“Fantastic Location = great stay!”

Holiday Inn London Mayfair
Ranked #392 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This hotel is all about location. Without a doubt, it is the best base any visitor could wish for. the underground station of green park is serviced by 3 lines (piccadilly, victoria & jubilee) which will probably allow you to travel anywhere in london directly or without having to change lines. it will also bring you direct to/from heathrow in about 45 mins. you are also withing easy walking distance of alot of major attractions, Buckingham palace is only 5 mins away. The hotel itself is a bit worn and tired, but is very clean. rooms are small (like all city centre hotels) but have everything you could want or need. Breakfast was good if a bit unorganized - there seemed to be nobody keeping an eye on food, milk, juice etc when it ran out!The staff were very helpful. We arrived early morning and were allocated our room withing half an hour.( I had requested early check in before hand.) The cost was expensive, but no more than any other hotel I looked at in central London for this stay. All in all, it was a very pleasant experience to stay in this holiday inn. Its not the lap of luxury (if you want that...you could always stay across the road at the RITZ!) but the location more than makes up for it. Will definitely return.

2  Thank Elizag
HotelGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Elizag,
A very good day to you and many thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us.
As you can see from what other reviews have expressed, we are often commended for our number one location, which allows swift and easy access to just about anything and everything in London.
You will be pleased to know that we are in the process of undergoing a major refurbishment, so we hope that you will look no further then us when you are in town again.
My team and I look forward to welcoming you soon.
Kind regards,
Sarah Nezam
(Guest Relations Manager)

Write a ReviewReviews (2,271)

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Spent a weekend at the Holiday Inn. Perfect location just by the tube station but it was an easy walk up to Picadilly and Leicester Square, we came to see shows and shop so we just walked everywhere.
Hotel is easy to find, just inside of congestion zone so it may be worth parking just outside the area. We had lots of luggage so we drove directly to the hotel, nice under cover area to offload everything although parking at the hotel way too expensive. We parked on the road on Friday night, right outside the hotel and all day sunday, we moved the car on saturday which is a bit of an effort but we ended up only paying £30 for the whole weekend.
Service was ok and we found the room to be spotlessly clean. It makes a nice change to find rooms with 2 double beds in this area and we loved the room.
Didnt try the restaurant but with so many great places to eat within walking distance who would want to bother with a hotel restaurant?
Overall we love it here and will certainly be back on our next trip to London, ignore the moaners on here, its an ideal spot for the London attractions and great value, especially for families.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the building work going on over the road

Dear KarenSolihull,
Hello and thank you for sharing your experience with us. What a wonderful review!, whicj I will most certainly be sharing with the rest of my team.
We want you and all of our guests to know that we strive for success and value your opinion, which is why many of our customers choose to return time and time again.
We are all excited about our upcoming refurbishment as we are more then sure our guests are too.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require our assistance with anything prior to your arrival.
Kind regards,
Sarah Nezam
(Guest Relations Manager)

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Great staff, all very helpful, friendly and polite. Room was extremely dusty which interferred with my asthma. Could not understand why I was weezing so badly; when we inspected the walls, we were disappointed to find the wallpaper full of dust. Probably needs a deep clean as surfaces were spotless. Comfortable beds. No noise from either within the hotel or from outside. Great location, near to Picadilly. We took our 8 yr old grand-daughter back to this hotel as we had a lovely experience there last year. We were more than disappointed with the breakfast; the food was cold and the bread was like rock. Plenty of variety but not great quality. Our child enjoyed a variety of cereals last year but sadly lacking for children this year, bran flakes did not go down too well and she won't eat corn flakes, maybe we should have asked but staff were very busy, although they were all very polite and pleasant.
I do not like giving such negative feedback but I have to be fair. I am afraid we will have to look elsewhere next year.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
HotelGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam
I am somewhat embarrassed that we managed to turn your initial pleasant experience into a less than positive one. This goes against all that we are trying to achieve and it leaves me personally, disappointed. I will be speaking with the responsible departments and expect them to provide me with assurances that the occurrences were only an aberration and will not be repeated. Thank you for your custom and being fair. I do hope you do not allow this single experience to influence your decision when you next need a hotel room.

