The Holiday Inn Mayfair is located conveniently in central London. Unfortunately the service and hotel rooms are lacking. So far this year I have stayed at this hotel four times, each time there were a number of issues. Because the price is similar to other hotels in the area, I will try another hotel next time I am in London.
Hair in breakfast. During one of my stays earlier in the year I discovered a curly hair in the breakfast. After notifying the hotel staff, I was told that I would not be charged for the breakfast – I didn’t eat due to a loss in apatite.
Toilet that doesn’t flush. During my last stay the toilet in my room did not flush. I notified the staff, which sent somebody to fix the issue – unfortunately the toilet didn’t work after the fix.
Breakfast late. If you aren't a business traveller, then it might not matter if breakfast is not available when they say it will be, but if you are on a tight schedule 15-20 minutes do matter. The breakfast isn't great, but it is sufficient. The selection and quality of the fruit is weak.
WiFi spotty. The WiFi sometimes disappears and takes 30 min to 2 hours to return.
Incorrect and inconsistent room service. Ordering room service is like Kindersurprise, you never know what you are going to get. There is always something wrong, forgetting a glass for the water, putting cheese on a no-cheese order…
The hotel isn’t bad if you are looking for a good bed and don’t care about service that lacks and some of the issues I described above. The location of the hotel is great. The burger(s) are pretty good, great bread and the meat tastes good too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn London-Mayfair hotel is located in the heart of Mayfair, London's premier hotel district. With its unparalleled location on the corner of Piccadilly and Berkeley Street, the Holiday Inn Mayfair is ideally situated for your business or leisure stay. This Mayfair hotel is fully air conditioned and all bedrooms are equiped with high speed internet access. The traditional and tastefully appointed hotel is in close proximity to Green Park, Hyde Park,, the Royal Academy, Covent Garden, superb shops in Bond Street, Regent Street as well as many clubs, casinos and night spots. Oxford Street, Harrods, Buckingham Palace, London Eye, Theatres and the West End are all close by. Adjacent to the hotel is Green Park underground station which gives direct access to Heathrow airport and St Pancras International Station for the Eurostar. As well as mainline rail services from Victoria and the Gatwick Express. All Conference & Meeting rooms in this ideal central London location have natural day light and are equipped to cater for any event. Nightingales Restaurant offers modern British cuisine from light snacks to a full a la carte menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn London Mayfair reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Mayfair Hotel London
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London Mayfair England