We wanted to visit London and we looked for a well placed hotel so that we can easily get around and be close to London's hotspots.
After reviewing some hotels on Tripadvisor I chose the Holiday Inn in Mayfair and I have to say I was not dissapointed.
The hotel is perfectly located right at the exit of the Green Park tube station and that makes it very easy to access from the airport (you have a direct tube from there via the Piccadilly line - takes about 45-50 mins).
Also Green Park station is a crossing between 2 other lines, which makes it even easier to go by tube (you need to switch less often) and It's just a 4-5 mins walk through Green Park to Buckingham Palace.
The hotel is quite nice. It's not pretentious, staff is very friendly.
Breakfast is quite good and varied, the breakfast lounge spacious and well kept.
Rooms are spacious and well-lit (we stayed in an executive king room) which was nice and well equipped.
The hotel has several downsides though.
The biggest would be that they don't have included Internet access and that's quite a bummer, especially since the paid access can be quite expensive. You're better off getting a pay-as-you-go (pre-paid) sim-card from one of the local providers who offer 2G of traffic for as low as 17GBP.
Secondly, the rooms are large and clean, but the bathroom would benefit from some refurbishing (bathtub, sink, were clean but you could see the "age fatigue" on them). On the first day the shower cord was pierced and it leaked, but once we reported this to the staff they replaced it quickly (when we came back from a walk, they had replaced it with a brand new one).
The third drawback would be the price. It mean don't get me wrong, the location is perfect in my opinion, but the room price is a bit high for what it's offered.
But all in all, if you're looking for a good hotel in a really good location, this is a really-really good place (just make sure you have internet on your phone/tablet).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn London-Mayfair hotel is located in the heart of Mayfair, London's premier hotel district. With its unparalleled location on the corner of Piccadilly and Berkeley Street, the Holiday Inn Mayfair is ideally situated for your business or leisure stay. This Mayfair hotel is fully air conditioned and all bedrooms are equiped with high speed internet access. The traditional and tastefully appointed hotel is in close proximity to Green Park, Hyde Park,, the Royal Academy, Covent Garden, superb shops in Bond Street, Regent Street as well as many clubs, casinos and night spots. Oxford Street, Harrods, Buckingham Palace, London Eye, Theatres and the West End are all close by. Adjacent to the hotel is Green Park underground station which gives direct access to Heathrow airport and St Pancras International Station for the Eurostar. As well as mainline rail services from Victoria and the Gatwick Express. All Conference & Meeting rooms in this ideal central London location have natural day light and are equipped to cater for any event. Nightingales Restaurant offers modern British cuisine from light snacks to a full a la carte menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn London Mayfair reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Mayfair Hotel London
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London Mayfair England