After reading a few reviews, I was a bit nervous about what to expect when my husband and I arrived in London from New York. I was pleasantly surprised!
The room itself was a standard room. It was small in size, but for central London, that is pretty typical. There was tons of closet space and the bathroom was average size for a hotel room. You will have to pay for internet, microwaves are not available in the room or hotel and there is a refrigerator, but its stacked with mini bar options (once you remove them you are automatically responsible for paying for those items, so be careful). You can however request that they empty its contents so that you can use it to store food. I have some strict dietary needs because of my pregnancy, but again the staff was accommodating. If you were thinking of catching a couple of workouts here, there is no fitness center or pool available in the hotel as there are in Holiday Inn's in the states, but if you are planning on exploring the city, walking is great exercise.
The staff was quite friendly, knowledgeable and polite. The only experience that we didn't have that was during check in, but then a senior staff member took over and problem solved! Room service was convenient. The usual wait time for food was about 30-45 minutes after ordering. The food was not that of a 5 star restaurant, but none the less, it was good. The best meal to order food would be breakfast. Breakfast was amazing! Prices for food is typical of a hotel, mid range prices, but you can always venture in the neighborhood and find something much cheaper if you are on a budget. Towels, tea, bathroom goods (soap, shampoo, conditioner) are replaced, beds are made and trash cans are emptied daily. Concierge was super helpful in getting cabs and private cars for us when we wanted to go to St. Pancreas station for a day trip to Paris (at 5am) and the airport. They even looked up our terminal number when requesting a car to take us to the airport.
The location is in central London in Westminster. Pretty close to main attractions such as Buckingham Palace, Green Park and Picadilly Circus (think Times Square), just to name a few. You can basically walk to these locations and if you want to venture further out into the city, the Green Park tube is about 3 minutes walking distance from the hotel. The tube is pretty cheap and convenient (except there is no central air conditioning and it gets really stuffy and hot) and if you are from any large city, you'll find it pretty easy to navigate. The area is very posh, so if you wanted to do some upscale shopping, this is the place for that. Restaurants vary. There are coffee and sandwich shops to high end restaurants, pastry/chocolate boutiques, a few pubs and grab and go spots...a little bit of everything. Great location!
Overall, we had a great experience at this hotel and would recommend if you are thinking of staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn London-Mayfair hotel is located in the heart of Mayfair, London's premier hotel district. With its unparalleled location on the corner of Piccadilly and Berkeley Street, the Holiday Inn Mayfair is ideally situated for your business or leisure stay. This Mayfair hotel is fully air conditioned and all bedrooms are equiped with high speed internet access. The traditional and tastefully appointed hotel is in close proximity to Green Park, Hyde Park,, the Royal Academy, Covent Garden, superb shops in Bond Street, Regent Street as well as many clubs, casinos and night spots. Oxford Street, Harrods, Buckingham Palace, London Eye, Theatres and the West End are all close by. Adjacent to the hotel is Green Park underground station which gives direct access to Heathrow airport and St Pancras International Station for the Eurostar. As well as mainline rail services from Victoria and the Gatwick Express. All Conference & Meeting rooms in this ideal central London location have natural day light and are equipped to cater for any event. Nightingales Restaurant offers modern British cuisine from light snacks to a full a la carte menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn London Mayfair reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Mayfair Hotel London
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London Mayfair England