“Boy racers”

Holiday Inn London Mayfair
Ranked #386 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Just spent a Saturday evening at this hotel. Hotel itself is clean, tidy and the staff are very helpful and pleasant. But there are restaurants and clubs just opposite which are frequented by owners of exotic vehicles who on Saturday evening are determined to be the loudest, revving engines and racing away. If you need to get to sleep before 3 am try another hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for back of the hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
GenManager13, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Dear NellUK,
I am sorry to hear that your sleep was disrupted by vehicular traffic. While some people find this exciting and thrilling on a Saturday night I can understand why it would not be quite so when all you want to do is have a good night's sleep. Please note however, that there are much quieter areas in the hotel. So, please do ask for a quite room when you next stay with us.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Top of the best 50 hotels I have stayed at in my travels worldwide is the Holiday Inn, Mayfair, London, and my stay at this excellent hotel on Saturday 27th. July, also recorded my alumni celebration from my studies at The London school of Economics & Political Science ( L. S. E. ) in the Class of '63. Central London has been the hub of my worldwide travels and a centrally situated hotel has proved vital in my work. I travelled to London from Northampton using London Midland rail, first class. The journey was punctual and aboveall, quiet and comortable, unlike the route in the days of steam when I travelled the same route on business. A £10. taxi fare soon had me outside the Holiday Inn, which is situated only minutes away from Picadilly, or Green Park. I had booked in advance to ensure a room of my choice and no problems of finding accommodation at the last moment. My alumni reunion required a hotel within quick access of the House of Commons where I was to attend a gala dinner in the Members' Dining Room along with some other 100 or so fellow alumni from the years 1960 - 1969. I have now used the Holiday Inn, London - Mayfair for over ten years, and never once had a problem with
room service or ordering food and drinks in their excellent bar - cum - restaurant. Infact I find it hard to leave the bar with its loveloy ambience to attend business meetings elsewhere. I always leave business meetings early to get back to my favourite London bar and restaurant at the Holiday Inn, Mayfair. When confronted with any problems regarding my business itinerary the conciege has always been able to provide that important item of information. After long distance journeys I am always keen to get to the hotel bar and have a relaxing drink or two. The bar manager, Joe, is so courteous, and polite as are his excellent staff. Prices do reflect a hotel of quality and one which is so centrally situated. The hotel is within easy walking distance of many famous London sites and the perfect base from which to conduct either business meetings or leisure activities in the world's busiest international capital. The Holdai Inn Mayfair is only 13km. from London Heathrow airport. If one is to use the rail services to the airport then Victoria station is only 1km. away. Before departure I enjoyed a wonderful full English breakfast and on leaving a taxi rank immediately outside the hotel soon had me on my back to Euston and then on to Northampton by first - class rail. It will take a lot for another hotel to try and knock the Holiday Inn, Mayfair - London off the top fifty spot. Good luck Joe !!
Geoffrey E. Dixon-Hamilton, editor, Anglo-Nordic Times Intl. editor@nordic-times.co.uk
26-27th. July, 2013.

Room Tip: prior to checking-in request a view of the selected room, non-smoking, if there are not too many peo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
PaulSGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Hello GeoffreyD,
Thank you so very much for putting us on top of your tree. I am enormously grateful to you for your kind words and exuberance. I would dearly like to see you when you are next here so do please let me know.

Best regards

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights in August 2013. Location superb and we walked to many attractions. Take the underground (get an Oyster Card if you plan to travel on trains) and easy to get to from Heathrow, with no need to change lines, get off at Green Park and its 50 metres down Berkeley St. Room was surprisingly larger than expected with a table and chairs. Very reasonably priced for central London. Would definitely recommend it as a place to stay in London, supermarket almost across the road, ATM across the road, and a café that serves exquisite meals round the corner. Close to Buckingham Palace, hop on hop off stop, can even walk to the Globe. Great.
Downside is that no free internet except in the lobby.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
GenManager13, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear Mitzzi,
I am grateful to you for posting your views of our hotel and for telling others of the great value we offer. With this in mind we have recently introduced free Wi-Fi for our Rewards Club members, so this is just about the best time to joint if you are not yet a member.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Spent one night here. We had a double bedded room which was really big and had lots of drawer and hanging space. Furniture and fittings a bit tired but clean. Friendly and welcoming staff and concierge service excellent. We had a front of hotel bedroom which is noisy as bins in the area seem to be emptied early morning!

Room Tip: Try and book a room at back of hotel as front is noisy - see above.

Dear Joananyan,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Mayfair. The hotel's location provides rooms that offer a view of the vibrant Piccadilly as well as quieter areas such as those towards Berkeley Street and the rear of the building. Why not request a quieter area on your next visit.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed here bank holiday weekend and was very enjoyable. Close to all amenities, tube station And within walking distance of most places. Had a meal in the hotel one evening and was pleasantly surprised at the good food. Close to some nice restaurants if you don't want to eat in the hotel

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Shoney12,
Many thanks for leaving a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with our services and I hope you will come back to stay with again in the near future.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Although expensive and a bit old fashioned, you can't get away from the fact that this is such a central hotel. Tube, park, shops, theatres, restaurants, tour buses all within a quick walk away. If you don't know where to start your exploration of London, I would recommend this hotel for sure

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
HotelGuestRelations, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear SimmsWilson,
It was great to read your review and we were so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to London. We are also pleased to inform you that all our rooms are currently undergoing a refurbishment programme.
We are so glad you liked the location - it is second to none!

Thank you for your comments.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed here with family for a couple of nights recently - having stayed here a few times before, we knew it was in a great location for what we had planned. It's hard to think of a hotel in central London in a better location, especially if you'll be using the tube, Green Park being just a few meters away. It's just a short walk too to the West End - so if you're there for a show it's just a 10 minute walk away.

Check-in handled professionally and swiftly and we were made to feel welcome.

The hotel is pretty good value for money too, when compared to other hotels of this class. It's functional rather than luxurious, but all areas were clean and tidy and our room (two double beds) was quite big for central London. I guess the decor could do with a bit of a re-fresh, the rooms are a little dated, but everything you'll need is in there.

Breakfast in the hotel was nothing special - buffet style, but a bit chaotic and I'm not sure which staff were looking after us... not sure they knew either. They seemed to be running out of things constantly - though they were stocking back up quite frequently. Having said that, this was 9am on a Saturday - so I guess their busiest time.

We also had a bar snack later that day. The menu is pretty basic, I guess to appeal to a mass audience, but we were more than happy with what we had for what we paid.

Overall, I'd recommend this hotel and will definitely use again next time we're in London.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Martin P

Thank you very much for your review & for your kind comments about the hotel, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. As you have rightly pointed out, we were very busy that weekend, and Saturday at 9.00 am is nearly every popular hotel's breakfast challenge! However, we constantly strive to provide great customer service and I know the Head of that Department will learn valuable lessons from your experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn London-Mayfair soon.

Yours sincerely,