Guest Relations

Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

The one and only good point about this hotel is its location. This is without doubt the worst Holiday Inn I have stayed in. I expect more from this hotel brand. The service is awful, we had to wait 1 hour for food, not ideal when you've got two young kids. The bar is extortionate, wifi is £5 for 1 hour and the rooms are very dated. Our toilet did not flush properly and the bathroom was very old. The taps display the year 1924 and I dare bet that was the last time they were changed! We spent most of our time in the Holiday Inn Oxford Circus.

• Stayed: October 2012
5  Thank PCTravel_Number01

Dear
Many thanks for taking the time to write and post a review. Only you can tell us if we are meeting your needs and expectations, I am very pleased that you found our location desirable.
However, I am most disappointed to learn that your experience with other aspects of the hotel ‘had been less than satisfactory’, please accept my sincere apologies. I will be looking at each of the issues you raised, sharing them with our teams with a view of preventing any such re-occurrence.
We are also reviewing the service offered by our staff, our accommodation and room rates and assure you that improvements will be evident. We are currently updating rooms with-in the complex and have already replaced our elevators and the upgraded the Stratton Suite. We are continually replacing some furniture including mattresses and beds. Our reception was recently remodelled incorporating the new Holiday Inn livery.
We would be delighted to see you again, please do contact us at himayfair-guestrelations@ihg.com so we can assist with your next visit to London.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Great location beside green park tube. That's we're the positive ends. Shocking experience in the bar ordering food. When it came after forty minutes my youngest sons food was cold. Ice cold. It was like a scene out of fawlty towers. Breakfast wasn't much better. Q at the toaster as bread had to be done twice. Bacon like a brick. Overdone. Rooms were very tired. One the upside bed linen was clean.but unbelievable was the fact that there was no free wifi. Central London hotel in 2012 and no free wifi. Kinda somes up the place. Never again.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Brsman1
I am really sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at our hotel. I am particularly displeased that our food services who usually receives such high praise was at fault. I will have the matter looked into immediately in order to avoid this happening again. We are also aware that the furniturishing and decoration of some rooms require updating and we are currenly doing so.
Once again my sincere apology.

Guest Relation

Reviewed October 29, 2012

The scoring is tough on this hotel. We stayed in an executive room that was large for a London hotel room. The location is fabulous and the double-glazed windows keep the street sounds out. This time the negatives started to wear me down. Only 5 or so TV stations were viewable. The furniture was beat up. We never got our promised morning paper. The bathroom really needed a good scrubbing and really should be redone. The bed mattress is also tired and saggy. The last day we were locked out of the room at noon, although we had arranged a late checkout. I had to get another key and the second one did not work either. I then got a manager Phillipos Ghirmey to open the door. He was friendly and apologized for any problems. 2 days of internet cost 25 pounds. We would give the hotel only 2 stars if it did not have the great location, but 4 stars if the room was updated and the TV worked.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Bondsammax,
Many thanks to you for taking the time to post your views. I note that this was your second visit and I too apologise for the poor service and the other issues you raised. We are working hard to improve all areas of the hotel but it is clear from your comments that we still have some way to go. "We will get there" as we are determine to offer the very best all round package in the Mayfair area and leave all our guests smiling.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I think some of the previous reviews have been very unfair. However, reading them possibly enhanced my experience at this hotel! Having prepared myself for the worst, I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of this hotel.
Immediately, the staff were helpful and friendly as I briefly parked my car for unloading in the pouring rain. The reception staff were welcoming and efficient. Our room was large for central London, and I think that's what other reviewers need to take into consideration. This hotel is in one of the most expensive locations in the world. You won't get a room at the Ritz next door for the prices at this hotel, and as I had managed to get a half-price deal I was over the moon.
Why no 5-star review? A slip-up with the room service breakfast where 2 identical cooked breakfasts were delivered. Unfortunately one of them was supposed to be vegetarian, and they were both quite cold. I'm sure this would have been resolved had we called someone, but we didn't have time to wait for a new breakfast to be delivered, and when we checked out I notified reception and got an apology and a discount applied. Very well handled I thought.
All-in-all, I'd definitely consider this hotel next time I visit London. The location is perfect and if you find a good deal the price can be right.

Room Tip: We booked a twin as I often disturb my wife in a small double, however the double rooms are actually...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DJDaveCharles

Dear DJDaveCharles,
Thank you very much for your forthright views and the realism you brought to the fore.
I am pleased that you found us good enough to return and I hope that you will.

Thank you again.