“This is Mayfair, get a grip people!”

Holiday Inn London Mayfair
Ranked #378 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Liverpool
“This is Mayfair, get a grip people!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I think some of the previous reviews have been very unfair. However, reading them possibly enhanced my experience at this hotel! Having prepared myself for the worst, I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of this hotel.
Immediately, the staff were helpful and friendly as I briefly parked my car for unloading in the pouring rain. The reception staff were welcoming and efficient. Our room was large for central London, and I think that's what other reviewers need to take into consideration. This hotel is in one of the most expensive locations in the world. You won't get a room at the Ritz next door for the prices at this hotel, and as I had managed to get a half-price deal I was over the moon.
Why no 5-star review? A slip-up with the room service breakfast where 2 identical cooked breakfasts were delivered. Unfortunately one of them was supposed to be vegetarian, and they were both quite cold. I'm sure this would have been resolved had we called someone, but we didn't have time to wait for a new breakfast to be delivered, and when we checked out I notified reception and got an apology and a discount applied. Very well handled I thought.
All-in-all, I'd definitely consider this hotel next time I visit London. The location is perfect and if you find a good deal the price can be right.

Room Tip: We booked a twin as I often disturb my wife in a small double, however the double rooms are actually...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DJDaveCharles
HotelGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear DJDaveCharles,
Thank you very much for your forthright views and the realism you brought to the fore.
I am pleased that you found us good enough to return and I hope that you will.

Thank you again.

Guest Relations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Having stayed at a number of hotels in London, I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The staff were professional and friendly and the room was clean and well presented. The location is perfect for both business and for having a break in London. Will definately use this hotel again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HotelGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear Stuart F,

Thank you for sharing your experience of our hotel with others. I am very pleased that your comments described what we are aiming to achieve...
A Good Hotel Much Better Than Expected.

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The location of this hotel cannot be beat. With less than a half a block walk to the underground and a bus stop and double decker tour bus stop closer than that, you can't ask for much more! In our room we had two adults and two children (6 and 7). The room was more than adequate. The front desk was able to accomodate our request, including clearing out the minibar refrigerator so we could put juice and snacks in it that we bought at the Sainsburys across the street. We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. There is a very, very good chance that when we return to London, we will stay here again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MarylandMel
Dear MarylandMel,
It is often posted that our location is ideally suited to both the business and leisure traveller. We agree of course but do not take this for granted and just as you did we want the world to know that we offer much more; highly trained staff who are always at your service, fantastic facilities and remarkable value for money..

Thanks very much and hope to see you again soon.

KC.
Grand Cayman
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed here for one night in an excutive room. The receptionists were friendly and welcoming but the whole hotel is in need of a refurbishment. There was a musty smell throughout the hotel typical of old soft furnishings. My executive room was equally in need of refurbishment but was clean. The bathroom was very large. Had a good night sleep but didn't try breakfast so couldn't comment. Would give this a miss next time since cost was push £300 a night room only!

4 Thank Patchpup
HotelGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Patchpup,
A very good day to you and many thanks for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. We very much hope that you enjoyed our hospitality and are very sure that you will no further then choosing to stay with us again, reason being is that you will be delighted to know and we are proud to inform you that we are currently in the process of a major refurbishment to many of our rooms hense why we hope you will choose to stay with us again.
We want you to know that we strive for success and value each and every guest comments and reviews received.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any assistance prior to your next trip.
We look forward to welcoming you soon
Kind regards,
Sarah Nezam
(Guest Relations Manager)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This hotel was perfectly located next to St. James Park on the double decker bus line, two blocks from Buckingham Palace and a half block to the tube. The rooms were very nice- more like a Hyatt. The only complaint I have is the service in the restaurant for breakfast, however the food was good. The Brazilian Embassy is also housed in this hotel on a couple of floors!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Karen A
HotelGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Karen A,
Our location has long been cited as the main attraction of the hotel. We are however, pleased to offer exceptional value for money, staff who are dedicated and professional and facilities which are comfortable and salubrious..

Thank you for staying with us and I hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Guest Relations.
Israel
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed at Holiday Inn London - Mayfair for night (business trip). The room was OK, but could use renovation, especially the shower. The hotel breakfast can be skipped.
The staff is helpful and friendly.
The location of the hotel is perfect. The tube and buses near the hotel makes it very easy to get around.
I would not stay here again if I needed to pay to the room. Despite the great location, for the money the hotel is not worth it.
For business, if you need to be in Mayfair, not a bad option.

1 Thank einavi
Dear einavi,
Thank you for leaving your feedback. Please note that the hotel offers a range of very affordable packages which provide exceptional value for money. So if you do not have sufficient points please do no exclude us from your options list. We are also improving the general decor of the hotel and these improvements will give a better more luxurious feel to the premises.

Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Checked in for 1 night (business trip). For a moment thought I was in the wrong hotel! 4*?? I paid £236 on lastminute.com for this 4* 'mystery hotel' and all I can say is this is a hotel in desperate need of modernisation a proper lick of paint. I stay in London hotels frequently & this is possibly the most 'tired' 4* I have stayed in. Disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Smiler71,
A good day to you.
I am grateful that you have taken the trouble to air your views of our hotel. We are aware that in some areas of the premises improvements can be made to the decor and that is precisely what we are doing. However, we are going beyond a "lick of paint" and undertaking a full program of refurbishment starting with a selection of rooms.
Please come back again to see the difference.

Guest Relations