“Guest Relations” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of InterContinental London Park Lane

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
InterContinental London Park Lane
Ranked #132 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Portola Valley, California
“Guest Relations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

I booked three nights at this hotel through a cruise line for a pre-cruise stay. We arrived early and they did their best to get the room ready as they new we had been on a long flight. I requested 2 beds and the room was made up as a queen. Housekeeping quickly came up and split the beds with new linens. The room seemed a little tight. I went back to the front desk and tried to upgrade, but the hotel was full. The next day I met Dominic Smith, Senior Guest Relation Team Leader. He very graciously listened to my concerns and showed me a room with two doubles that was much larger. I declined only because it was a smoking room and decided to stay where we were. We had a nice chat and I mentioned it was my birthday and we were going on this cruise to celebrate my birthday and our wedding anniversary. After I returned from dinner, I had a half bottle of the very best champagne and a dessert waiting for me. This kind of service makes one want to go back again.
Thanks Dominic, you are wonderful!!!

Room Tip: Try booking on your own rather than through a cruise line
1 Thank BB6262

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
dubai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed there for 6 nights in June. I paid a highly competitive corporate rate (well under GBP300) – and at that price good value. The room was a reasonable size with a limited view of Hyde Park. Being at the end of the corridor, it was very quiet. Overall taste – non-descript old English style with a bit of chintz. The hotel is essentially pretty characterless but Inoffensive. Service requirements were limited, but some weakness – newspapers not delivered, and having asked for a blanket and using it each night I could never work out why housekeeping kept making up the bed with a duvet, for me to strip it off again – common sense is a rare commodity. One positive was ease of using shower in club lounge area (I had not booked club room) to freshen up before heading off. On the meal front - breakfast was quite good – but at Tier 1 Hotel price wise where I think Intercontinental is really a top Tier 2 hotel. I was charged GBP5 for each small glass of orange juice whereas the Connaught and One Aldwych charged for one glass and gave multiple top ups – I wanted more limited a la carte. Dinner in the main gourmet restaurant was very good. Would I stay here again – no, but I would not kick up a fuss if I was booked there at a sensible price and I would not be keen on paying more than 400 for a room here. May also buy a bottle of Tropicana to take down to breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

We were very impressed with this hotel. The room and bathroom were large, clean and well appointed. Great location. The concierge made all of our dinner and dancing reservations and even the doorman was fantastically helpful providing us with a map and umbrella as it was raining.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Highclere, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

Very elegant hotel in the heart of Mayfair. Room was quiet, well appointed, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. We slept really well which is rare for us in London. Would recommend as a good base for exploring the sights.

1 Thank Just-B
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

We stayed here for one night (Saturday). It was actually a 'Secret Hotel' booked through a website who tell you the name of the hotel after you have paid (keeping the price low). We were so pleased as we paid an extremely reasonable price for a lovely classic hotel. Everything from check in to check out was great. Very clean and elegant with the most comfortable pillows I have ever had! We were on the 5th floor and it was very quiet, although the view wasn't great, we over looked the 'inside' of the hotel on to other rooms, but this didn't bother us atall. Location is good especially for Piccadilly/Mayfair/Buckingham Palace etc, and is easy to get there (Green Park Tube). Will definately return here.

1 Thank Irishbella
Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

I stayed with my family at the Intercontinental London Park Lane between 8-17th of July, 2011 and I enjoyed every moment of my stay. We stayed in a One Bedroom Suite that was luxuriously decorated and it was quite spacious compared to other hotels in London. Our suite had a separate living room with a sofa bed and that made it accommodate 3 adults in total. The corridors to the rooms, however, are a bit outdated and need refurbishment to go along with the newly decorated rooms/suites. We had access to the Club Intercontinental lounge where they served excellent breakfast, snacks in the afternoon, drinks in the evenings, refreshments and cookies all day, and free internet. The Club had stunning views over Hyde Park and it was very nicely decorated. The staff were extremely helpful and managed to attend all of our requests promptly. The hotel location could not be better, it is within walking distance to the best areas in London (Knightsbridge, Mayfair, Oxford Street, Bond Street, Hyde Park) and it is very close to Hyde Park Corner Underground station. I have no complains about my stay and would definitely stay there the next time I visit London. Emad AbuHendi.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Emad A
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

Its always a shame such 5 stars hotels are still not giving speedy & free internet services to their guests !

A shame really!