotel deal on Lastminute. Thrilled with the result. Hotel looks like it's just undergone a brand new facelift and is bright, clean and stylsh and contemporary.
Staff are brilliant - keen and knowlegable and we were treated like real guests, not the cheap seats!
We asked for a quiet room and were upgraded to a newly refurbished, superior double facing the inner part of the hotel - no view but no traffic noise! Compact, but well appointed with TV, coffee point and mini bar. We should have paid for WiFi at £15 but our consierge was kind enough to offer us a code for a night.
With Knightsbridge, Hyde Park and Buckingham Palace as your neighbours, it is a good, central location for tourists. We like walking and could easily get into the heart of Mayfair and down to Picaddilly for the theatre and Royal Academy. Taxis are right outside for the less energetic.
We went to the Theo Randall Italian Restaurant - recommended. It is part of the hotel, but really should be branded as a separate entity as it is one of the best we have been to for some time - we will review it separately.
We spent a lot of our room savings in the cocktail bar and they really know their stuff. Not cheap, but excellent. Champagne with dry ice! Very Heston.
The least-brilliant part was the breakfast experience. We were advised to pre-book a fixed rate full menu at £24 a head. That gives you the run of the buffet on an all you can eat basis. Great if you want to load up for a full days sight seeing, but if you have dined out for the night before you might want eat less and to go a la cart. You can take your pick from the wide variety of offerings and save you £10-£15 a head. Have a look at the menu before you decide?
Overall a great deal for us and we will do it again soon.

Room Tip: inner rooms quiet but no view. But hey! Thats why you go out!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pete L
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The London Park Lane Intercontinental is a wonderful place to stay. It combines spacious, beautifully decorated rooms with excellent service. For dinner you have two options, the main restaurant and the Italian restaurant. One night I had dinner at the Italian restaurant and I really enjoyed the food and the service. Overall, a great place to stay in London !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed for 1 night on the 9th March as a birthday treat for myself and the whole family were treated wonderfully. Our two young children were given welcome bags on arrival and we were upgraded to a deluxe room.

We paid for club lounge access and it was thoroughly worth it. The afternoon tea, cocktail hour and breakfast make the access fee great value. I have to note the staff in the in lounge were excellent and very good with our children. They went out of their way to make sure we all were comfortable and even gave the children teddies!

I also had a surprise birthday cake at breakfast which was a lovely touch.

We will definitely stay here again. It is in a great location too, we walked mostly to the main places we wanted to go such as Buckingham Palace, Harrods and the Natural History Museum.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank lausmith1977
Cardiff UK
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 15th to 17th March, 2013. It was a very clean and efficient hotel, everything I needed was there, and the staff were friendly and helpful. Room service food was very good. I thought the breakfast served in the Cookbook Cafe was fine, and it was nice to see Hummus for breakfast on the buffet and gravadlax also.

This is (I would suggest) a 5 star more with a focus on the business traveller than the tourist, although it certainly does the job whatever the reason for your stay.

I was impressed by the fact that when I asked for fried bread and black pudding for breakfast, the very helpful asian chef had it with me in short order. I was also impressed by the very nice business centre, which was very inexpensive. I thought the rooms were reasonably furnished for the money, with a good armchair at least, desk and side table, and I thought the beds were some of the nicest in any hotel. The room decoration was bright and very pleasant. Some rooms have nice views, mine didn't but I had a good deal and I am not bothered by that.

Finally, if I didn't mention the staff I will do so again, all of them were very helpful. This hotel knows its business and makes its business a pleasure.

Room Tip: If you want a view, ask for one. There are some great views I am sure, given where it is.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2013

First time in Intercontinental Park Lane proved to be a delightful night. Every single member is really helpful and does everything possible to ensure guest satisfaction.Room service was excellent every single time. Breakfast was the best i 've ever had in a hotel. Especially the guy that cooked me a perfect poached egg on the spot. Quite a big selection at the buffet too. Our room was overlooking Hyde Park so the view was rather nice. I would definiteley go back again, although IHG are planning to sell it from what i 've read online.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kostas N
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for business and must say I did very much like this hotel. The best thing about it was definitely the breakfast buffet. It's well worth getting up for! The rooms were also spacious, mini bar was well stocked with good juices, and the service was great.

I must say though, I do ABSOLUTELY HATE paying for Wi-if. I avoid Hilton's for this sole reason.

Would definitely stay again as long as it didn't get too pricey.

• Stayed February 2013