“No return...”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Stockholm, Sweden
“No return...”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We had to wait approximately one hour to check-in due to cleaning. This was after the official check-in time. We booked non-smoking rooms but ended up in designated smoking rooms since the hotel was, at that time, fully booked. When addressing this issue with the staff we were greeted with silly excuses. "The hotel decide which room you get, the ozone machine practically makes it non-smoking, we can open a window for you" etc. We had to phone up Hotels.com in order to get transferred to other rooms, rooms which now were available by magic. The staff overall was non-friendly, with some exceptions. The cold water connection in one of the bathrooms were shut off, standard was below average, old stains on the pillows, ironing board had lots of residues.

Good sides? Close to Hanger Lane station. Food in the restaurant (pasta) was of above average standard. Breakfast buffet how ever was very poor.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank grievouspilot
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear reviewer, I am very sorry to read that you did not have a good experience and that the hotel did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincere personal apologies for the shortfalls. The reception staff should have handled (and explained) your reservation request with more professionalism and care. Your reservation did highlight a request for non-smoking rooms, but it does not guarantee them and unfortunately when you arrived there were non available. This did change as the staff did re-arrange the other bookings to accommodate your request, but by this time your perception of the staff and hotel was understandably already negatively tainted. We are spending a significant amount of money on converting 10 of our 15 smoking rooms to non-smoking this month, to help avoid future issues such as you unfortunately experienced.
Gordon Stewart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Portishead, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

I'm fortunate enough to be a IHG Platinum Member and received a very warm welcome to this hotel. Very relaxing after a long week... Right on the Central Line tube with easy access to Central London and then a quick getaway towards the West of England tomorrow.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BigJV
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear reviewer, thank you for taking the time to add your positive rating. I am most pleased to note that your IHG Reward status was recognised.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Having experienced other Crowne Plaza's we booked this as we were going to a concert at Wembley. Upon arrival we were acknowledged immediately by the very polite staff. Check-in by Andre was fast and efficient, Our Club room was lovely and spacious, the beds are the most comfortable for a great nights sleep. The bathroom with walk-in shower was immaculate. One small gripe is it was booked for 2 adults and only had one shower robe.
The absence of the sleep package was also missed as this is what we receive in other Crowne Plaza's. The Club Lounge is great with a pc to use free, papers, magazines, hot and cold drinks all day and alcoholic drinks and canopes from 6-10pm.
A nice touch was the ice making machines located on floors 1 and 3 brilliant for filling our own bucket for our Champagne before and after the concert.
Included in Club rooms is a Continental breakfast unfortunately we did not sample this as it is not to our liking, maybe in future they could add toast and little pots of jam and marmalade? As this is what we were offered in Crowne Plaza Kensington upon informing staff we do not eat little crusty cobs eggs cheese or cold meats for breakfast. But hey this is just a personal preference takes nothing away from the fanatastic staff and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose floors 1 or 3 they have ice making machines.
1 Thank Our-Biddy01
Dear reviewer, thank you for giving such a glowing review. I note your comments on the sleep kit and the Club Lounge offering. We are now looking at the practicality of adding a toaster to our current offering for Club Lounge breakfast.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Very nice hotel, ideal location for Hanger Lane Tube and on the bus route to/from Wembley. Found the Hotel to be very quiet didn't even hear people closing doors or walking about above you. The bed was so comfortable with a lovely cosy quilt. The only thing I would say is we were in a double room but there was only one dressing gown and were only given one complimentary chocolate.
The breakfast isn't great with little choice of hot food, the black pudding was cut so thin it feel apart when you lifted it and the scrambled egg was very wet. A lot of items had run out and not replenished, you had to ask staff for things to be filled up. Fried, poached or boiled eggs were available on request but omelettes had an additional charge. At £17.50 per person we felt that was a bit expensive for the standard. On our second morning we had to ask a second time for tea and toast and then there was then a mix up and we were brought coffee and the wrong toast. We ordered boiled eggs but then had to ask for spoons to eat them with. A waiter then tried to give us fried eggs which we hadn't ordered. The staff don't seem to know what is going on in the dining room in the morning although they are all pleasant enough but I hate having to ask for things constantly.
Overall I enjoyed my two night stay but a few things did let it down.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear reviewer, thank you for taking the time to add your feedback. I am pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay. But please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls at breakfast; I was embarrassed to read what you have experienced and it is not acceptable and has been raised to ensure it is addressed. I note your comment on the cost of breakfast, but when booking a room breakfast is only £10 per room extra, which is only £5 per person!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed here for two nights as we were going to a concert at Wembley. I booked this hotel back in December so got a really good deal. I booked a deluxe double without breakfast but was told on arrival that it was a club room with complimentary club lounge wit drinks and snacks and also a continental breakfast. The room was lovely and had all we needed for our stay. We got the train into London and Hanger lane underground station is just two minutes away..ideal. The best thing about the hotel for us were the lovely helpful staff. From the minute we arrived on check in to them storing our luggage on the last day ( we were even allowed a late check out) we found every member of staff so helpful. The night of the concert they called a cab for us...any many other guests and suggested that we share to cut the cab fare. Brilliant hotel with lovely staff

