I think some of the previous reviews have been very unfair. However, reading them possibly enhanced my experience at this hotel! Having prepared myself for the worst, I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of this hotel.
Immediately, the staff were helpful and friendly as I briefly parked my car for unloading in the pouring rain. The reception staff were welcoming and efficient. Our room was large for central London, and I think that's what other reviewers need to take into consideration. This hotel is in one of the most expensive locations in the world. You won't get a room at the Ritz next door for the prices at this hotel, and as I had managed to get a half-price deal I was over the moon.
Why no 5-star review? A slip-up with the room service breakfast where 2 identical cooked breakfasts were delivered. Unfortunately one of them was supposed to be vegetarian, and they were both quite cold. I'm sure this would have been resolved had we called someone, but we didn't have time to wait for a new breakfast to be delivered, and when we checked out I notified reception and got an apology and a discount applied. Very well handled I thought.
All-in-all, I'd definitely consider this hotel next time I visit London. The location is perfect and if you find a good deal the price can be right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn London-Mayfair hotel is located in the heart of Mayfair, London's premier hotel district. With its unparalleled location on the corner of Piccadilly and Berkeley Street, the Holiday Inn Mayfair is ideally situated for your business or leisure stay. This Mayfair hotel is fully air conditioned and all bedrooms are equiped with high speed internet access. The traditional and tastefully appointed hotel is in close proximity to Green Park, Hyde Park,, the Royal Academy, Covent Garden, superb shops in Bond Street, Regent Street as well as many clubs, casinos and night spots. Oxford Street, Harrods, Buckingham Palace, London Eye, Theatres and the West End are all close by. Adjacent to the hotel is Green Park underground station which gives direct access to Heathrow airport and St Pancras International Station for the Eurostar. As well as mainline rail services from Victoria and the Gatwick Express. All Conference & Meeting rooms in this ideal central London location have natural day light and are equipped to cater for any event. Nightingales Restaurant offers modern British cuisine from light snacks to a full a la carte menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn London Mayfair reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Mayfair Hotel London
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London Mayfair England