This hotel was used as accommodation for a group of around 20-30 staff members working on an event hosted nearby and is regularly used by the organisers for similar events throughout the year. As a group our manager wanted the whole team to eat all together for the first time. Despite it being a great for team building the meal was really poor.
The restaurant was empty apart from our group of 25. All of us had pre-ordered from a set menu consisting of about 4 choices. The food took far too long and they had obviously lost our pre-order. The steaks were all incorrectly cooked and my dish was not the one described on the menu.
I can understand why the restaurant was empty, in Mayfair there are far nicer places to go, including the pub next door (shame it's not an event sponsor!). I would advise anyone staying in the hotel to eat elsewhere.
Having worked in the service industry, a pre-ordered menu whatever the number should be the easiest booking in the diary and yet it took hours to appear. We were told to be at the restaurant by 8pm and certainly not served before 10pm.
The hotel did not provide a tailored service, they should have been aware that we were all knackered from working at the event all day and really wanted something quick and efficient to set us up for the two full days ahead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn London-Mayfair hotel is located in the heart of Mayfair, London's premier hotel district. With its unparalleled location on the corner of Piccadilly and Berkeley Street, the Holiday Inn Mayfair is ideally situated for your business or leisure stay. This Mayfair hotel is fully air conditioned and all bedrooms are equiped with high speed internet access. The traditional and tastefully appointed hotel is in close proximity to Green Park, Hyde Park,, the Royal Academy, Covent Garden, superb shops in Bond Street, Regent Street as well as many clubs, casinos and night spots. Oxford Street, Harrods, Buckingham Palace, London Eye, Theatres and the West End are all close by. Adjacent to the hotel is Green Park underground station which gives direct access to Heathrow airport and St Pancras International Station for the Eurostar. As well as mainline rail services from Victoria and the Gatwick Express. All Conference & Meeting rooms in this ideal central London location have natural day light and are equipped to cater for any event. Nightingales Restaurant offers modern British cuisine from light snacks to a full a la carte menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, IHG, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn London Mayfair reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Mayfair Hotel London
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London Mayfair England