“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Having experienced other Crowne Plaza's we booked this as we were going to a concert at Wembley. Upon arrival we were acknowledged immediately by the very polite staff. Check-in by Andre was fast and efficient, Our Club room was lovely and spacious, the beds are the most comfortable for a great nights sleep. The bathroom with walk-in shower was immaculate. One small gripe is it was booked for 2 adults and only had one shower robe.
The absence of the sleep package was also missed as this is what we receive in other Crowne Plaza's. The Club Lounge is great with a pc to use free, papers, magazines, hot and cold drinks all day and alcoholic drinks and canopes from 6-10pm.
A nice touch was the ice making machines located on floors 1 and 3 brilliant for filling our own bucket for our Champagne before and after the concert.
Included in Club rooms is a Continental breakfast unfortunately we did not sample this as it is not to our liking, maybe in future they could add toast and little pots of jam and marmalade? As this is what we were offered in Crowne Plaza Kensington upon informing staff we do not eat little crusty cobs eggs cheese or cold meats for breakfast. But hey this is just a personal preference takes nothing away from the fanatastic staff and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose floors 1 or 3 they have ice making machines.
1 Thank SummerLeigh01
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear reviewer, thank you for giving such a glowing review. I note your comments on the sleep kit and the Club Lounge offering. We are now looking at the practicality of adding a toaster to our current offering for Club Lounge breakfast.
Gordon Stewart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Very nice hotel, ideal location for Hanger Lane Tube and on the bus route to/from Wembley. Found the Hotel to be very quiet didn't even hear people closing doors or walking about above you. The bed was so comfortable with a lovely cosy quilt. The only thing I would say is we were in a double room but there was only one dressing gown and were only given one complimentary chocolate.
The breakfast isn't great with little choice of hot food, the black pudding was cut so thin it feel apart when you lifted it and the scrambled egg was very wet. A lot of items had run out and not replenished, you had to ask staff for things to be filled up. Fried, poached or boiled eggs were available on request but omelettes had an additional charge. At £17.50 per person we felt that was a bit expensive for the standard. On our second morning we had to ask a second time for tea and toast and then there was then a mix up and we were brought coffee and the wrong toast. We ordered boiled eggs but then had to ask for spoons to eat them with. A waiter then tried to give us fried eggs which we hadn't ordered. The staff don't seem to know what is going on in the dining room in the morning although they are all pleasant enough but I hate having to ask for things constantly.
Overall I enjoyed my two night stay but a few things did let it down.

• 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear reviewer, thank you for taking the time to add your feedback. I am pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay. But please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls at breakfast; I was embarrassed to read what you have experienced and it is not acceptable and has been raised to ensure it is addressed. I note your comment on the cost of breakfast, but when booking a room breakfast is only £10 per room extra, which is only £5 per person!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed here for two nights as we were going to a concert at Wembley. I booked this hotel back in December so got a really good deal. I booked a deluxe double without breakfast but was told on arrival that it was a club room with complimentary club lounge wit drinks and snacks and also a continental breakfast. The room was lovely and had all we needed for our stay. We got the train into London and Hanger lane underground station is just two minutes away..ideal. The best thing about the hotel for us were the lovely helpful staff. From the minute we arrived on check in to them storing our luggage on the last day ( we were even allowed a late check out) we found every member of staff so helpful. The night of the concert they called a cab for us...any many other guests and suggested that we share to cut the cab fare. Brilliant hotel with lovely staff

• 5 of 5 stars
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear reviewer, thank you for your fantastic feedback; I am particularly proud on your comments on the staff and I will share your comments with them personally.
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed here ahead of going to a concert at Wembley Stadium. Whilst not particularly close to Wembley (it's a £10-15 cab ride away) or a 3.5 mile walk, I chose to stay here as I've stayed here before and found it to be a comfortable, clean and well managed property. My memory of it was correct.

