“Great City Center Hotel”

InterContinental London Park Lane
Ranked #187 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for my girlfriends birthday, Had a great time, good staff that went above and beyond. Check in was a little impersonal but efficient.
Expensive but worth it, rooms aren't massive but that's what you get in London. We would go back again.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Nuggie83
There are newer reviews for InterContinental London Park Lane

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Having been to London many times and always struggling to find decent rooms for an adequate price, this time we finally got lucky! Maybe it was an internet special, but as it was the first shopping weekend I doubt it. This hotel has an excellent location and really great rooms (for London standards). Yes, it is expensive, but overlooking the Buckingham Gardens in the morning was just great (after also having slept already in the basement of some 200 Euro offer). The bar is nice, however, staff is - besides the bar chef - very junior and needs to find confidence in what they are doing. Lunch in the Café was OK if you don't look at the prices, but that is London and so one has to accept it or stay at home. Doormen were eager to help finding taxis and were offering the hotel limo for the ride after some long waiting time for a cab. Definitely becoming the targeted location for the next trip.

Room Tip: Overlooking the Wellington memorial is great as you can see the sun rise. Don't worry about the...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed for my daughters birthday. Fanastic hotel. Staff excellent m upgraded to deluxe room and as an extra surprise for my daughter hotel left a birthday card ,cake ,biscuits and fruit in the room. Lovely touch

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 30, 2012

What a beautiful hotel! You will love the view from the lounge and or your room. The staff were extremely friendly and helped in anyway possible. I only stayed at this hotel for 3 nights but I would recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We have stayed many times at this hotel. Alway in the executive floor, with access to the executive lounge. The service is always perfect. And we always were given a newly refurbished room overlooking Hyde Park. Wonderful weekends.
My wife has developed terminal cancer. She wanted one more visit to london on our wedding anniversary. Its been an annual visit and this was the 36th time. We decided to borrow a whellchair as walking is becoming a problem.
The door staff were excellent in helping with the wheelchair, as expected based on previous experiences. The check in was very polite as my wife sat in the wheelchair while i did the paperwork.
We were given a room at the furtherest distance from the lift. It was an unrefurbished room and although is was called a suite there was hardly any space around the bed to help my wife get into bed.There was only just enough space to get the wheelchair into the room. We have never been given such a small room before or one furtherest from the lift. I would have complained but my wife just crashed on the bed and went to sleep. She did not want to cause a fuss. In the morning I went to the executive lounge for breakfast to discover that this time I was not registered for it, even though I posses a gold card for Intercontinental Hotels and we were on the executive floor. You will have guessed that a table was not available in the resturant that evening.
So, what had happened? Well I assume that upmarket hotels do not want wheelchairs in their hotels. I sort of understand that attitude as if I was them I can see the disadvantages as they want to create a feeling of welbeing to their customers and do not want them reminded of the reality of everyday life by having to share a lift with an example of lifes vicious ways. I am not bitter but its a lesson I was not exoecting to learn that weekend.

Room Tip: Insist on a refurbished room overlooking Hyde Park
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ken T
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We booked a double room for an overnight stay via Laterooms at £209 at short notice. Considering the location of the hotel right next to Hyde Park Corner it was worth that much, but it failed to impress:

The doorman ignored us when we drove up, and only responded when I got out of my car and walked up to him - not a good start for a five star luxury hotel. Check in was fine but the room was small and dated, with an awful view over other rooms that surrounded a central courtyard. The bathroom was well appointed but tiny The bed was large and comfortable so we got a good night's sleep.

I suppose when you book a room at a discount rate you can't expect one of their prime rooms, but if I had paid the full rate for a room like that I would have been sorely disappointed.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a view over London, because I would imagine they would be spectacular, where...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Brad_Lizzie
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed on 6th floor.Room faced street side. I don't care about noise because of perfect view :) Amenities in a room was okay. Staff as 5 stars should be more or less. We could check in earlier than the check in time should be so this was a good plus to them. We really liked bar supervisor or manager (Italian) . Looked very professional and passionated about his job, that is the thing what I expect from all staff.

• Stayed: November 2012