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear reviewer, thank you for your fantastic feedback; I am particularly proud on your comments on the staff and I will share your comments with them personally.
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed here ahead of going to a concert at Wembley Stadium. Whilst not particularly close to Wembley (it's a £10-15 cab ride away) or a 3.5 mile walk, I chose to stay here as I've stayed here before and found it to be a comfortable, clean and well managed property. My memory of it was correct.

Check in was seamless. Very polite staff at the front desk set the tone well. I parked in the rear of the property and parking (not surprisingly) is chargeable here (£12.50). Once this was dutifully done, we walked to our room on the third floor. The room was comfortable, air conditioned and clean. The bathroom was immaculate and facilities in our standard room included robes, tea and coffee and some nice toiletries in the bathroom. The hotel is located on a very busy intersection but no outside noise was heard (the room was very well insulated). We took a meal in the hotel restaurant and it was delicious. Well cooked and served in good time. The price for the quality was very reasonable, too.

A good night's sleep ensued after the concert. In the morning, we took breakfast in the hotel and again, it was plentiful and delicious. Not particularly cheap at £25.00 for the two of us, but lots of fresh fruit, juice, cooked food, cereals etc. The breakfast room was quiet, clean and well managed again and staff were attentive in their serving of toast and fresh tea / coffee to the table.

Check out was again a seamless affair and we were on our way. I have stayed here when going to concerts at Wembley. I wished I had grounds to stay more often as it's a really nice hotel. Comfortable, easy to get to and clean / quiet throughout. It's a nice change to come across a service standard maintained across all aspects of the hotel. Well done to the management of this place - a nice break and exactly what was needed / expected of my stay here.

Room Tip: Front facing is ideal, as the rooms at the back look over a carpark / service yard / housing estate...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear reviewer, thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review following your stay. I am very proud to read such a positive review and very pleased that you experienced the hotel as I hope every guest does.
Singapore
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a tired property. The rooms are somewhere between 'standard' and 'old', and whilst definitely livable, I must admit I was not exactly impressed. I was surprised by the fact that the TV was an old CRT for example. The service was also unimpressive - I checked in very early in on a Monday morning, and was greeted by a rather grumpy receptionist who told me off for checking in too early. However, I suppose I should have been grateful that he let me check in early anyway!

I also had one meal at the in-house restaurant. I ordered a burger, which i was told only comes well-done. It was not a great burger, and much too dry.

All in all, it is a functional hotel, but there is a dearth of options in the area. On the plus side, it is conveniently located near to the Tube station.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear reviewer, first and foremost sincere apologies that the hotel and service did not meet your expectations. One current key priority is updating our TV offering as soon as a suitable supplier can be found and the funds to purchase can be approved. First impression upon arrival is key and your description of your greeting is not acceptable; again apologies for that shortfall. I note your comment on the burger, but unless a burger is freshly made and cooked from scratch Food Safety dictates that all burgers are cooked well done to ensure any potential bacteria are killed. I would appreciate further detail on why you have scored us only 2 out of 5 for cleanliness, if we have missed anything your detail would be really appreciated.