“Disappointing restaurant - eat elsewhere!”

Holiday Inn London Mayfair
Ranked #386 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This hotel was used as accommodation for a group of around 20-30 staff members working on an event hosted nearby and is regularly used by the organisers for similar events throughout the year. As a group our manager wanted the whole team to eat all together for the first time. Despite it being a great for team building the meal was really poor.

The restaurant was empty apart from our group of 25. All of us had pre-ordered from a set menu consisting of about 4 choices. The food took far too long and they had obviously lost our pre-order. The steaks were all incorrectly cooked and my dish was not the one described on the menu.

I can understand why the restaurant was empty, in Mayfair there are far nicer places to go, including the pub next door (shame it's not an event sponsor!). I would advise anyone staying in the hotel to eat elsewhere.

Having worked in the service industry, a pre-ordered menu whatever the number should be the easiest booking in the diary and yet it took hours to appear. We were told to be at the restaurant by 8pm and certainly not served before 10pm.

The hotel did not provide a tailored service, they should have been aware that we were all knackered from working at the event all day and really wanted something quick and efficient to set us up for the two full days ahead.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ZSEEP
HotelGuestRelations, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear ZSEEP,

Thank you for staying in our hotel.

I was very sorry to hear that your dining experience in our restaurant did not meet your expectations.

I have sent you a personal message asking for some further details in order for me to follow up on your comments.

Your feedback is very valuable to us and I appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that we can improve our service levels in the future.

Best regards,
Areti Karali
Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 20, 2013

What I most appreciate isnthe excellent location. It is at a walking distance of Bond Street, with the best brand names in fashion, and the entire neighborhood is quiet and styled.
The only thing I would recommend, is that the accesible rooms, should have roll in showers and not a bath! Even this, the size of the room and bathroom are very confortable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Guille_kappa
HotelGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Dear Guille_kappa,
Many thanks for staying with us. We provide accessible rooms with either a bath or a shower. When you are next here or on booking stipulate your preference and you can have whichever.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed with my two teenage children. The 'double' beds were small, OK for small children but too small for teenagers.
The room was clean and comfortable, and the location is fantastic, the tube to Heathrow is only about 300m away. Shopping and the West End is also close by.
The room is in desperate need of a facelift, and I wouldn't recommend for a long stay, but for a short stay its brilliant, on location alone.
The staff were great, nothing was too much trouble.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MandyC123

Dear MandyC123
I am very glad to hear that you stayed with us and that you were pleased with our location and the service offered by the staff. We are working on the decorative order of some rooms as an on-going improvement plan.
Please do come back to see us again soon.

Regards

K Collins

Reviewed April 16, 2013

WORTH IT THE TRIP!

Holiday Inn Mayfair has been a great location for a vacation with my wife. It is so close to Green Park station that you can’t miss it. The service and amenities in general is simply perfect and the deluxe rooms where we stayed very comfortable even though the AC system seemed not to work very properly.
The breakfast room very nice and the offer from the breakfast pretty wide from bacon to muffins, in general staff very professional a suggested location for the upscale area of Mayfair.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank RealBusinessReview
HotelGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Dear RealBusinessReview,
Many thanks for posting a review of your stay with us. It pleases me enormously that both you and your wife were happy with our hotel. I trust we have made a sufficiently good impression to count on you returning to us time and time again.

Best regards

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel has high standards for its location. However I have experienced that the room are quite small.

Everything else is as expected for a Holiday Inn chain.

Parking is not an option here as it is only 4 free spaces so if you plan to go by car leave it somewhere else or use public transport.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear diealvarado,
I am very glad that you had a pleasing experience during your stay at our hotel. In your review you mentioned the limitation of our parking facility. The hotel is one of very few in London that has parking and we actually have extended lower level parking that can accommodate up to 30 vehicles.
Thank you very much for staying with us.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Despite being in Mayfair this was one of the most reasonably priced hotels for two adults and two children sharing a room. What's more we were given a free upgrade to a top floor suite with plenty of space and separate rooms. Great location, quiet as well. Ver nice selection for breakfast too, easy walking distance of main tourist attractions. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Steve W

Dear Steve W,
What you have experienced and shared is the excellent value for money that this hotel offers. However, as you are aware we don't stop there! We will, whenever possible try to give you even better value to enhance your overall experience.

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Mayfair.

Regards

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed here for two nights for a business trip. Chose Holiday Inn because of the location on Picadilly, hard to beat. Green Park station and bus stops next door.
Appearance is a bit 80's style, rooms are shabby (at least those not renovated).
Wallpaper pealing off and furniture shows the age. But we realized this, this seems to be standard in most London hotels (except Marriott).

The biggest plus of this house is the service attitude of staff. When we realized, that rooms in our room could not be opened, they looked for another room and served free drinks in the meantime.
At the same night I realized, that I left my Ipad in the original room.
Reception staff and housekeeping promised, that it was not found.
Finally I decided to knock at the door of this room and asked the couple in there, if they found an Ipad. They said NO. So I told them, i will call police the next morning.
Guess what, returning to my room telephone rang and the guy told me - surprise - they found it under the bed. HA!
I told reception, that I found it and that it was my own fault to lose it.
Nevertheless the night manager showed up and apologized, the maid should have checked the room before it got assigned to other people.
Although I told him, it was really my fault, they got us fruit and drinks.
This is really outstanding service.
So, overall. Hotel is not bad. Perfect location, great staff, rooms in need of renovation.

If location is your preference, highly recommend Holiday Inn Mayfair. Take in mind, most windows cannot be opened.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear ViennaMichael,.
I actually heard about the matter you described and would like to add my apology as it appears that our staff failed to spot your ipad. This however, is most unusual, we simply never miss lost property because housekeeping are very well skilled in checking and cleaning the rooms. I am glad that you were re-acquainted with your device and that you liked our hotel.
Thank you and hope to see you again.

Regards.