Unfortunately, not a 4* hotel, and I don't think it has been a 4* hotel for quite some while.
The hotel is very well located just 5 minutes from Green Park Underground Station. The hotel does not have a front entrance, but a side entrance. The reception area is very dark and when we arrived it smelt very smoky.
The reception staff were quite unhappy when I refused to have my credit card authorised for £50.00 worth of extras which we hadn't consumed, we hadn't even checked into the room! After a request to speak to the Duty Manager to discuss this were were "let off", however, we were told that we were unable to use the video film or mini bar facility - we felt like naughty little children! (we didn't want to use it anyway).
We were on the 5th floor. The bedroom corridor was very dark and dreary with dark wood and dark green wallpaper. Our room was very dark and dreary and the wallpaper was ripped. There were two chairs and a table in the window and on one of the arms of the chairs someone had doodled on it!!! The paint on the window was flaking and the woodwork on the cupboards was absolutely disgusting. The bathroom looked like it could have had some work done on it recently, however, the door frame was in dire need of painting the there was a gap at the bottom of the bathroom door of about 4" which was rather strange! There was a nice display of mould on the bath sealant as well.
We decided to have our meal in the Restaurant, this was a very strange set up. It was just a bar area with no set tables, so you just sat where you wanted and they put some cutlery in front of you! The meal was ok but more like a Little Chef than a 4* hotel.
Staff were running around like headless chickens, shouting at each other - in fact, the restaurant management was very poor.
Breakfast was in the same bar like area - very standard breakfast with very unhappy staff serving.
This seemed like a badly managed hotel which reflected in the staff. I don't think we saw one member of staff smile. The hotel needs closing down and a complete refurbishment and some serious training for the staff. I am surprised that an establishment like Holiday Inn would put their name to such a foul hotel.
Luckily, we didn't pay full price for our stay (the price board in reception indicated rooms start from £345.00!!!!!). I would not stay here again it is a disgrace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn London-Mayfair hotel is located in the heart of Mayfair, London's premier hotel district. With its unparalleled location on the corner of Piccadilly and Berkeley Street, the Holiday Inn Mayfair is ideally situated for your business or leisure stay. This Mayfair hotel is fully air conditioned and all bedrooms are equiped with high speed internet access. The traditional and tastefully appointed hotel is in close proximity to Green Park, Hyde Park,, the Royal Academy, Covent Garden, superb shops in Bond Street, Regent Street as well as many clubs, casinos and night spots. Oxford Street, Harrods, Buckingham Palace, London Eye, Theatres and the West End are all close by. Adjacent to the hotel is Green Park underground station which gives direct access to Heathrow airport and St Pancras International Station for the Eurostar. As well as mainline rail services from Victoria and the Gatwick Express. All Conference & Meeting rooms in this ideal central London location have natural day light and are equipped to cater for any event. Nightingales Restaurant offers modern British cuisine from light snacks to a full a la carte menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Despegar.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Holiday Inn London Mayfair reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Mayfair Hotel London
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London Mayfair England