While in London recently with wife and child we looked for a hotel that balanced convenience and price and took a chance on this one based on some good reviews. As someone who has previously lived in London I highly recommend staying as central as you can to avoid spending half your vacation on the tubes and buses. This hotel was opposite the Ritz, just a short walk from Piccadilly Circus and Buckingham Palace. Most of the major attractions were only 3 or so tube stops away if you needed to take the tube at all. Green Park tube station is a 1 minute walk from the hotel door. However all this convenience wouldn't have been much good had the hotel itself been terrible. Happy to report that the hotel itself is very good and represented tremendous value for money for such a location. The rooms were very tidy and very clean. My wife noticed a tiny bit of wall paper peeling here and there and some marginally dated decor but I didn't notice it and you'd have to look very hard to criticize the rooms. I've stayed in other central London hotel rooms and while you'd never describe them as ridiculously spacious, this one really wasn't bad at all. We didn't feel cramped. The bathroom was also very clean. The staff both in the lobby and bar were excellent throughout our stay. If I had to ding the hotel for one thing it would be the price of their internet service. While fast, it cost 50 pounds (approx. 80 dollars) for the duration of our 5 night stay. That's absurdly expensive these days and did leave the only sour taste during our stay. All in all I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again as the quality and price, coupled with the location make this place just about unbeatable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn London-Mayfair hotel is located in the heart of Mayfair, London's premier hotel district. With its unparalleled location on the corner of Piccadilly and Berkeley Street, the Holiday Inn Mayfair is ideally situated for your business or leisure stay. This Mayfair hotel is fully air conditioned and all bedrooms are equiped with high speed internet access. The traditional and tastefully appointed hotel is in close proximity to Green Park, Hyde Park,, the Royal Academy, Covent Garden, superb shops in Bond Street, Regent Street as well as many clubs, casinos and night spots. Oxford Street, Harrods, Buckingham Palace, London Eye, Theatres and the West End are all close by. Adjacent to the hotel is Green Park underground station which gives direct access to Heathrow airport and St Pancras International Station for the Eurostar. As well as mainline rail services from Victoria and the Gatwick Express. All Conference & Meeting rooms in this ideal central London location have natural day light and are equipped to cater for any event. Nightingales Restaurant offers modern British cuisine from light snacks to a full a la carte menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn London Mayfair reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Mayfair Hotel London
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London Mayfair England