Check in was seamless. Very polite staff at the front desk set the tone well. I parked in the rear of the property and parking (not surprisingly) is chargeable here (£12.50). Once this was dutifully done, we walked to our room on the third floor. The room was comfortable, air conditioned and clean. The bathroom was immaculate and facilities in our standard room included robes, tea and coffee and some nice toiletries in the bathroom. The hotel is located on a very busy intersection but no outside noise was heard (the room was very well insulated). We took a meal in the hotel restaurant and it was delicious. Well cooked and served in good time. The price for the quality was very reasonable, too.

A good night's sleep ensued after the concert. In the morning, we took breakfast in the hotel and again, it was plentiful and delicious. Not particularly cheap at £25.00 for the two of us, but lots of fresh fruit, juice, cooked food, cereals etc. The breakfast room was quiet, clean and well managed again and staff were attentive in their serving of toast and fresh tea / coffee to the table.

Check out was again a seamless affair and we were on our way. I have stayed here when going to concerts at Wembley. I wished I had grounds to stay more often as it's a really nice hotel. Comfortable, easy to get to and clean / quiet throughout. It's a nice change to come across a service standard maintained across all aspects of the hotel. Well done to the management of this place - a nice break and exactly what was needed / expected of my stay here.

Room Tip: Front facing is ideal, as the rooms at the back look over a carpark / service yard / housing estate...
    • 5 of 5 stars
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear reviewer, thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review following your stay. I am very proud to read such a positive review and very pleased that you experienced the hotel as I hope every guest does.
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a tired property. The rooms are somewhere between 'standard' and 'old', and whilst definitely livable, I must admit I was not exactly impressed. I was surprised by the fact that the TV was an old CRT for example. The service was also unimpressive - I checked in very early in on a Monday morning, and was greeted by a rather grumpy receptionist who told me off for checking in too early. However, I suppose I should have been grateful that he let me check in early anyway!

I also had one meal at the in-house restaurant. I ordered a burger, which i was told only comes well-done. It was not a great burger, and much too dry.

All in all, it is a functional hotel, but there is a dearth of options in the area. On the plus side, it is conveniently located near to the Tube station.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Dear reviewer, first and foremost sincere apologies that the hotel and service did not meet your expectations. One current key priority is updating our TV offering as soon as a suitable supplier can be found and the funds to purchase can be approved. First impression upon arrival is key and your description of your greeting is not acceptable; again apologies for that shortfall. I note your comment on the burger, but unless a burger is freshly made and cooked from scratch Food Safety dictates that all burgers are cooked well done to ensure any potential bacteria are killed. I would appreciate further detail on why you have scored us only 2 out of 5 for cleanliness, if we have missed anything your detail would be really appreciated.
Staffordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We were in London for a concert at Wembley Stadium, and this was the only hotel left with vacancies. It was a lovely hotel for a decent price after shopping around on the internet for the best price. Breakfast wasnt included which didnt matter as we missed it anyway.

Food prices were very expensive, £27.50 for steak and chips was excessive to say the least. £1.95p for a KitKat, crazy prices. £12.50 for two drinks at the bar.

The signal on the tv is awful, the internet is expensive, 25p per minute. But there is good 3g signal so not necessary for a short stay.

It is also complicated to find, dont rely on the SatNav, it takes you behind the hotel where there isnt any access. We went around the block 3 times before we found the way in, You have to head towards Perivale in the far left hand lane, take it slow though as the entrance isnt signposted and easily missed,

We enjoyed the concert, and slept well, we would stay here again, its a lovely hotel, the staff very helpful.

Room Tip: Its on the very busy A40 opt for a room at the back where its quieter.
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dear reviewer, thank you for your comments and I acknowledge the negatives points raised, please accept my apologies that these did not meet your expectations, however I am pleased to note that these did not detract from your overall satisfaction. We do have a wide variety of food and drinks, with main courses available from less than £10 and I note that you have highlighted our top priced dish which is a prime cut of succulent 21 day aged sirloin. We are looking to significantly invest and improve our TV offering, which unfortunately may take some time and internet is free to some IHG Reward members now and will be free to all from 2014.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

This is a fantastic hotel with a great location.
Food and service are second to none and the staff are very helpful.
All hotels should aim to match this high standard.
I will be staying here again when I'm back in the area.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear reviewer, thank you for your comments, we couldn't ask for better feedback. The key for us will be providing exactly the same when you stay with us again.