I tried to like the Intercontintal London. As a IC Ambassador member, I was thrilled to stay at the Park Lane hotel. Maybe my expectations were a bit too high - and since I normally travel in the US, I'm spoiled with free internet access. I've stayed at various Intercontintal properties in Boston, NYC, and Miami and I've always been thrilled. Not so in London.
Of course, the hotel is beautiful and has a great location, but my room was small and a bit dated. I found the bar to be extremely expensive and I could not believe that I was charged for daily internet access. For me, checkin was a bit slow and my initial room was really small and had very tiny windows. After requesting another room, I was moved to another room that was about the same size and felt old (TV was spotty, furniture old, etc..).
I will say that I love the location and the folks at the door were always helpful. Perhaps, if I was willing to spend a lot more money for a different room class - and I wasn't offended by the Internet charge and crazy prices at the bar, then I might have enjoyed my stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once the site of a royal residence, InterContinental London Park Lane is now the epitome of modern elegance. Located between Mayfair and Knightsbridge in view of Buckingham Palace, the hotel is not far from the Tower of London, Big Ben and Trafalgar Square. Also worth seeing is the Victoria and Albert Museum, Madame Tussauds and The National Portrait Gallery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental London Park Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotel London
- InterContinental London Park Lane England