“5 night stay, thoroughly enjoyed”

Holiday Inn London Mayfair
Ranked #392 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 6, 2013

While in London recently with wife and child we looked for a hotel that balanced convenience and price and took a chance on this one based on some good reviews. As someone who has previously lived in London I highly recommend staying as central as you can to avoid spending half your vacation on the tubes and buses. This hotel was opposite the Ritz, just a short walk from Piccadilly Circus and Buckingham Palace. Most of the major attractions were only 3 or so tube stops away if you needed to take the tube at all. Green Park tube station is a 1 minute walk from the hotel door. However all this convenience wouldn't have been much good had the hotel itself been terrible. Happy to report that the hotel itself is very good and represented tremendous value for money for such a location. The rooms were very tidy and very clean. My wife noticed a tiny bit of wall paper peeling here and there and some marginally dated decor but I didn't notice it and you'd have to look very hard to criticize the rooms. I've stayed in other central London hotel rooms and while you'd never describe them as ridiculously spacious, this one really wasn't bad at all. We didn't feel cramped. The bathroom was also very clean. The staff both in the lobby and bar were excellent throughout our stay. If I had to ding the hotel for one thing it would be the price of their internet service. While fast, it cost 50 pounds (approx. 80 dollars) for the duration of our 5 night stay. That's absurdly expensive these days and did leave the only sour taste during our stay. All in all I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again as the quality and price, coupled with the location make this place just about unbeatable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Simon P
GenManager13, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Dear Simon P,
Thank you for sharing your experience for the benefit of others. I am quite pleased that you stayed at our hotel and hope that we have done enough to tempt you back. The internet charges are set according to the high cost we incur in facilitating this service however, we are offering free Wi-Fi to our Reward Club members. This therefore, is an excellent reason and time to join the biggest club of its kind in the world.

Paul Spencer

Write a ReviewReviews (2,272)

995 - 1,001 of 2,272 reviews

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed one week with family (2 adults+2 children) in this hotel at the end of July. It is very well situated. The Green Park underground station is around the corner. There is a Starbucks Coffee in front of the hotel, and there is also an M&S and a Sainsbury's nearby. Piccadilly Circus is not very far from the holiday inn and it can quickly be reached by bus or underground and 5 minutes by foot. The hotel staff is courteous but aren’t over friendly except for local concierge. The bedroom and bathroom are clean but the furniture needs to be renewed. It is unacceptable to pay such a high rate to have furniture overused.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Robin B,
I am grateful to you and your family for selecting our hotel. I hope you are all well.
Your observation in relation to the furnishing has not gone un-noticed! Indeed, we are replacing some of our furniture during a program of renovation. I hope you will return to see the difference in the near future.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have to go to Canary Wharf and so this is ideal as its on the jubilee line. Plus the hotel is walking to Chinatown and Soho for the best food. Great value and location in London. Staff is very attentive to my needs

Room Tip: 5th floor facing the Ritz are the best rooms in the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear SubrataNYC,
Hello,
Thank you very much for your custom. I am glad that we were able to meet your needs and assure you that should you stay with us again you will receive even better service.
Thank you again and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is perfectly located, right off Picadilly and half a block to the Ritz! I called ahead for theater tickets and not only received great seats but also free Champagne since it was my birthday. The rooms are very comfortable, and the hotel staff was great. The price makes this the best value in London!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Paull88,
I am very pleased to hear that you had a great time and that our hotel and staff played a part in this.
Best wishes to you and your family and I do hope you will come back again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Right in the heart of things. Walking distance to many of London's best attractions. Numerous pubs nearby and close to the London theatre district. Easy walking to Buckingham Palace, numerous London museums and other sites.

Room Tip: Stay on the upper floors. This reduces the traffic and city noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear MitchMcCluhan,
Our hotel is indeed situated in a great location but we do not rely on this factor alone. We endeavour to offer great value for money, coupled with excellent service as well. Please bear us in mind when you next book a London hotel

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Just spent a Saturday evening at this hotel. Hotel itself is clean, tidy and the staff are very helpful and pleasant. But there are restaurants and clubs just opposite which are frequented by owners of exotic vehicles who on Saturday evening are determined to be the loudest, revving engines and racing away. If you need to get to sleep before 3 am try another hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for back of the hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear NellUK,
I am sorry to hear that your sleep was disrupted by vehicular traffic. While some people find this exciting and thrilling on a Saturday night I can understand why it would not be quite so when all you want to do is have a good night's sleep. Please note however, that there are much quieter areas in the hotel. So, please do ask for a quite room when you next stay with us.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Top of the best 50 hotels I have stayed at in my travels worldwide is the Holiday Inn, Mayfair, London, and my stay at this excellent hotel on Saturday 27th. July, also recorded my alumni celebration from my studies at The London school of Economics & Political Science ( L. S. E. ) in the Class of '63. Central London has been the hub of my worldwide travels and a centrally situated hotel has proved vital in my work. I travelled to London from Northampton using London Midland rail, first class. The journey was punctual and aboveall, quiet and comortable, unlike the route in the days of steam when I travelled the same route on business. A £10. taxi fare soon had me outside the Holiday Inn, which is situated only minutes away from Picadilly, or Green Park. I had booked in advance to ensure a room of my choice and no problems of finding accommodation at the last moment. My alumni reunion required a hotel within quick access of the House of Commons where I was to attend a gala dinner in the Members' Dining Room along with some other 100 or so fellow alumni from the years 1960 - 1969. I have now used the Holiday Inn, London - Mayfair for over ten years, and never once had a problem with
room service or ordering food and drinks in their excellent bar - cum - restaurant. Infact I find it hard to leave the bar with its loveloy ambience to attend business meetings elsewhere. I always leave business meetings early to get back to my favourite London bar and restaurant at the Holiday Inn, Mayfair. When confronted with any problems regarding my business itinerary the conciege has always been able to provide that important item of information. After long distance journeys I am always keen to get to the hotel bar and have a relaxing drink or two. The bar manager, Joe, is so courteous, and polite as are his excellent staff. Prices do reflect a hotel of quality and one which is so centrally situated. The hotel is within easy walking distance of many famous London sites and the perfect base from which to conduct either business meetings or leisure activities in the world's busiest international capital. The Holdai Inn Mayfair is only 13km. from London Heathrow airport. If one is to use the rail services to the airport then Victoria station is only 1km. away. Before departure I enjoyed a wonderful full English breakfast and on leaving a taxi rank immediately outside the hotel soon had me on my back to Euston and then on to Northampton by first - class rail. It will take a lot for another hotel to try and knock the Holiday Inn, Mayfair - London off the top fifty spot. Good luck Joe !!
Geoffrey E. Dixon-Hamilton, editor, Anglo-Nordic Times Intl. editor@nordic-times.co.uk
26-27th. July, 2013.

Room Tip: prior to checking-in request a view of the selected room, non-smoking, if there are not too many peo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
PaulSGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Hello GeoffreyD,
Thank you so very much for putting us on top of your tree. I am enormously grateful to you for your kind words and exuberance. I would dearly like to see you when you are next here so do please let me know.

Best regards