I stayed here recently for business and to be fair there isn't much wrong with the IC Park Lane. The rooms are clean comfortable and decorated to a good standard, the lobby bar is a pleasant space to have a drink and the bar food food is OK too, if you were to choose on the basis of location then you could not choose many better.
But, when a hotel professes to be 5* it should be aiming a bit higher than this hotel does. It's not all about fixtures and fittings and amenities. There are intangible things like the mood of the check-in staff, the view from the inner facing room that you've been fobbed off with and how long it takes to get your car back from the £50 per night car park, among other things.
I have stayed in a lot of hotels around the world, some good some bad, this one is just ordinary... and expensive btw!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once the site of a royal residence, InterContinental London Park Lane is now the epitome of modern elegance. Located between Mayfair and Knightsbridge in view of Buckingham Palace, the hotel is not far from the Tower of London, Big Ben and Trafalgar Square. Also worth seeing is the Victoria and Albert Museum, Madame Tussauds and The National Portrait Gallery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your InterContinental London Park Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotel London
- InterContinental London Park Lane England