“Amazingly quiet given the location”

Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing
Ranked #279 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I was worried that the location of this hotel would make if somewhat noisy; it wasn't. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed, very comfy bed, which is important. Good shower too with a good water flow which is also important.

Difficult to find if you don't know where the entrance is, the drivers speeding around the island outside will bad mouth you as you cut them up to get in, take no notice.

The wireless was a tad unreliable which is not good for a business trip, they need to do better on this.

I didn't use the restaurant so i cannot comment.

That charge you to park your car out the back.

Room Tip: Get a room that looks aout the back.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MarkHc3
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear reviewer, thank you for adding your positive feedback following your recent stay with us. I note your comment on the wireless connection; we do also have wired connections in all bedrooms at the desk.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I will keep it simple. Comfy bed, great food and bar prices reasonable. £12 for breakfast is too expensive though. We booked it for the killers concert at Wembley and the location for the Stadium is great.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear reviewer, thank you for your positive feedback. I acknowledge your comment on our breakfast pricing; our bed and breakfast rates are typically only £10 greater than our room only rates - that works out at only £5 per person for breakfast!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We (my family and I) stayed at this hotel in June for business that I had in north-west of London. We had the club room booked through Hotels.com. Unlike what is written on hotels.com site we were offered breakfast and access to the club lounge for evening snack. The evening snack was just few nuts and drink, so do not really count on it. The breakfast included simple bread, eggs to boil, three types of cheese, jam, some fruits, cereals, etc. So it was the level of what you normally eat at home.
The hotel is just across the street from Central line station making it perfect for communication. There are also several eateries close by.
The rooms were very clean. Our room which was just a little bit more expensive that other rooms was huge with a lot of space that you can almost never get on a similar budget in London.
You had to pay for wifi but it was available downstairs. I never give full credit to a hotel that does not provide free wifi no matter how cheap or expensive. We did not have time to use it. TV channels were very few.

Room Tip: book club rooms
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank screenname060309
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear reviewer, thank you for your positive feedback and detail of what we provide. I note your comments on wifi and the TVs; wifi is now complimentary to all Gold, Platinum and Ambassador level guests on the IHG Reward programme. The hotel will update / upgrade the TVs and channels when the current contract expires.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed here a few days ago for a night. Hotel is most other hotels, nothing distinguishing. But was pleasantly surprised to see the staff remember my name even the next day. Location is quite good for commuters with Hanger Lane station next door and Park Royal about 10 minutes walk away. If you are driving here, the entrance is in a lane on the right side of the hotel (while facing it), a bit tricky to figure out.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear reviewer, thank you for your feedback. I am very pleased to note your comment about the staff and I like to think that the little touches like that, do distinguish us from 'normal' hotels.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

have stayed at this hotel many times over the years . but our last visit was a bit of a disaster .we were woken in the middle of the night by a couple in a nearby room having a domestic . we discovered on checking out the next day that they had left in the middle of the night .two gripes with this hotel it is about time they had flat screen tv's in all the rooms & the parking is getting to be a bit of a rip off .especially as they have usually plenty of spaces & it used to be free when the hotel was a holiday inn .

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear reviewer, thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to note that other residents disturbed your sleep, which I appreciate is a critical part of a hotel stay and overall satisfaction. I acknowledge your comments on the TVs and car parking; I do hope to be able to announce when the whole TV system will be updated upon the end of the current contract. Your comment on the car parking charge is somewhat puzzling as it has been in place for the past 7 years and is a significantly lesser cost than some surrounding competitor hotels.

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Wonderfully attentive staff who remember your name! Nice upgrade to business class and access to lounge was added bonus- clean quiet rooms with good bathroom facilities- I would stay again as useful 83 bus outside to get to Wembley

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear reviewer, thank you for the glowing review! I am particularly proud to read that you found the staff 'wonderfully attentive'.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I booked this hotel for my boyfriend and I as a surprise to celebrate his birthday recently. I planned things to do for us in and around central London, but didn't want to pay massively for a hotel in the city centre. I found this hotel for £80 for one night booking ten days in advance at a non-refundable rate. I would definitely stay here again I'm just disappointed we didn't have time to use the steam room etc.

I didn't really know what to expect as I wasn't paying much for a hotel in London but upon arrival the inside is really beautiful especially compared to its location and frontage which lets it down a little. Our room was very luxurious even for a standard suite with double bed. We had a really nice en-suite, modern bathroom and the bed was really comfy! There are tea and coffee making facilities in the room including tea bags, coffee, hot chocolate, milk and sugar etc. and we had two complimentary bottles of water in our fridge which gives it a really nice touch.

I assume this kind of hotel is usually used for business trips and outings to Wembley however for couples it is really great too. Don't let the distance from the town centre put you off as it is only within zone 3 of the tube map so not too costly and journey only takes about 25 minutes. I would happily stay here again for any sort of trip!

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor with next to no traffic noise apart from the odd siren which was s...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura478

Dear reviewer, your pleasant surprise is a common finding for new visitors; thank you for adding your detailed positive feedback. As you personally found out the location and external visuals do not do justice to the internal facilities of the hotel.