“Great location, Reasonable rates!”

Holiday Inn London Mayfair
Ranked #378 of 1,088 Hotels in London
“Great location, Reasonable rates!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I had to travel to London on business and instead of staying in the Mayfair Hotel where my conference was being held, I found the Holiday Inn to be a perfect alternative. The location was perfect. Although I spent most of my time attending the conference, I was still able to catch a few sites in the evening due to the proximity to all of the major tourist attractions.

I was also able to catch the tube right close to the hotel, so I did not have to pay for a taxi.

The staff at the hotel were excellent. I had some initial trouble connecting to wifi, however, the front desk staff were excellent in getting that issue resolved. The restaurant located within the hotel was also excellent.

I decided to attend one of the shows in the evening and found the concierge to be very helpful. He gave me some practical advice on where I could get tickets at a much reduced rate and suggested some shows that turned out to be great.

I would not hesitate to stay here again if I was in London.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
PaulSGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear Mark H,
I am enormously pleased that you found our staf so helpful and informative. At the Holiday Inn mayfair we foster a culture of treating our guests as we would like to be treated. We will also give you alternatives and try to find what is best for you from the perspective of price and quality. Ultimately we are not happy if you are unhappy.
Thank you for staying with us and I do hope you will come back to us again.

Regards
Paul Spencer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Stoke-on-Trent UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed here one night for my wife’s birthday in March and had a really enjoyable time. As an IHG Gold member, check-in was a breeze and we were given the usual free drinks vouchers. We arrived at 12 so the room was not ready but they stored our bags for us whilst we hit the shops.

The hotel itself is in a great location, just over the road from Green Park tube station and an easy walk to Oxford Street for shops and very close to the Mayfair bars and clubs.

The room we had was an executive king which comprised of a separate sitting area and TV, bedroom with the most comfy king bed ever. In the bathroom we had a corner tub with jets to massage our tired feet and backs after a long day of walking around. We did not eat in the hotel so could not comment on the food, but from everything we experienced and saw I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sunshine_Mark
PaulSGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Sunshine_Mark

It was great to read how much you enjoyed your stay here at the Holiday Inn London-Mayfair, and also how comfortable you found the room.

Thank you for posting such a great 5* Review!

Kind regards, Paul Spencer - General Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights (used AVIOS) 4-6th March 2014. The check in was extremely quick and efficient. The member of staff very friendly and welcoming, so sorry I cannot remember her name.
The room was clean and well presented. Magazines on table a nice touch. The bathroom had plenty of towels and was spotless. The beds were so comfortable, a great nights sleep.
The breakfasts were delicious and staff were attentive with seating and topping up coffee. A good selection of food.
The location was excellent and I would definitely use the hotel in the future. As for value for money, it's difficult as I used air miles. The hotel has so many positive attributes that I would be happy to pay.
All the staff I came into contact with were helpful and approachable.
Thank you for a happy and pleasant stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear kldip22

We really appreciate the time you have taken to post such a great 5* review. It's so good to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and you found the staff and service to a high standard.

We do hope you will return soon!

Best regards, Paul Spencer - General Manager
Swindon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Visited Holiday Inn Mayfair London with my husband, my friend and her husband, for a special birthday weekend, my friend and myself celebrating birthdays. Sarah, who worked at reception, was so helpful, found rooms that were ready as we were early, upgraded us when she knew it was our birthdays, organised bottle of wine and chocolates in the rooms and a late check out. Caring service made the weekend even more special.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mary S
Dear Mary S

Thank you so much for a great 5* review. We are absolutely delighted you were happy with the service and will certainly recognise the staff for making your birthday weekend even more special.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards, Paul Spencer, General Manager
Pune, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in July 2013. It was a very nice stay. the hotel is super conveniently located in the heart of London. They have a super breakfast which I must mention specifically. Everything is within walking distance. Bus stops, underground station is right around the corner.

The room was comfortable and the bath room for some reason was super huge and nice. I do not know if that is the case for all rooms. I DID NOT have a special deluxe suite or anything.

Pricey but I guess expected for central London. Not worth it for a back-packing type holiday. Worth it if you can afford it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Rohanino

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here at Holiday Inn London-Mayfair. I will certainly pass on your comments re the excellent breakfast to our kitchen and retaurant team.
You are completely right, the location is second to none for both sightseeing and business visitors!

Paul Spencer, General Manager
Northern Virginia, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

I am business traveler, so this is written from that perspective.
Positives: Excellent location - can get to everywhere from here my foot, bus, underground, taxi.
Excellent breakfast with a nice and healthy variety of hot and cold dishes. Comfortable beds. Very helpful staff - they found me a transformer to use with my US electrical equipment. Reasonable price.
Negatives: There is no fitness room or equipment on site. The rooms are unimpressive, smallish, only two outlets, small TV, so so bathroom. They charge for internet connection.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Falcon1981

Many thanks for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn London-Mayfair. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope you choose our hotel on your next visit to London.

Kind regards, Paul Spencer, General Manager
herz
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

I was at Holiday inn Mayfair London last month. I was a very good visit, the hotel was very clean and all the staff was very helpful.
I also have to say that mr. Prasanth Santha the F&B Manager and miss Patricia were very nice and did all Thayer can do to help me and my wife.
Thank you very much and I will come again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
PaulSGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear sibirsky,
I am very grateful to you for taking the time and trouble to post your review. I am sure I speak for the staff here at the Holiday Inn Mayfair in saying, we were pleased to be of service to you. I shall forward your review to both members of staff who I am certain will be very pleased with your comments.
I hope that we will have the pleasure of being of service to you again in the future.
pleased